Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Went out to buy a hammer, I don't need a $30 hammer for what I do around the house, I bought a cheap $4 hammer and it'll probably last me at least 15 years. Sometimes you dont have to buy the best stuff unless youre a contractor and you need it. Theres just so many easy ways to save money, post life hacks like that here and lets get our lives more efficient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
buy an estwing hammer you dumb piece of poo poo gently caress

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
dat feel when you swing a quality hammer though...

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
I'm Hammer.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

you loving sicken me. You have to get a one piece solid steel hammer with a rubber grip. Get an estwing hammer and take your nonsense out of here I am very serious about hammers and you're bugging the poo poo out of me

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

the head's going to fall off after a few uses and you are going to feel like an idiot and then you might buy a decent tool

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
That hammer is fine for doing stuff around the house and a little framing here and there, I don't need an expensive hammer.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

search for butt posted:

That hammer is fine for doing stuff around the house and a little framing here and there, I don't need an expensive hammer.

do you own your own home

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

moose face posted:

you loving sicken me. You have to get a one piece solid steel hammer with a rubber grip. Get an estwing hammer and take your nonsense out of here I am very serious about hammers and you're bugging the poo poo out of me

would you say the superiority of estwing hammers are untouchable?

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

moose face posted:

do you own your own home

Yeah, I lost my other hammer

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

chaosbreather posted:

would you say the superiority of estwing hammers are untouchable?

not untouchable no. plumb makes makes a decent hammer but estwings are my go to for a claw hammer

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

search for butt posted:

spend 35 dollars on a hammer or you'll spend 100 dollars on a bunch of hammers throughout the next 15 years. Also, have some pride man

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

so when its hammer time, can't touch this

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

search for butt posted:

well you got a new one so the old one should turn up any minute now! haha I tell you what being a dad is an adventure!

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

moose face posted:

spend 35 dollars on a hammer or you'll spend 100 dollars on a bunch of hammers throughout the next 15 years. Also, have some pride man

I'm proud of the money I saved not wasting it on an expensive hammer

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

chaosbreather posted:

so when its hammer time, can't touch this

pretty much

made in the USA

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

search for butt posted:

Perhaps spending a princely sum as $20 on a decent tool would teach you a lesson about being such a careless fool?

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Did I end up in FYAD? Whats with all the flames?

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

search for butt posted:

you're being intentionally obtuse about buying a decent hammer like a real man and you've triggered me

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

um you kinda invited it with such a bad opinion and rude responses, I'm sorry if I actually offended you

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

moose face posted:

pretty much

made in the USA

fuckin hot

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Beige
Sep 13, 2004
i dont own a hammer so i tend to just lean the object against what it needs to be attached to

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
I saved $24 and my hammer will last me just as long as yours will last you, and I'm obtuse?

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

search for butt posted:

umm some like it hot?

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

search for butt posted:

I saved $24 and my hammer will last me just as long as yours will last you, and I'm obtuse?
As long as you don't lose it again, haha human being.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

the 20 oz is a good choice for general carpentry, if you're going to be doing a lot of framing i'd go with something a little heavier but estwing makes a variety of heads and claws and they have a perfect hammer for every task.

I do not work for estwing but I love to use quality domestic products

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Nah, it's the Estwing Weight Forward model that's the true triumph of design:

Beige
Sep 13, 2004
"my god. it's full of dads" - me, when i read this incredibly phallic thread

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Great for framing but not joining or finishing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
i have a variety of hammers but the one i use most is by cobalt.....i like the extra length, gives a good swing

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

i want this

• Locked thread