Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gizmoduck_5000
Oct 6, 2013

Your superior intellect is no match for our primitive weapons!

Slimnoid posted:

Christ, no. Polanski's a piece of poo poo. I can't enjoy anything he's done specifically because of him being a gross-rear end rapist.

I can. Chinatown, Frantic and Rosemary's Baby are great films. But yes, he's a gross-rear end rapist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.

quote:

The most absolutely concise and streamlined system is probably D&D 3.5

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

:stare:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

someone just cast Power Word: Eye Pop on all of you

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

The Real Foogla posted:

someone just cast Power Word: :psypop: on all of you

D&D really does cause grognative dissonance.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Literally The Worst posted:

grandpa simpsons turns around dot gif

They put the flower dick on the cover of the rpg book

FROOOOOOOOG
Jan 28, 2009

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Nuns with Guns posted:

They put the flower dick on the cover of the rpg book

Yeah, Wraeththu is pretty bad.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

Ratoslov posted:

Yeah, Wraeththu is pretty bad.
I hope no one has ever read that million word webpage. If youre going to read that many words just read the original books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Hello, goons!

grognards.txt has had a good run, but I don't think it's the thread SA needs right now. I'd like to encourage more creative and interesting posts on TG, and grognards.txt isn't really cutting it.

So, it's time to thank grognards.txt for its distinguished service and let it retire for now. Here's some things you can try instead.

The Industry Thread

The industry thread can handle talking about anything notable enough to be an industry event. That can be company drama, or it can be established devs running scam Kickstarters or saying lovely things about women. This doesn't mean posting what some blogger said (so no RPGPundit), reposting all of a lovely dude's worst hits every time they come up, or vague white noise about how you remember that time a guy was a dick. Basically, if you turn the industry thread into grognards.txt lite I am going to close it.

FATAL & Friends

If it's about a book, or a funny post related to a book, try the funny book review thread.

Making New Threads

If you have something that doesn't fit in another thread but could still be worth talking about, go ahead and make a new thread for it and see what happens. Make them content threads instead of mock threads. (I'd close a Kicksnarker thread but probably not a thread about the do's and don'ts of making a tabletop KS, especially if it's about goons who have run them sharing their experiences.)

See you around, you groggy goons. :frogbon:

• Locked thread