Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ideal Jeff Jarrett Challenger?
Alberto El Patron
AJ Styles
Bobby Lashley
Tyler Black (Final Battle is after his non-compete is up)
View Results

• Locked thread
EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Not bringing in Colt Cabana to feud over making them into his Cabana Boys is a missed opportunity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

When did Delirious and Daizee stop being a thing?

Depending who you ask they either are and aren't. It is super tedious. Both have always been really low key and private so it is hard either way. They aren't exactly all over Instagram.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

EugeneJ posted:

IIRC Prazak was told to put over Hayze's appearance after the photos of her looking anorexic went viral, and he did it really sarcastically and got canned

So a thread I started on The Board may have indirectly led to a man being fired? That's something.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

dsriggs posted:

So a thread I started on The Board may have indirectly led to a man being fired? That's something.

It wasn't just you, I remember there was a long thread on ChikaraFans with people begging Quack to take her off shows until she got her poo poo together

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

EugeneJ posted:

Not bringing in Colt Cabana to feud over making them into his Cabana Boys is a missed opportunity

There is no reason ever to bring in Colt Cabana

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Watching this week's episode it occurs to me just how much better I find ROH's camera work/producing than WWE. I especially like the interactions such as the Bucks superkicking the camera, reDRagon punching the camera, or the Bucks kicking a "basketball" into the crowd and the camera following it.

I'm sure it's easier for them since all their TV is taped, but it's refreshing not to have constant zooming every time someone gets hit.

Good episode too though, Lio Rush vs. Jason Kincaid was very good and Bucks vs. ACH and Sydal was good as well. The Elite vs. Kushida, ACH, and Sydal should be great at 14th Anniversary.

MagicCube fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Feb 15, 2016

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I've seen jason kincaid on and off over the years and he's been better every single time. How much time do you think he spent personally inventing every move in his arsenal

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think we are due a new thread/op

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

at least change the thread title to Bump this thread whenever Steve Corino ducks BJ Whitmer

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Yeah I'll just make a new thread. I guess a new indie thread too.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
There's been a lot of talk this week about ROH TV likely expanding to two hours when they move to the rebranded Tennis Channel. If that happens Delirious will have to become a lot more organised. The last TV taping in Nashville dragged on and on to the frustration of a lot of the talent. As I said in the past Delirious's job is probably safe but the case for his removal or change is developing.

rovert fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Feb 19, 2016

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

rovert posted:

There's been a lot of talk this week about ROH TV likely expanding to two hours when they move to the rebranded Tennis Channel. If that happens Delirious will have to become a lot more organised. The last TV taping in Nashville dragged on and on to the frustration of a lot the talent. As I said in the past Delirious's job is probably safe but the case for his removal or change is developing.

If Delirious stops booking, what happens to the NJPW deal?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

If Delirious stops booking, what happens to the NJPW deal?

Not a clue.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Spoiler (don't know if it'll be shown on TV at a later point):

Roddy lost the TV title to Tomohiro Ishii

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

There's been a lot of talk this week about ROH TV likely expanding to two hours when they move to the rebranded Tennis Channel. If that happens Delirious will have to become a lot more organised. The last TV taping in Nashville dragged on and on to the frustration of a lot of the talent. As I said in the past Delirious's job is probably safe but the case for his removal or change is developing.

Is it really on the booker to schedule four episodes to be taped at one time?

Having been to a couple ROH TV tapings, I'd hesitate to say it's necessarily his problem. They shoot live to tape so they can save on editing costs, which is the major issue. There's so much loving dead time during these tapings that they could easily remove if they just bothered to edit the drat thing.

I'm not trying to say Delirious isn't somewhat to blame (especially the last one with all of those women's matches adding pointless time) but I'd guess he's getting orders on high to cram as many episodes into one night as possible to reduce costs and if that's the case, I fail to see how there's any level of organization that could get around that.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
What if...What if Ring of Honor goes....THREE HOURS?!

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Every show starts with a 20 minute promo by Truth Martini

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
One hour is a great length for a weekly wrestling show, I hope ROH doesn't go to 2

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
What do you guys think of ROH TV? A lot of main events have no real stated reasoning for happening, there's a level assumed knowledge about the wrestlers that may turn off casual fans etc. Two hours could help if they added more interviews or hype videos. Or do you think the commentary does a good enough job covering for that stuff?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

What do you guys think of ROH TV? A lot of main events have no real stated reasoning for happening, there's a level assumed knowledge about the wrestlers that may turn off casual fans etc. Two hours could help if they added more interviews or hype videos. Or do you think the commentary does a good enough job covering for that stuff?

I don't think everything need to be constantly spelled out. They do a good job IMO of providing context for what needs contest. Not every main event needs a reason. Sometimes it's just nice to have good matches. I don't need constant storylines to be entertained.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Moving to two hours would kill most of my interest in the show

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

My gut says ROH would be better served getting two different one hour shows than one two hour one, but I imagine there are lots of reasons that'd also be a terrible idea, while all I think about is 'One hour wrestling TV shows are nice, and I'd rather have more of them than fewer'.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
So, when is Ishii going to drop the ROH TV title? At one of the NJPW/ROH shows or to Elgin in Japan?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

So, when is Ishii going to drop the ROH TV title? At one of the NJPW/ROH shows or to Elgin in Japan?

I'm guessing the day after the Anniversary show at the TV taping

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Goto been saying he wants to spend more time overseas

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Ever wonder what Truth actually used for his book? Thanks to Naito we now know.

http://www.amazon.com/Book-Inside-Information-Bottom-Line/dp/088723044X

Super No Vacancy posted:

Goto been saying he wants to spend more time overseas

The NJPW roster is scary thin as is, can they really afford to lose an upper midcard guy right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I think 2 hours would be fine if they used 1 hour as a 'pre-show' type with younger guys having a couple of matches and some promos for the 'main hour'

Of course, that might get immediately shut down as an idea by a tv network that doesn't want hour 1 to be easily ignored by fans

• Locked thread