Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Patriots won the Super Bowl?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 386 56.02%
Boo! 303 43.98%
Total: 689 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

waah posted:

We know Haslem had money problems
???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
Springtime for Haslem

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Ribsauce posted:

drat, that is brutal

To be fair to the new GM, apparently he wanted Bridgewater too and got overruled, so Haslem would have poo poo it up regardless..

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
http://www.forbes.com/profile/jimmy-haslam/

quote:

Real Time Net Worth
$2.8 Billion

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2014/11/15/companies-accuse-haslam-of-directing-pilot-fraud/19106745/

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Lawsuits and federal investigations aren't the same thing as money problems, though.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

waah posted:

We know Haslem had money problems, are we sure he isnt purposely sabotaging the Browns in some cartoonishly terrible way in order to pay off some debts?

He's planning on moving the team to Miami if attendance gets low enough.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

wheez the roux posted:

i present to you your 2015 Mosul Raiders

-"It is 3&7 for the Raqqa Chiefs and they have a terrible field position and running out of time"-
-"Allah Akbar,Mike, may Allah the merciful spills unending blessings upon you.The Mosul Raiders have done a phenomenal job keeping this defence intact in face of the continuous air strikes by the USAF, may victory turn into ashes into their mouths"-
-"Allah akbar Chris,ball is snapped, quarterback drops back......and it's running for his life like a Kurd,uffff what a hit!!"
-"Mike, the caliph, may the wombs of the brides of his enemies shrivel and die, may their wounds suppurate, may their children renounce them, cannot be happy with the level of perfomance of that oline"
-"And now we need a medical timeout for the qb who's still reeling for that hit"

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Mike going back a couple weeks ago to the All-21 tape, now that was just perfect execution down the line

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
They just lit the opposing defense on fire. I mean, they really lost their heads out there.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
February is over!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3703784

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

MonsterWalk posted:

They just lit the opposing defense on fire. I mean, they really lost their heads out there.

They really executed, Mike.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Lamadrid posted:

-"It is 3&7 for the Raqqa Chiefs and they have a terrible field position and running out of time"-
-"Allah Akbar,Mike, may Allah the merciful spills unending blessings upon you.The Mosul Raiders have done a phenomenal job keeping this defence intact in face of the continuous air strikes by the USAF, may victory turn into ashes into their mouths"-
-"Allah akbar Chris,ball is snapped, quarterback drops back......and it's running for his life like a Kurd,uffff what a hit!!"
-"Mike, the caliph, may the wombs of the brides of his enemies shrivel and die, may their wounds suppurate, may their children renounce them, cannot be happy with the level of perfomance of that oline"
-"And now we need a medical timeout for the qb who's still reeling for that hit"

I'm gonna have to make teams for a theoretical Liga de Fútbol Estadounidense now

vamos los boquerones de málaga joé

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Isn't buying an NFL franchise make it pretty much impossible to lose money? Same with MLB. I know NHL and NBA are less sound footing.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I'm relatively new to following American Football (and of course I follow the Lions because I hate myself). Based on the ESPN notification I just got, we're losing Suh, right? This is probably a bad thing based on what I understand about our defense.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Perhaps this ugly Gannett newspapers column will inform you: http://www.freep.com/story/sports/columnists/drew-sharp/2015/03/02/ndamukong-suh-drew-sharp/24240493/ It's a bad thing for the Lions, but spending that much on a single player would be worse

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

football fuckerman posted:

Perhaps this ugly Gannett newspapers column will inform you: http://www.freep.com/story/sports/columnists/drew-sharp/2015/03/02/ndamukong-suh-drew-sharp/24240493/ It's a bad thing for the Lions, but spending that much on a single player would be worse

Hey, that actually makes sense. Thanks!

I seem to be moving from one bad football team to another, too, since I may be moving to Tampa Bay :smith:

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Lamadrid posted:

I would pay extra for the radio feed with Religious Zealot Color Commentator.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

football fuckerman posted:

Gadzooks, please don't ever cite Drew Sharp for anything. He is the worst. :barf:

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
eh I don't know who he is but you can at least understand the situation from that, even if you don't agree with his argument. Suh would def. cost a ton, and the word is the Lions aren't willing to do the franchise tag

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

What's this about there being "Gold" weeks next season for historic Super Bowl rematches?

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
It would be pretty funny to see a team have two players with each having a 20+ million cap hit who don't play quarterback.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

What's this about there being "Gold" weeks next season for historic Super Bowl rematches?

I think they are repainting some of the lines or whatever gold for certain games to celebrate the 50 year history of the SB.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Mar 2, 2015

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

They're trying to setup weeks next year where as many games as possible are Superbowl Rematches.

Also rumblings that the TNF Kickoff game will be Eagles @ Patriots.

So Bills - Cowboys, Dolphins - Washington, Jets - Colts could all be week 1 games.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

:mad:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Taking a glance at the schedules for teams, these are the SB rematches this year

Bills-Cowboys
Bills-Giants
Bills-Redskins
Dolphins-Redskins
Dolphins-Cowboys
Pats-Giants
Jets-Colts
Ravens-49ers
Bengals-49ers
Steelers-Cardinals
Steelers-Rams
Colts-Saints