Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
My dear associate,

I find myself once again at liberty in a city, ripe for conquest. No doubt someone here is in need of my services. And perhaps someone will outbid them to make sure they aren't rendered. Ah, possibilities!

I've been scouting some talent. A pair of tigers, though the similarities end there. One is an barely clothed outlander, an obvious braggart - I should know - and fool - I should know. Argun or something like that. He seems the sort I can short on pay by substituting danger. You know the type. The ones who get themselves killed gloriously or attain great feats. In either case, a very useful resource.

The other is a name you might know - Brekka. She won't come cheap, but one does need some actual reliable competence to back up the brave idiots. Assuming she doesn't try to kill me. I hope she's not still mad about that business up north.

Oh, do you know anything about an Enri de Lusignan? I forget the rest of the name - a mouse musketeer. Quite annoyingly law abiding. Worse, expects others to do the same. He took notice of me, unfortunately. If there are any skeletons in that closet, it would be quite helpful to me to know.

I will write you again when I know more. Until then, as ever, your friend,

Aureo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Loincloth Tigerman would be a great band name.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
That's fantastic, gnoll!

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh
A bunch of louts crowd around a set of tables slammed together, drinking and shouting stories at one another. One of them slams her fist against the tables to catch the rest's attention.

"Oi, lemme tell you, these clowns I keep running into! What was it, aye, that one whatsit, little dogs and red? Got one of them buggers coming up to me stammering on about some nonsense elixirs and remedies what might make my black eye clear up the finest, like he was just coming around to play a jest on me! And just like 'em, he scampered off soon as I went to pick him up, since I was right about in a mood to tell him where he should stick himself and his fancy sugared waters! Bet he was just off to go peddlin' to the other side o' town instead, scum 'e is!"

The crowd bursts out in laughter, save for the one fox in the group who's spending more time getting dunked into his own drink as a 'joke' by a much bigger dog.

Simonis, if I remember his name. Felt sort of bad for it, but he'd caught me right when I had to make a show for a prospective client. If I recall, he earned enough coin on his trade to put himself through proper schooling, something I've still yet to manage myself. His works are likely legitimate, but I doubt I'm doing much harm to his business here. These idiots would sooner just mug the poor fellow for his wares than pay up. I'll be sure to make up for the scare next time I see him.

"Aye, aye, and then, all pissed and the like, this lass comes up scoldin' me like some sort of housewife, telling me I'm dumb as nails just waitin' to get hammered makin' a ruckus like that. I may as well just grab 'er by the horn, one big ol' one just right there like she grew the both of 'em wrong and they got all twisted up in the middle, fling 'er right off into the drink. 'Course there's that drat rat running around wavin' his musket like 'e just got it for presents day, not worth gettin' all them guards or whatever involved."

The bigger dog lets go of the fox and starts on his own story about the strange Zhonggese traveller once he catches up, freeing the last storyteller up to drink.

I hadn't gotten her name, but it's not as if I didn't feel bad enough bullying the poor merchant in the first place. She had hardly even said anything, but I could tell she knew I didn't have my heart in pushing the fox around. I don't know how long I'll be able to keep my front up if I have to deal with her again. Oh, and the mouse? Yeah, that one's just a right bastard, always suspecting me for something. Nothing to lie about there.

- - -

Those are pretty great gnoll, the little guys look perfect. I'm gonna feel awful when I inevitably have to dump Simonis headfirst into a keg of his own product.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Oh wow, that is drat nice gnoll! And here I was, looking for an picture for Simonis. This will do quite perfectly, if you don't mind me using it.

There is likely going to be an occasion for him getting dunked into his own products, he /is/ using fire magic. Magic he probably didn't have before!

Pretty psyched about this now.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Thread's finally up!

My apologies for the delays, folks - life got in my way for longer than expected.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
something something more like fursuit of profit am i right

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
I'd give an excuse or reason for the noposts but it really just boils down to "I am a butthole"

Entry 34

This land continues to amuse me. It is almost as if they've never seen a tiger before! I would swear I had seen others about. Or maybe it's just me? I admit, I am rather amazing, aren't I? In fact, a small mouse was aspying on my the other day, pursing their lips at the sight of me. So prim! So proper! I've heard the mice have fire in their bellies, but does he waste it all on mildly disapproving others?

Beyond happily making myself a spectacle, I've learned of others perhaps as odd as I. I saw one creature from...Zhongguo, was it? Frankly I couldn't tell what she was. She had the horn of a tree, and a mix of fur AND scales! I was beside myself that I missed a chance to talk to her; undoubtedly a vastly interesting individual to come all the way up here. I should keep an eye out for her and see if I can mine her bizarre head for stories.

Oh, and before I forget, I am happy to state that I am now officially being vetted for service. Not that I entirely trust the jackal. You know how their kind is, and he seems just as bad as the stereotype claims. But he promises excitement and pay to go with it. Shortchanging me, probably. We'll have a talk about that after the first mission. Negotiations are easier after you've proven what you're truly worth, after all.

However, not all is well. I saw one of my kin today, and would you believe she was wearing the armor of these people? Completely covering her fur! Not a show of her stripes! I will need to speak to her in private later; we are magnificent, and hiding ourselves in shame is simply not to be done. Oh, but now I am worried; perhaps she is not alone in this. Is this why the gawk so at me? Do my fellow tigers hide themselves away in heated metal? How utterly atrocious. If this is the case, my enjoyment of this land may very well begin to shrink. Oh...but what if I become the daring counter to their absurd chastity? How delightful! Yes, perhaps this can be used to my advantage after all...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
For those who hadn't seen it, there was sort of a partial examination of Ironclaw in FATAL and Friends; it can now be found here and is, for the most part, the section on the various animal species and stereotypes about them.

• Locked thread