Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Haha yeah we shouldnt kill criminals or attempt to prevent theft thru murder... why dont you gently caress of you liberal shitstain

I didnt say any of that yet i unironically agree. Guess not openly hoping people steal my stuff so i can feel justified in shooting at them makes me a shitstain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
My dad still looks up trunk monkey videos, albeit once in a blue moon recently. Maybe they stopped making them.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

thathonkey posted:

I didnt say any of that yet i unironically agree. Guess not openly hoping people steal my stuff so i can feel justified in shooting at them makes me a shitstain.

i have a dream and the dream is you trespass on my property so i can blow your lungs out of your back with a shotgun

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

i find that car alarms are only installed on really lovely cars that would be more of a burden than an asset once stolen. usually theyre the ultra sensitive type that go off when a motorcycle drives by or rain drops land on the car.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Use goat scream for car alarm:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlYlNF30bVg

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Horniest Manticore posted:

it doesn't deter theft at all and only serves to annoy the poo poo out of everyone in earshot. i think we've found something truly indefensible here

If you wouldn't keep stealing the change out of my ashtray, OP, I wouldn't need the car alarm.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

the biggest mystery is when someone breaks into a crappy car.

My friend had this ancient hideous 1980s era volvo but still got broken into by the local crackheads in DC.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

etalian posted:

the biggest mystery is when someone breaks into a crappy car.

My friend had this ancient hideous 1980s era volvo but still got broken into by the local crackheads in DC.

I had someone break my window and steal a mix CD and a dollar-something in change from my old 1984 Dodge Caravan with 210,000 miles on it.

BONUS: It was in a hospital parking lot when I was visiting my mother after her surgery that day.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I had a new (at the time) celica and some dumbass broke in to steal the factory stereo. Totally hosed the dash, the ac, tons of electronic controls, etc. caused 4k of damage and he didn't get the stero out lol. Finger/Palm prints were all over visibly on the windows, dash, etc. cop shrugged and said "nah we got better things to do".

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Darth123123 posted:

I had a new (at the time) celica and some dumbass broke in to steal the factory stereo. Totally hosed the dash, the ac, tons of electronic controls, etc. caused 4k of damage and he didn't get the stero out lol. Finger/Palm prints were all over visibly on the windows, dash, etc. cop shrugged and said "nah we got better things to do".

Every car I've put an aftermarket stereo in has had that poo poo stolen within two years of installing it. Meanwhile my factory stereos never get touched (because they aren't worth poo poo).

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW
itt goons not understanding that the whole point of a car alarm is so that potential car thieves will see it and move on to case some other car. A little blinking red LED or a window sticker works just as well though, so car alarms are p dumb unless combined with a dead switch of some sort.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

HEY VAPER posted:

itt goons not understanding that the whole point of a car alarm is so that potential car thieves will see it and move on to case some other car. A little blinking red LED or a window sticker works just as well though, so car alarms are p dumb unless combined with a dead switch of some sort.

I had just that. Toyotas just made a flsher on the dash. Even a dumb rear end can figure that out.

He saw that Bose logo and couldn't resist. But it had brackets into some type of titanium kryptonite I guess. :shrug:

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

Darth123123 posted:

I had just that. Toyotas just made a flsher on the dash. Even a dumb rear end can figure that out.

He saw that Bose logo and couldn't resist. But it had brackets into some type of titanium kryptonite I guess. :shrug:

its hard to remove a car stereo when you're high on meth and can't stop thinking about picking hair follicles out of your balls

Cheech Marinade
Apr 17, 2002
The best alarms are silent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7EaJYXpz7Q

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i have a dream and the dream is you trespass on my property so i can blow your lungs out of your back with a shotgun

seek help bro

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
If someone carjacks one of Google's self driving cars, will it just call the police and drive to the station?

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XgYMRTit-M

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

HEY VAPER posted:

right, so people who actually use car alarms are just assholes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
of course, car alarms made this possible, so there is a little silver lining to them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YDUi0PashY

• Locked thread