Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
toggle
Nov 7, 2005

peter is a poo poo oval office

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I don't really like most indie games

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
Why do people keep saying "Peter Mollinew" when it's clearly pronounced "Mole-in-knee-ucks"

loving tards can't even read basic english

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Yes. It's pronounced 'gode-us'.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
petr molyneux's god us

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

BKPR posted:

the white man is the only race foolish enough to release day one dlc on his own people.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

toggle posted:

peter is a poo poo oval office

I dunno, man. I think he's pretty good at being a oval office.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

gnarlyhotep posted:

lol at the idea that any game could be any more funny and fun than BL2

paging carehard games posters, please come tell me I'm wrong

when I play shooty killy games yeah I like them to be funny instead of bloodpuke, BL is prob my favorite fps series

Jazzpunk was the last game that made me laugh like I was watching pro comedy on tv tho

I wonder if Sid Meier is a weird rear end in a top hat and that's why we never hear anything from him

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Paladinus posted:

Yes. It's pronounced 'gode-us'.
goad us

into making bad posts :smugmrgw:

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

chode us

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Christmas Present posted:

when I play shooty killy games yeah I like them to be funny instead of bloodpuke, BL is prob my favorite fps series

Jazzpunk was the last game that made me laugh like I was watching pro comedy on tv tho

jazz punk is worth playing? I bought it at like 5 dollars on the last steam sale but it frankly looks horrible from the screenshots

otoh Borderlands is written straight from reddit memes so maybe you're incapable of recognizing bad comedy

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Don Tacorleone posted:

jazz punk is worth playing? I bought it at like 5 dollars on the last steam sale but it frankly looks horrible from the screenshots

otoh Borderlands is written straight from reddit memes so maybe you're incapable of recognizing bad comedy
Borderlands is best played by mashing past all the dialogue and killing poo poo. It's not that hard to skip poo poo that offends your sensibilities but people prove me wrong on that every day

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

CrashCat posted:

Borderlands is best played by mashing past all the dialogue and killing poo poo. It's not that hard to skip poo poo that offends your sensibilities but people prove me wrong on that every day

...but WHY, why am I killing Slags to gather their 10 skulls to bring back to redneck guy

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

CrashCat posted:

offends your sensibilities

that entire game assaults my sensibilities because it's the equivalent of old dog poo poo, the kind thats already turned white from exposure

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
borderlands looks like the game i'd make if i wanted to make a really really bad fps

somehow though, it became popular

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Don Tacorleone posted:

...but WHY, why am I killing Slags to gather their 10 skulls to bring back to redneck guy
so you can get to another shinier, ultimately disappointing gun

honestly the thing that pissed me off about BL1 was how only a couple different guns were even worth using and the rest did basically no damage at any range. they got a little better about that in BL2 but then they put ultra powerful ones as boss farming random drop loot as if they thought they were some sort of loving MMO which is dumb as heck

also thanks to bad coding the 'bazillion guns' or whatever they promised didn't actually generate even as many different crappy guns as intended

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
barkley 2 is the last hope for rpgs

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp

Random Hajile posted:

Godus dead
and no one cares,
head to gamestop
I'll meet you there

lmao

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Zzulu posted:

borderlands looks like the game i'd make if i wanted to make a really really bad fps

somehow though, it became popular

They are objectively terrible, but I kind of like them anyway.

quakster posted:

barkley 2 is the last hope for rpgs

This is the one kickstarter I'm actually getting a little worried about. But gently caress $10.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Agag posted:

This is the one kickstarter I'm actually getting a little worried about. But gently caress $10.
the devs post in games. its doing fine

for now

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
Barkley Gaiden was played at a marathon and most of the developers attended. It crashed a lot but this was probably the best part

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_A3n_W45s8

MVP fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Feb 20, 2015

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Zzulu posted:

its the only one that's intentionally dumb, it's great and fun

Don Tacorleone posted:

Yeah, it's pretty fun, pretty quick, has some nice hidden gags here and there. It's fun to explore around in- like a point-and-click adventure from a first-person perspective.

actually having a hard time thinking of other comedy games over here

Peanut Butler fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Feb 21, 2015

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Postal 2 is a good comedy game depending on your playstyle

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

Christmas Present posted:

I wonder if Sid Meier is a weird rear end in a top hat and that's why we never hear anything from him

IIRC Sid Meier is a very quiet person who is happy to just blue-sky and help people on their own projects because he's more interested in farting around and playing with game ideas than being a rock star.

He's apparently super religious but that's the only weird thing I can think of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

sid meier rules

i wish sid meier and richard garriott were my two gay dads

• Locked thread