Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Oahu, you can go to the tourist places that tourist go. Pearl Harbor is pretty neat. Check out the battleship and the submarine. There is a old military battery station that is converted into a museum near the Waikiki. If you want to know about the different island people in the pacific you can visit the mormon run Polynesian cultural center that is on the north part of the island near Laie. Also if you are obsessed with the orient and the Japanese. Right by that huge mall near the airport is a big rear end building called "Farmers Market" it's a trap since its a asian grocery store filled with Japanese people and their wares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Gay Hitler posted:

enjoy your poo poo internet island fucker

Actually, because of Oahu's tiny size, a bunch of us have fiber and it's reasonably rockin'. Every thing else about this place is pretty terrible though.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

hawaii is kawaii

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
Real answer: not a goddamn thing, except the weather's better than whatever poo poo place you live

Disconnecticus
Oct 21, 2012

Wait, like, actual money?
On the big island - definitely go to the volcano national park. If watching lava steam when it hits the ocean and walking around with sulfurous smoke wafting out of the ground on a huge crater doesn't seem awesome then we have nothing to say to one another.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
while you're on oahu go to waianae and act really white

serious answer go to international marketplace and buy bong fo yo faddah, there will be no shortage of people trying to get you to do so

while you're on big island, go to hilo and get crunk in the middle of a public park at night, that's about the most interesting thing you can do on that island. well i guess there's tourist poo poo but i don't know about any of that

chaosbreather posted:

- how cheap is lego there because i like lego
it'll be five dollars more expensive than the most expensive you've ever seen it on the mainland because that's how loving everything is here

quote:

- good beaches to get drunk on / are there any cool beach bonfires you can chill at like a beer commercial or are they illegal
anything that doesn't have a hotel behind it, because hotel staff will call the cops on your rear end for public intoxication. maybe they only do that to brown people though. that leaves nice local beaches, which means you probably won't be welcome there because of locals, and nasty hippie beaches, which means you probably don't want to go there because there will be burnout grandmas everywhere tryna swing their senior citizen baby boomer titties at you. there's also bellows air force base and beach park but lol if you go to bellows if it isn't absolutely necessary/literally required of you to do so

kazr posted:

the locals will hate you

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Feb 12, 2015

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
On maui, specifically lahaina, there's literally a rainbow every day. Sometimes theres even a double rainbow. Thats whats cool in hawaii

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Sizone posted:

Actually, because of Oahu's tiny size, a bunch of us have fiber and it's reasonably rockin'. Every thing else about this place is pretty terrible though.

oh geez sorry about your literal paradise sucking i guess

seriouspost though hawaii's gonna be hit hard by rising oceans. enjoy the beaches while it still has them

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
i don't understand why the locals hate tourists, considering that tourism is the only reason that entire place has any money. i would say "begrudgingly accept" would be appropriate, but not "hate".

Disconnecticus
Oct 21, 2012

Wait, like, actual money?

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

i don't understand why the locals hate tourists, considering that tourism is the only reason that entire place has any money. i would say "begrudgingly accept" would be appropriate, but not "hate".

The real Hawaiians just want whitey to gently caress off.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

i don't understand why the locals hate tourists, considering that tourism is the only reason that entire place has any money.

because it really, really shouldn't be the only reason we have any money but the industry has such a vicegrip on the state that it's impossible to change it no matter how you shape it up. also the whole thing where they're selling a disgusting racist caricature of hawaiian culture and millions of people come around here all the time expecting us to shuck and jive for them and we're like "motherfucker i'm a goddamn stevedore and i'm on the clock, i don't have time to 'act local' for you"

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

gently caress Your Website posted:

Real answer: not a goddamn thing, except the weather's better than whatever poo poo place you live

i live in sydney so that's, uh, literally impossible.

The White Dragon posted:

it'll be five dollars more expensive than the most expensive you've ever seen it on the mainland because that's how loving everything is here

if you're talking mainland america that's still pretty cheap compared to australia. we love to buy lego here and lego loves to makes us loving pay. what's good to buy on hawaii

Disconnecticus posted:

On the big island - definitely go to the volcano national park. If watching lava steam when it hits the ocean and walking around with sulfurous smoke wafting out of the ground on a huge crater doesn't seem awesome then we have nothing to say to one another.

yes. are there good places to buy alcohol there or is it a byo sitch

redreader posted:

Go diving if you're certified. It's the best diving I've done in my life (Dived on oahu and maui)

being australian if i wanted to do diving i would just go to the great barrier reef you may have heard of it its only the largest underwater ecology in the world no big deal, in fact its too big so our excellent government is trying to thin some of it out because god knows you gotta dump toxins somewhere. but i'm not and don't and won't, not even that strong of a swimmer since i grew up in the mountains

quote:

the locals will hate you
dude i've been to venice

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

chaosbreather posted:

if you're talking mainland america that's still pretty cheap compared to australia. we love to buy lego here and lego loves to makes us loving pay. what's good to buy on hawaii
things from the duty free store :v:

you can take home some ti leaf root moonshine if that's your thing but really you probably wanna try to keep your consumption to a minimum because locals get inflated prices to begin with and tourists get "lol look at these loving marks" prices. the thing to remember about shopping on an island is that you are the most captive consumer demographic possible

chaosbreather posted:

dude i've been to venice
no he means like "draw and quarter" hate you, not "disdainful tolerance"

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

This is the girl who watches Downton and is all like "Those filthy servants should count themselves lucky, I'd fire them all"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

The White Dragon posted:

no he means like "draw and quarter" hate you, not "disdainful tolerance"

• Locked thread