Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I played this in beta and enjoyed it quite a bit. But it seems pretty hard to get back into the game. There are barely any people in ranked and private games are non existent. The player base really really died off. Even in closed beta there felt a whole lot more people playing this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007

Arzachel posted:

I heard the same complaint from a friend that I got to try this game. I think there's a ton of variety in how the heroes play even though the abilities themselves aren't that unique, but that might not shine through in bot matches. What bloodlines have you tried out?

I thought I'd tried more of them than I really have looking at the full list. So far I like most of the ranged characters, Inhibitor, Psychopomp, and Reaver. But like I said before I'm only a few hours in and just started putting Hard bots in my games which is way more fun. The first thing I started doing though is looking for abilities that did crazy poo poo and most of them seem like variations of the same swing/projectile/ground placement/movement mechanics.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

The Royal Scrub posted:

I thought I'd tried more of them than I really have looking at the full list. So far I like most of the ranged characters, Inhibitor, Psychopomp, and Reaver. But like I said before I'm only a few hours in and just started putting Hard bots in my games which is way more fun. The first thing I started doing though is looking for abilities that did crazy poo poo and most of them seem like variations of the same swing/projectile/ground placement/movement mechanics.

When I think of crazy poo poo I usually think of Ranid plays. They're really small and hyper mobile and they have a deceptively crazy powerful ultimate. For ranged classes, if you just like seeing someone get blown up, Gunner is this game's equivalent of Caitlyn/Sniper, where if you aim her execute well and protect yourself from interrupts you can gib an entire team.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Velveteen posted:

I played this in beta and enjoyed it quite a bit. But it seems pretty hard to get back into the game. There are barely any people in ranked and private games are non existent. The player base really really died off. Even in closed beta there felt a whole lot more people playing this game.

Its definitely still playable and fun. Queues usually dont take longer than a minute

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.

Minrad posted:

When I think of crazy poo poo I usually think of Ranid plays. They're really small and hyper mobile and they have a deceptively crazy powerful ultimate. For ranged classes, if you just like seeing someone get blown up, Gunner is this game's equivalent of Caitlyn/Sniper, where if you aim her execute well and protect yourself from interrupts you can gib an entire team.

I'd say Iggy is the game's main blower-upper ranged character; he has a completely hilarious burst combo in Crippling Flame -> Volcano -> Ultimate that isn't very hard to pull off but makes you look like a badass every time. He's also an utter nightmare for melee characters to deal with.

As for melees, Ranid (if you're extremely good) and Harbinger are crazy fuckers and two of the characters with the highest potential for 1v3 comebacks. Ranid, however, has the issue of having a crescent-shaped efficiency curve: he's extremely good at newbie levels of play, drops off sharply for medium-skilled players, and then rises again at the top level of play.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Oh man is all the interest dying?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

I would like to play the game again, but the form in the OP told me to contact Funcom support, and Funcom support referred me back to the form. :suicide:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
It's a moba what do you expect?

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I would like to play the game again, but the form in the OP told me to contact Funcom support, and Funcom support referred me back to the form. :suicide:

Did you try this form?

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1PR-ivzywRKUU9_-nV_IWmTJkq8mrq0Qsj-1m5ztSWQY/viewform

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Yes, that's the one I was talking about. The "I have not gotten a key" option just tells you to contact Funcom.

I eventually just filed a ticket under "other," but I haven't heard back from them yet.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah if you don't have a key Funcom is the one you're supposed to talk to since they have all the transfer keys for each account. Might want to try them again and word it differently or hope you get a different person or something.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

koolkal posted:

Yeah if you don't have a key Funcom is the one you're supposed to talk to since they have all the transfer keys for each account. Might want to try them again and word it differently or hope you get a different person or something.

I already got a response from two different people telling me the same thing, I kinda suspect it's policy at this point.

I might try again after Stunlock gets back to me I guess.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Been trying to figure out the game again, it was a ton of fun, but uh, medallions? Gems? Stats? So I guess they took the "It's a game where everyone's on an equal playing field" philosophy, burned it, and used the ashes to grow a small money plant. Do the stats matter? Can I just ignore them? I'd like to just ignore them.

Username's Eatingburger, if anyone wants to practice or form a terrible team.

crime weed fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Feb 11, 2015

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
All the stat crap makes a ~10% difference, so you can safely ignore it until you have a spare 17k coins to blow. The previous page has posts detailing what to get.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I hope the devs hear the feedback the game's been getting since that crap was introduced and remove stats and traits. I'm good with medallions sticking around, they add to the game, but stats are just a barrier to entry for new players and are almost universally hated by everyone.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

I think there's a US 3v3 tourney starting in about an hour (I'm assuming tournament times are based on the server time), anyone interested in getting in? There's prizes down to 128 places which shouldn't be too hard considering how many people are actually playing right now. I'm online as koolkal in channel "cute". Just a warning, I'm still pretty bad!

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I'd be playing but I keep forgetting to talk to funcoms live support for my old account.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Kjoery posted:

Been trying to figure out the game again, it was a ton of fun, but uh, medallions? Gems? Stats? So I guess they took the "It's a game where everyone's on an equal playing field" philosophy, burned it, and used the ashes to grow a small money plant. Do the stats matter? Can I just ignore them? I'd like to just ignore them.

Username's Eatingburger, if anyone wants to practice or form a terrible team.

I played for one day and got everything to max

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I can't play Metal Warden at all, any advice? I just feel completely unhelpful with her.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Anatharon posted:

I can't play Metal Warden at all, any advice? I just feel completely unhelpful with her.

She's all about keeping people mid range and punishing people at close range. Her ability to peel for her team and general disruption potential are some of the best in the game. Her E is the focus of a lot of her combo potential. Her best burst damage combo is E->(Q+LMB) OR (Space into them to push them out of the E's radius)->Charged up RMB. Also use E to keep champions zoned at range for a couple seconds. If a teammate is getting focused at melee range, lay down your E and Space into whoever is attacking them to stun them and allow you and your teammate to reposition.

Her EX2, the heal beam, is terrible. Save your EX for your leap, which is a fantastic repositioning tool, or your ult, which is best used for comboing with other champions' burst abilities.

There are 2 major things I see Metal Wardens doing wrong:
1) Use your LMB! This is your main source of damage. Use your abilities to control the field, not for the damage. That's what your LMB is for.
2) You don't always have to max charge your RMB. A guaranteed hit at half charge is better than missing a full charge because you waited too long and the enemy's stun wore off. Sometimes getting off the instant silence is worth it, too, depending on the situation.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

What time do Bloodlines change over each day? Having fun getting back into this game, just want to try more Bloodlines out before I claim any more with my rewards.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Cervixalot posted:

What time do Bloodlines change over each day? Having fun getting back into this game, just want to try more Bloodlines out before I claim any more with my rewards.

Every bloodline is available when playing against bots (single player).

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Come on and jam

Cometchaser
Oct 20, 2008

Being dead's not so bad
Anyone have any tips for surviving as Dryad? The lack of hard escapes makes it really tough when all 3 of the enemy team decide to focus you. As an escape, her R is mediocre at best, and her E is practically impossible to use if more than 1 person is beating on you.

I never seemed to have as much trouble on Alchemist, and she doesn't have any hard escapes either.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Your shield is incredible and her left click makes it hard for melees to keep up. I actually have the least trouble getting mobbed with her.

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

Hey I'm playing this game again and it's great. AND it just got a balance patch - the first in a series, so maybe there'll be some support from the devs again. I'm grade ~10 and I can find matches pretty regularly, so I feel like a lot of people are coming back to the game. Is anyone else still playing this game? Hit me up on steam, my name is burger time. Would love to have some people to queue with.

lonter
Oct 12, 2012
So I had an account since closed beta, haven't played in years though. How do I connect my old account to Steam? I can't find any emails from Bloodline Champions since like 2011.. When was the mail with Account Connection Key sent out to you guys?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

lonter posted:

So I had an account since closed beta, haven't played in years though. How do I connect my old account to Steam? I can't find any emails from Bloodline Champions since like 2011.. When was the mail with Account Connection Key sent out to you guys?

Back in February, I think. You can try contacting support, but I was in the same boat and couldn't get any help with it from either company.

lonter
Oct 12, 2012

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Back in February, I think. You can try contacting support, but I was in the same boat and couldn't get any help with it from either company.

That sucks... But did you spend money on your old profile? Maybe that's got something to do with how long they keep an inactive account.

I can still find my old profile in the player search ingame...

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Email them. I did and got my account quickly.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

lonter posted:

That sucks... But did you spend money on your old profile? Maybe that's got something to do with how long they keep an inactive account.

I can still find my old profile in the player search ingame...

I did, actually.

I ended up just buying the game again because the last time was years ago and I don't mind supporting Stunlock, but as far as I can tell the switchover was kind of a clusterfuck.

Snicker-Snack
Jul 2, 2010
Can someone write some words about the Stalker? I know she can deal huge damage by combining the m2 and space damage buffs but that leaves me with no escape unless I have energy, Is it still part of my basic gameplan or should I mostly save space for getting out? And what about medallions? I'm seeing people using meteor/frost shard/backstab for her, so I assume that's good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I am absolutely terrible with him but dang if it isn't awesome to wipe out the entire team with a well placed ultimate scythe as Headhunter. :allears:

• Locked thread