Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Heath posted:

Wasn't there a toy store version for kids?

Not really a game show, but Nickelodeon had an annual "Super Toy Run" contest and that was basically the grand prize. They usually aired the winner's run from what I remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

TVs Ian posted:

Not really a game show, but Nickelodeon had an annual "Super Toy Run" contest and that was basically the grand prize. They usually aired the winner's run from what I remember.

Oh gently caress you're right they used to let some kid get 30 minutes in a toys r us to get whatever the gently caress they wanted

Best buy should reinvent that to save their business

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

The Sphinxster posted:

Dale Winton huh? That is the whitest name I have ever heard.

joke's on you he's the orangest man alive

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Though it had its funny points, there would be a round to go into the shop and find a food that would answer the question they were asked, but the questions were always for 3 year old kids.
"When I spread this on my toast, it makes my heart flutter, what am I"
And then a ham beast running around for 30 seconds

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I saw a couple of times where in the final round they just happened to run past like the last clue and see it and grab it because it was like a 6 inch circle taped to some product with a giant shopping cart printed on it.

Also I saw the host, David Ruprecht in an Amazon commercial around Christmas one year. He was singing in a men's choir about how Amazon has lots of toys.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

social vegan posted:

shout outs to my nigga tino monte and all that loving nabob

:canada:

I loved that man and his pleated pants and his tucked-in ill-fitting dress shirts

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Reminder that Janet marries him at the end of three's company lol

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

happyhippy posted:

Though it had its funny points, there would be a round to go into the shop and find a food that would answer the question they were asked, but the questions were always for 3 year old kids.
"When I spread this on my toast, it makes my heart flutter, what am I"
And then a ham beast running around for 30 seconds

This could have morphed into the best fitness show of all time

"You love to eat Doritos right? WELL GO GET A BAG AND WIN A MILLION DOLLARS!"

Whole store has no Doritos in it, just screaming fans constantly telling them where to go but its never there

Boom, 30 minutes of the most intense cardio of their lives, and if one or two die, ratings

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
just watched an episode on youtube and there was a team of a fat lady and a paramedic. guess who ran the sweep

Saintv77
Aug 5, 2008

N E 1 Remember that one show that was like supermarket sweep but for kids and it had this part where a winner kid could run anround the shope taking anything he wanted for as long as his friend could say a sngle word and the word was once SNOWMAN and the kid sad it liek SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

And I was like "I could ahve said Snowman longer" liek N E 1 member that?

Saintv77
Aug 5, 2008

OH poo poo Im fukken sorry i broke the forums I cant find the edit button im so fucken sorry my bad yall/.

Saintv77 fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jan 31, 2015

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
if the kid cant figure out to just do the S sound until their teammate is done they're kind of dumb and have puny kid lungs

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
playin supermarket sweep in here and found my prize (zoom out, scroll)
https://www.google.com/maps/@28.145807,-80.669632,3a,15y,190.27h,82.12t/data=!3m5!1e1!3m3!1sQHM3Qt93QF4AAAQfCVnP2Q!2e0!3e2?hl=en-US

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.
The earlier seasons with the giant lobster and other things that would hunt em down pac-man style were the best. I'd love to get to play that role and just take poo poo out of their buggy and all sorts of crap.

• Locked thread