Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

Geight posted:

You've never played with legos or what?

Yeah but I didn't build something and then throw rocks at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogo
Sep 24, 2007

kukrunkarmaskin posted:

Countdown until first 9/11 reenactment using this game. At 5:05 "look how these towers actually fall down and crumble".

IDK. It looks more like a controlled demolition job to me...

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

buzzsaw.gif posted:

Yeah but I didn't build something and then throw rocks at it.

Same. I used D batteries dropped from bombers made of lego.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

concerned mom posted:

yeh im fine with early access i think its a good idea but early accessing a new game whilst ur old one is early access is a bit much

They got a new team for the med stuff and they are sharing new tech between both games, like they mentioned that the terrain generation that is still pretty basic atm, will be used on future planetoids in Space Engineers and how the NPC AI will first be used in ME cause it's the easier to navigate terrain before they'll be ported to SE eventually.

With that in mind, i'm actually happy they have a new sandbox to experiment with that might end up contributing to SE (and the other way around). That said ME is pretty basic atm, like the early SE releases, so unless you have fun building up towers and seeing them crumble, or just want to give the guys more money to develop both titles, don't buy in yet.

e:
to get the bandwith use of the thread a bit up.

The result of me trying to install a new staircase in my tower:

And the results of me trying to repair the damage:

Also hoping they get the SE blocks up to ME standard soon, so I can start to merge blocks and don't have to build around them all the time.

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Feb 20, 2015

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011
For anyone interested, I'm gonna stream some of this.

https://www.twitch.tv/EdwardTank

Done. Sperged the gently caress out over this game though.

E-Tank fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Feb 21, 2015

evilentity
Jun 25, 2010
Can you clear up the debris somehow? Im mostly focused on blowing stuff up but still. Also ME is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O04ErnJ8USY the game. Im loving loving it!

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Is this game Fun With Goons?

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Control Volume posted:

Is this game Fun With Goons?

I can only imagine once multiplayer is a thing it'll be incredibly fun.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I can't wait for the dickbutt siegemachines.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

I wish I had shadowplay, but my nvidia card is too old. I accidently knocked down a wall and it led to a crack that took about 2 seconds to spread to the next wall creating the exact same crack.

This traveled onwards to the left until it reached the far wall, at which point the whole upper part of the wall just dropped down one story, where it now sits, totaly stable.
:stare:

This is how the inside part looks, the whole upper story dropped down, the only 'casulties' were the little guard hut at the corner with its staircase. The tower in the background is unrelated and colapsed yesterday already.

I could actually keep on building on top of the collapsed wall parts.

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Feb 21, 2015

evilentity
Jun 25, 2010
Thats a cool bug. Its a shame that the destruction is not dynamic. Same chunks fall off :( ME is cool tech demo, hopefully we will get some sort of survival mode soon.

wit
Jul 26, 2011
This game explains why there are so many ancient castle ruins and so few ancient castles. I cant wait to destroy someones tower of autism with a penis shaped catapult. Roll on multiplayer.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Man, I used to build medieval towns in Minecraft on an open server, this gives me a funny tingle.

Are you only able to tunnel underground, or can you make yourself a decent sized dwarven kingdom. (Excuse the sperg)

Rincewinds fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Feb 22, 2015

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Currently you can use the 'voxel hand' tool to place and remove dirt and stone freely, so go wild with your underground kingdom.

Only limitation might be the lightning as the current selection of torches and fire pits don't seem to spend any actual light as you can see in this no effort artificial cave example.

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Feb 22, 2015

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i learned that i'm too retarded to build a castle but i figured out how to make a windmill

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Definitely excited about this game, may pick it up once there's multiplayer. Hard to believe there's already mods, I've seen one for improved cogs.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Feindfeuer posted:

Currently you can use the 'voxel hand' tool to place and remove dirt and stone freely, so go wild with your underground kingdom.

Only limitation might be the lightning as the current selection of torches and fire pits don't seem to spend any actual light as you can see in this no effort artificial cave example.

Meh, guess I will wait for light sources to be implemented (in addition to multiplayer, I could never be arsed to go solo when I played MC).

evilentity
Jun 25, 2010
Any idea if they plan on following SE model of weekly patches? They have 2 teams after all...

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!
yeah, every tuesday. tomorrow they're adding npcs

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Smoremaster posted:

yeah, every tuesday. tomorrow they're adding npcs

Making castles and murdering NPC with traps do sound nice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ocWrV4Fk9w&t=89s

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

They should do a partnership with Besiege to enable the export of Medieval Engineer levels as Besiege levels.

Galdarion
Apr 13, 2014
This looks very interesting.

Burlinton
Jul 4, 2014
Like the game, for an alpha release it is very stable. Gravity model is great and keeps you honest if enabled. Only thing I don't like is clearing away the rubble can be painful. Anyone found a method other than waiting or pushing it off?

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Currently pushing it off or make room for it to drop away. Not optimal, but I hope we get some sort of Hammer tool at one point to smash it.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Feindfeuer posted:

Currently pushing it off or make room for it to drop away. Not optimal, but I hope we get some sort of Hammer tool at one point to smash it.

If they ever add weapons, sledgehammers absolutely must be an addition.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

So, I have a busted old DirectX 10 card, a GTS250. Has anybody tried forcing dx9/10 to make this thing run? I've used that with limited success on other games in the past, I'd just like to hear if anybody else has used it and if it's even playable when you do? I won't be able to upgrade my card to even a lovely dx11 for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Tuesday updates: Now with 100% more arches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqynNQqDAvs

Features
- daylight settings (sun angle, light intensity, fog density)
- new hand tools: torch, hammer and mace
- new blocks: stairs corners, slope corners, arch ceilings
- AI modding tool
- destruction modding tool

Fixes
- improved structural integrity of roofs
- fixed placing small/large grid
- fixed physics issues with rope torsion spring
- fixed thumbnails on blueprints and worlds not working correctly
- fixed tooltip on rotor
- fixed voxel in the air on quickstart map

• Locked thread