Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Will it be possible to hack 3DS once the servers are down? My friend’s kid wants me to hack his 3DS and I don’t know if I’ll have time to do it while the servers are still up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Yes, you don't need an internet connection at all to hack a 3DS and the methods that use the web browser have nothing to do with Nintendo's servers.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

C-Euro posted:

What cart reader do you have, and does it do more than DS carts? Interested in dumping my physical Nintendo handheld collection (at least the stuff older than a 3DS) and just having the Ur-Handheld for everything I own.

I’m using Godmode on my hacked N3DSXL. My only regret is that I didn’t do this sooner. Still learning my way around modding, but this is really cool.

I have an old DSLite, too. Can I mod that so that I can dump my GBA games?

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

Detective No. 27 posted:

Will it be possible to hack 3DS once the servers are down? My friend’s kid wants me to hack his 3DS and I don’t know if I’ll have time to do it while the servers are still up.

It’s really straightforward and has nothing to do with Nintendo. Hell, if a fifty something year old man can figure out how to mod his 3DS, I’m pretty sure you’ll have zero difficulty.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

tango alpha delta posted:

I’m using Godmode on my hacked N3DSXL. My only regret is that I didn’t do this sooner. Still learning my way around modding, but this is really cool.

I have an old DSLite, too. Can I mod that so that I can dump my GBA games?
There's homebrew software for DS flashcarts that can dump a GBA cart off a DS Lite.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Tried to softmod my 3DS, but it hung up every time after reinserting the hacked SD card. :smith: The troubleshooting page said it could be a problem with the Mii Maker data, so I might try again with a blank formatted SD card and try to put my saved stuff and downloads back on it later.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Small Strange Bird posted:

Tried to softmod my 3DS, but it hung up every time after reinserting the hacked SD card. :smith: The troubleshooting page said it could be a problem with the Mii Maker data, so I might try again with a blank formatted SD card and try to put my saved stuff and downloads back on it later.

This is what I ended up needing to do, but it did fix whatever issue I was having when first installing.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

C-Euro posted:

This is what I ended up needing to do, but it did fix whatever issue I was having when first installing.
It worked! :toot: Now to find some good 3DS games that aren't RPGs, because I don't have the time to do anything that isn't pick-up-and-play any more.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

some good 3DS games that aren't RPGs

:confused:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

What's this insane picross snub? :colbert:

K-Flow
Nov 20, 2004

I installed the CTGP-7 mod for Mario Kart 7 the other day and it's awesome. Adds so much content to the game and while some of the user created maps are stupid as you'd expect, a lot of them are quite good. Every now and then my wife and I will play local multiplayer MK7 and we've had a lot of fun with this so far

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

It worked! :toot: Now to find some good 3DS games that aren't RPGs, because I don't have the time to do anything that isn't pick-up-and-play any more.

POCKET

CARD

JOCKEY

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Play Pushmo, Stetchmo, Crashmo, and Picross 3D 2

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

lol, I bought Picross 3D on cartridge years ago, but I’m playing it for the very first time time on my N3DSXL today.

It’s really good. I’m not entirely sure why I’ve never played a Picross game before.

E: Just dumped my Hotel Dusk cart. Gonna play that later.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Mar 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

tango alpha delta posted:

It’s really straightforward and has nothing to do with Nintendo. Hell, if a fifty something year old man can figure out how to mod his 3DS, I’m pretty sure you’ll have zero difficulty.

Ah yeah. I've hacked a few 3DS systems in my time, it's just been a while. Couldn't remember how much if it needed to touch the internet. I'll probably leave his firmware as is then.