Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
http://www.cnet.com/news/holy-fark-drew-curtis-is-running-for-kentucky-governor/

Maybe Lowtax could run for Governor of Missouri or at least be a Mayor somewhere!

quote:

"I'm running for governor because if I get elected, the vicious cycle of influence money in politics grinds to a halt," Curtis wrote in a post announcing his candidacy on (where else?) Fark. "I don't have 'beliefs' on issues of economics. I'm more or less agnostic on social issues. And I'm far more excited about retooling the executive branch to better interface with customers than anything else. The boring stuff is the most important stuff. It doesn't grab headlines but it's the part of being governor I really want to sink my teeth into."

What is the boring stuff? If he's serious I would think he would have a better platform than "I don't really 'believe' in any of your issues, but I would like for politicians to be more accessible to the people that hate them"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
Does he like PETA and think science is evil?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
i have several questions, answer them in any order

What the gently caress is Fark
Who the gently caress is Drew Curtis
Why is there a governor of sexual lubricant
Why should I care about any of this

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

hahaha boy this guy sure likes beer!

I never met anyone that was really into Fark and not a complete sack of poo poo

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
Write in Richard Kyanka, imo

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

quote:

And I'm far more excited about retooling the executive branch to better interface with customers than anything else. 

Yes every governor should run his state like a tech start-up.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
He will change the official motto of the state to "Duke Sucks"

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHVLkq7jriY

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
Good :devil:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Governor of KY Jelly more like

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
"Guys vote for me, I'm finally going to get the money out of politics"

*Campaign never goes anywhere because neither party will support it*

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Fried Chicken,;'''''''''

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
finally someone is interested in the really important part of governance: public relations

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL

Who wants this guy kissing their babies?

If anyone, it would be Kentucky residents.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
I hope he wins. Best case scenario he actually does what he says and somehow overhauls the nuts and bolts part of the government (that he has jurisdiction over anyway) to be more responsive to serving the community and all the career politicians look like complete charlatans and frauds since apparently managerial tasks arent that difficult after all. Or he really sucks and fucks everything up and everyone gets to laugh at Kentucky more than usual

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Priveleged cis male says 'lol, i dunno white privelege. Dont need more than that'

KY says gently caress you privelege internet man, we like our mans with explosions and nascar

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

wow op this is new and exciting

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I thought Glide Man was the Governor or KY products??

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
i bet childish gambino is going to work fark and governor of ky into a rly stupid rap lyric about how he has sex

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I actually kind of like him saying that he doesn't have "beliefs" in economic issues because it implies it's not something that's about opinions. I wish we had more people who treated government as something that's supposed to come up with solutions to problems rather than just sorta go with what popular opinion wants.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
when will we have our first nihilist president

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
would settle for an ironically fascist president

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

would settle for an ironically fascist president

well we have obama

Rexim
Jun 2, 2006

I wants flies in on a dragons, okay?
But that's the best satirical news aggregator from 2002!

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

ArbitraryC posted:

I actually kind of like him saying that he doesn't have "beliefs" in economic issues because it implies it's not something that's about opinions. I wish we had more people who treated government as something that's supposed to come up with solutions to problems rather than just sorta go with what popular opinion wants.

But, in general, that involves publicly acknowledging that the voter isn't nearly as smart as they think they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragtime Cthulhu
Dec 11, 2014
*declares a desire to separate money from governance*

*unironically refers to the citizens he would potentially govern as "customers"*

• Locked thread