Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
RIP Dragon Empires, your weather effects will never be forgotten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

This is really interesting:

However, that didn’t stop Storybricks making one last audacious move. Having teamed up with an investment bank, the 10-person startup actually tried to buy Sony Online, in order to see through their work on EverQuest Next and turn the company around.

“Alas, it was not meant to be as the terms offered by Sony Japan were unacceptable to us and to our investors. It is my understanding that other buyers had the same reaction and, in the end, Columbus Nova got a completely different deal that the one we were offered, but by then our investor group had moved on,” write Rosini and Bura.

http://techcrunch.com/2015/03/08/game-over/

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
neat the story from the last page is on this page

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hahah holy gently caress

I think Sony is literally held together by duct tape, a wish, and a prayer

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Still can't believe that part of their plan for saving Sony was stealing Project: Copernicus stuff lmao

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I bought that $100 Landmark thing when it was first announced then after it was released Smed Tweeted that anyone unhappy could get a full refund so I took him up on that offer and got all my money back. Feel like I won the final level of SOE with that one.

Last Transmission
Aug 10, 2011

BadLlama posted:

I bought that $100 Landmark thing when it was first announced then after it was released Smed Tweeted that anyone unhappy could get a full refund so I took him up on that offer and got all my money back. Feel like I won the final level of SOE with that one.

The only winning move is not to play.

But seriously, I've spent a total of 30€ on Planetside 2 and I'm perfectly happy with what I'm getting out of it. Just don't expect me to invest more money into a SOE Daybreak title anytime soon.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

I've spent 30€ on PS2 and played for less than 3 hours.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I'm not even going to try to guess how much I've spent on SOE but recently I did buy the $60 Landmark Pack, bought into H1Z1, and spent $40 on Smedbucks over Thanksgiving during the 3x promo.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I've spent nothing on SOE :smug:

Let's not talk about Nexon though...

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The last Nexon game I played was Shattered Galaxy like 15 years ago. At the time I thought it was cool as hell but now looking back it was probably absolute garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

BadLlama posted:

The last Nexon game I played was Shattered Galaxy like 15 years ago. At the time I thought it was cool as hell but now looking back it was probably absolute garbage.

Holy poo poo, same here. I thought it was cool with the obvious starcraft aesthetic, but grinding and never competing with vets/subscribers sucked.

• Locked thread