Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
the middle initial is there bc you cannot have a duplicate name in the screen actor's guild, there mighta been someone named samuel jackson already on the SAG list from like 1922, also middle initials really give a pop and ZING to some people's names, like William H. Macy (imagine that without the H, you can't can you??)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
id say jeff bridges is an arguably better actor making even worse decisions than samuel l jackson

like seriously whens the last time you saw a jeff bridges movie?

but jeff bridges still owns

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

jeff bridges? hmmm... iron man. whoa, another marvel movie. crazy.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

superhero movies should retire

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
He was great in Apocalypse now.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Parallax Scroll posted:

american cinema has been thoroughly ruined by this bullshit. it's true.

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Nor bad movies, poker/bank commercials can derail him from his ascension. After Kingsmen, he'll be in at least 3 more major movies this year in 2015. More if Hateful Eight finishes up, and if they slipped him into Ant-Man.

Swallow his ubiquity because Sammy Jack is unstoppable.

Catpants McStabby
Jul 10, 2001

seriously, :wtc:
jesus, op What as rear end in a top hat. He was awesome in family matters and even better in die hard.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Parallax Scroll posted:

Superhero movies will never stop until people stop paying to see them, so never.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

King Vidiot posted:

Superhero movies will never stop until people stop paying to see them, so never.

there's enough source material that they could keep making them into perpetuity especially now that reboots are considered acceptable and even the norm in mainstream cinema

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: this sovereign citizen stuff might be closer to the truth than we are willing to admit.
he plays the same character in every movie: himself.

he has the "range" of steven hawking throwing a baseball

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
some of these posts are making my nostrils flare....and now...i'm yelling

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i like samuel l jackson

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

TEAYCHES posted:

i liked samuel l jackson

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

Zzulu posted:

did his ancestors burn a lot of fish or what

This interesting surname of English origin is a locational name from Fishbourne in Sussex, which is recorded as Fiseborne in the Domesday Book of 1086, and Fishburn in Durham, deriving from the Old English pre 7th Century "fisc" meaning "fish", plus "burna" "stream", hence "fish stream".

Read more: http://www.surnamedb.com/Surname/Fishburn#ixzz3RxHvLEZi

His ancestors were owned by Englishmen, I'd wager.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

he was good in the winter soldier

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

also django unchained

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

Also the way he says "Honey! Where's my supa-suit?!" in the Incredibles was funny and good.

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

Also "Everybody hold on to your butts!" was the best part of Jurassic Park. I bet he ad-libbed that line (or "mad-libbed" it, as Sam Jackson would say)

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Remember when he was good in that OLD movie

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

the only time he was bad was when he was in that movie directed by george lucas, the one everyone was bad in because the dialogue and characterization for every actor was terrible

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Samuel L is boss ballin, dunno what y'all talking about.

E: This too. Still use this line when the need calls for it

spooky girlfriend posted:

Also "Everybody hold on to your butts!" was the best part of Jurassic Park. I bet he ad-libbed that line (or "mad-libbed" it, as Sam Jackson would say)

laurence fishburne is a stage name. his first role was in apocalypse now and he goes by his real name, though i can't think of what it is atm

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Sam jackson is cool sorry. Nobody ever said he was an exceptional actor but i dont get mad when he gets lots of roles :shrug:

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

Sam Jackson is an unabashed nerd and that's why he wanted to be in Star Wars, and any movie having to do with super-heroes, from Unbreakable to the Incredibles to every Marvel movie.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Yeah, the coach should really pull him out of the game. He's been throwing meatballs for two innings now. Ridiculous.

Get off the mound, Sam!

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: this sovereign citizen stuff might be closer to the truth than we are willing to admit.

spooky girlfriend posted:

Sam Jackson is an unabashed nerd and that's why he wanted to be in Star Wars, and any movie having to do with super-heroes, from Unbreakable to the Incredibles to every Marvel movie.

um, isn't intelligence a prerequisite to being a nerd lol?

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

um, isn't intelligence a prerequisite to being a nerd lol?

obviously not, based on your posting

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

RaceBannon posted:

This interesting surname of English origin is a locational name from Fishbourne in Sussex, which is recorded as Fiseborne in the Domesday Book of 1086, and Fishburn in Durham, deriving from the Old English pre 7th Century "fisc" meaning "fish", plus "burna" "stream", hence "fish stream".

Read more: http://www.surnamedb.com/Surname/Fishburn#ixzz3RxHvLEZi

His ancestors were owned by Englishmen, I'd wager.

wow history is pretty cool

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
loving LOVE him in jackie brown but yeah that movie was like 20 years ago so i guess op has a good point, close thread retire actor

Otterspace
Jul 13, 2006

This is not a good idea.
Here's a game you can play: try to find an actor on IMDB who has more acting credits than SLJ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Otterspace posted:

Here's a game you can play: try to find an actor on IMDB who has more acting credits than SLJ.

yeah this clown does birthday parties too

• Locked thread