Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Fallout: New Vegas is an amazing game and probably my favorite of the series. The setting, the storylines and the characters are all top notch. Unfortunately, the game is way, way, way too easy. Even with various mods installed to up the challenge you can basically follow the main storyline directly from beginning to end without ever being in serious danger. I blame this largely on the engine, which was created for one of the Elder Scrolls games and then hammered roughly into something approaching Fallout shape for Fallout 3 but it's still disappointing that, in a game with so much neat stuff to find, there's very little reason why you'd want to wander off the rails and explore any of it aside from out of a bloody minded desire for completion.

It would be really great if you would encounter a situation on the main plot path where you'd think "drat, these guys look really scary. I'd better go explore a little and find something to help me get an edge." Instead of finding the third in command of one of the major game factions kind of milling around with a bunch of guards in a random burnt out town and instantly deciding that you can probably take them all with your 10mm pistol and a few drugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

What I meant was I liked the art but most of the story was garbage anime filler

E: and it needed a lot more of kanji, the only good character

Beekeeping and You fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Mar 1, 2015

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Shin Megami Tensei IV: Traversing Tokyo was a mess sometimes with the map really not helping. Also only a handful of bosses actually had me stop and arrange a proper team to counter otherwise my physical based main character just punched them to death. Oh and the way to get the neutral ending is dumb and I was lucky I got it the first time.

Bayonetta 2: All the flying bosses while cool looking were annoying to manage distance and some techniques weren't usable. The last boss just floated from one side of the area to another and was more frustrating trying to close the gap.

Drakengard 3: Drakengard 3

• Locked thread