Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
If you play Diamond Dynasty SDS gave everybody two free promo packs to make up for how wonky the market has been lately. I pulled a Josh Donaldson and a Brandon Crawford.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Beast mode in video games too!

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
I mostly play franchise (but I've started to branch out in DD lately) and noticed a stupid buggy thing with the new legendary players. If you select to play with the legends when you create a franchise it dumps them all on the free market. Of course I traded away a bunch of high salary players for prospects to get as many legends on my team as my budget could fit - by the end of the year I had 6 legends on my team. Here's the lovely part - during the off season 4 of them retired for "poor free agent market" even when they were all signed to long term deals. Of course no other teams bothered to try to sign any of the other guys on the market so after one season literally all of the legends just ended up retiring, minus 2, for "poor free agent market." What the gently caress is the point of the legendary players if they all just end up retiring immediately?

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Is the PS3 version worth getting?

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
I just had a Diamond Dynasty game that had a very bizarre ending.

Top of the 11th, my opponent has runners on 1st and 2nd, and he weakly fouls off a cutter. No big deal, right? Wrong! I try to touch the ball in foul territory with my catcher, but the game won't let me. The ball then rolls fair, and sits there, my catcher running over the ball repeatedly. Eventually the ball boy comes out and scoops the ball up and runs off. At this time my opponent realizes poo poo is hosed and runs around the bases for a 3 run inside the park home-run. I lose in the bottom half.

loving bizarre.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Known bug. Happened to me a few times.

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

skooma512 posted:

Is the PS3 version worth getting?

It had a glitch in Franchise mode that made the game freeze everytime you got a message after a game. I don't know if it ever got fixed because I gave up after a month or so, and I couldn't find anything online about it because I might be the only person who bought the PS3 version.

Other than that, everything was great.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Show 16 info is starting to come out. Maybe I'll make a new thread, but the only real improvement you need to know about is that the Jose Bautista playoff bat flip IS IN THE GAME. Confirmed by the devs during a live stream.

Game is out March 29th.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

the Jose Bautista playoff bat flip IS IN THE GAME

goty 2016

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Shibe Park, Sportsman Park, Forbes Field, Crosley Field, Polo Grounds & Griffith Stadium

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Talk about MLB The Show 16 here:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3764003

• Locked thread