Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
The grocery store was having a sale on it so i picked up a lb. I'd go meander into GWS but i think they would tell me to marinate it in a dark cellar for a week with froi gras, offal, boars head, and platypus feet in a cedar casket and then souvide it.

I dont have a bbq and i heard you have to cook it for awhile because it's pretty tough. maybe a stew?

The fate of my meat is in your hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

microwave it then pour a1 sauce on it

you're welcome

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I thought it said "gooncocks"

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

neato burrito posted:

microwave it then pour a1 sauce on it

you're welcome

i don't have a microwave (space constraint more than anything else, and i microwave leftovers at work)

fakeaccount posted:

my cock is also in your hands

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
i got some... ehehe, 'plump sausage' for ya op

a real hot meat link

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Broil it

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

1. Leave it on a radiator or something similar to warm it up
2. Cut a small slit in the thickest part of the meat
3. gently caress it

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Season it with salt and pepper, sear it in butter, then broil it at 500 in a cast iron pan for 22 minutes, flipping once at about 15 minutes in.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Ork of Fiction posted:

Season it with salt and pepper, sear it in butter, then broil it at 500 in a cast iron pan for 22 minutes, flipping once at about 15 minutes in.

hmmm... thanks. I do have a cast iron pan so that may work. is that enough time to cook it? it's about an inch thick or so. is there anything more than salt+pepper that i could do?

e: I've never broiled steak before so it'll be fun to try it

Xaris fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jan 29, 2015

naem
May 29, 2011

Broil it?

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012
slow cooker > everything

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Hello from the 1970's.
No one calls it a loving 'london broil' anymore.

It's a top round roast, or, if it's been cut, it's a top round steak.
It's mostly a piece of poo poo cut that takes some care to make it work right, and if you're calling it a goddamn 'london broil' you have no expectations to live up to.

You're a failure and a human being. Let it sit in some Worcestershire sauce for 20 minutes and then pan fry it like you'd normally do for one of your 'world famous' steaks and then marvel at how tough it is, you dick.

Or you could use google. I know, poo poo's insane. I'm just putting that out there.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Ork of Fiction posted:

Then let it rest for about 10 minutes, covered in foil. Slice thin.

You could also make a quick marinade of red wine, soy sauce, rosemary, thyme and a tsp or two of sugar. Marinade for a day before cooking, or at least begin marinading in the morning and cook at night. Same cooking, but sear it off in a hot pan first, all sides, then broil. Still slice thin. Always slice beef roasts thin.

HamHawkes
Jan 25, 2014

fakeaccount posted:

Same as well. So I thought london broil was a nickname or a sexual move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Lightly truss it and freeze it and make a miniature Tjalknol.

• Locked thread