Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."
Want to pull a few resources before I give u a full answer and I am in bed being lazy and can't access docs on my kindle.. But question (for purposes of how much pain you can cause to get people to not be assholes) is your kid a racial minority? Also base legal is loving useless.

Btw, can we push this to the GiP legal thread so others have it as a resource if it happens to them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

ActusRhesus posted:

Want to pull a few resources before I give u a full answer and I am in bed being lazy and can't access docs on my kindle.. But question (for purposes of how much pain you can cause to get people to not be assholes) is your kid a racial minority? Also base legal is loving useless.

Btw, can we push this to the GiP legal thread so others have it as a resource if it happens to them?

I didn't know we had a GiP legal thread! But yes, we can.

My kid is pretty white looking, but actually 1/2 hispanic (Dad is Puerto Rican, Brazilian and Costa Rican. I'm WHITE.) Around here, non-Asian is a minority, but hispanic moreso.

Oh: And the kid wasn't being racist at him, but his friends.

poopkitty fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Feb 28, 2015

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

poopkitty posted:

I didn't know we had a GiP legal thread! But yes, we can.

My kid is pretty white looking, but actually 1/2 hispanic (Dad is Puerto Rican, Brazilian and Costa Rican. I'm WHITE.) Around here, non-Asian is a minority, but hispanic moreso.

Oh: And the kid wasn't being racist at him, but his friends.

Well he sounds pretty screwed. Can't go around starting fights because you don't like what others say, especially if it doesn't apply to you.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Arione posted:

Well he sounds pretty screwed. Can't go around starting fights because you don't like what others say, especially if it doesn't apply to you.

He didn't start it, he just finished it. Kid hit him first.

And screwed how?

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

poopkitty posted:

He didn't start it, he just finished it. Kid hit him first.

And screwed how?

most school districts 10 days OSS gets you 10 unexcused absences, and you fail for the semester. as far as any other repercussions, you absolutely need a lawyer.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Pandasmores posted:

Frat, but our CO and the base CO counted it as rape since she was super drunk even though they had started before they had been drinking. People just kept jumping in and some people went to Mast simply because they didn't stop it. Oh hotel parties. I think she was engaged too and her husband to be was a reservist off in bumfuck wherever the hell she was from.

Has anyone bought the fiance a forums membership yet?

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Arione posted:

most school districts 10 days OSS gets you 10 unexcused absences, and you fail for the semester. as far as any other repercussions, you absolutely need a lawyer.

LOL. Overseas the schools are "run" by the feds and the rules don't apply. I would love a lawyer but literally cannot get one because the only lawyers available to me will not represent us.

E: jurisdiction and military poo poo and all that.

poopkitty fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Feb 28, 2015

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
When I think of an 8th grader shouting "friend of the family!" it's in the setting of something like call of duty voice chat. Probably doing it just to be a little poo poo, not so much because he hates black people. I'm also reminded of crazy Muslims who shoot up newspapers because they didn't like what some cartoonist is saying. My dilemma is I'm glad the little poo poo got punched in the face, but I definitely don't think you should shoot up newspapers ever.

Reading that paragraph back I'm not sure the connection I'm drawing is relevant. gently caress it, I just woke up anyways, post it!

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Sir Lucius posted:

When I think of an 8th grader shouting "friend of the family!" it's in the setting of something like call of duty voice chat. Probably doing it just to be a little poo poo, not so much because he hates black people. I'm also reminded of crazy Muslims who shoot up newspapers because they didn't like what some cartoonist is saying. My dilemma is I'm glad the little poo poo got punched in the face, but I definitely don't think you should shoot up newspapers ever.

Reading that paragraph back I'm not sure the connection I'm drawing is relevant. gently caress it, I just woke up anyways, post it!

Yeah, I don't think he hates black people, he just seems socially awkward. He doesn't yell it, he just says things like "What's up, mah niggas?" and elbows people, jumps on kid's backs "for fun," etc. My kid is in the "jock" crowd, and most of his friends are bigger. He's 5'10" and about average for the group. This kids just a weird kid, but after you tell someone, "hey, don't talk like that, it isn't cool" so many times . . . Everyone's seen YouTube videos of the big kid losing it; schools still don't get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."
Schools create environments that empower bullies/shits/fuckups. The shifty kid doesn't care about suspensions. The good kid who would stand up to the shifty kid does. So now there is a disincentive for good kids to stand up to bullies and God knows most teacher's don't do shot about it.

• Locked thread