Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Wizard Master posted:

*in human being nerd voice*
I agree except for the Flash. You haven't actually watched the Flash yet, have you? The show strikes a great balance between Barry Allen's everyday life and his Superhero persona. The Flash is actually awesome.

The Flash made Captain Cold a legitimate bad guy.

Or were you talking about the post Burton-Batman Flash from 1990?

Lol, you got me!

Also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
My wife and I like it. We watch it after we put our 3 yr old son to bed. We both have professional degrees, we both vote GOP more than DEM, we both are religious to some extent, we both grew up in the South, we both are incredibly boring people, etc., etc., etc. The only difference is I am white, she is not, I am male, she is female.

I hope this helps you in your quest to determine Gotham's target demo OP.

We also like the Walking Dead which goons seem to really hate.

Person of Interest, The Americans, Game of Thrones, and True Detective are the other dramas we watch together.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
My wife watches this.

I assume the high concept was "We have the license for Batman, but we can't afford to have tons of fight scenes, dramatic locations, special effects, the Batmoblie, a Batcave set, cool costumes... or, well... um... Batman."

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I watched the first 2-3 episodes just to give it a fair shake. The cinematography is really good, but man there's nothing else there to like. Bruno Heller was involved with Rome, which is one of my favorite shows. But drat. They really should have made a Gotham Central show instead.

You watched the worst 2-3 episodes. It really has gotten better as it's come along. No, really!

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot

Chris Christie posted:

My wife and I like it. We watch it after we put our 3 yr old son to bed. We both have professional degrees, we both vote GOP more than DEM, we both are religious to some extent, we both grew up in the South, we both are incredibly boring people, etc., etc., etc. The only difference is I am white, she is not, I am male, she is female.

I hope this helps you in your quest to determine Gotham's target demo OP.

We also like the Walking Dead which goons seem to really hate.

Person of Interest, The Americans, Game of Thrones, and True Detective are the other dramas we watch together.

what's your sass username?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I've watched it.

Thoughts:

Best scene of series so far: When Riddler meets Penguin.
I like how it is showing history/the mob bosses and that sort of thing.
I don't like how every big bad except for Joker has shown up already. (And he may have shown up this week, depending on how they write things.)
I don't see how this show is going to last very long unless they skip ahead a few years at a time.
I like Zsasz.
Mrs. Will Smith is great, except her scenes are awful. If that makes any sense.
I think the best parts of the show are when Selena and Bruce are hanging out. Sad that the child leads are the most interesting part of the show.
Nigma needs to be around more often.

E: Also Alfred is well cast and the scenes with him and Bruce are pretty good. Actually most stuff with bruce are pretty good.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Feb 19, 2015

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

That scene where Alfred drives Bruce over to beat up a bully isn't nearly as good as people make it seem. It's actually pretty badly written.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Professor Shark posted:

That scene where Alfred drives Bruce over to beat up a bully isn't nearly as good as people make it seem. It's actually pretty badly written.

Does Alfred have to pull him off the bully and go, "That's enough master Bruce!"

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
alfred beats up a child?

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Zzulu posted:

alfred beats up a child?

He breaks a bottle of malt liquor over the child's head and then gives him a buck fifty with the glass. Gotham is dark.

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp

Waltzing Along posted:

I've watched it.

Thoughts:

I don't like how every big bad except for Joker has shown up already. (And he may have shown up this week, depending on how they write things.)
I don't see how this show is going to last very long unless they skip ahead a few years at a time.
I like Zsasz.
I think the best parts of the show are when Selena and Bruce are hanging out. Sad that the child leads are the most interesting part of the show.

E: Also Alfred is well cast and the scenes with him and Bruce are pretty good. Actually most stuff with bruce are pretty good.

this sounds awful

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

fanged wang posted:

this sounds awful

The awful thing is Catwoman and Poison Ivy being childhood pals.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
so batman meets literally every villain while he's a kid lol

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Zzulu posted:

He and catwoman are friends sort of. Catwoman and Ivy are friends. They are the only ones Batman has met other than Gordon.

Riddler works for the police.
Scarecrow is in an ICU after his father shot him up with fear hormones.
Penguin is a mob boss underling who thinks Gordon is his bud.

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
lol

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
this sounds like some poo poo a 5 year old made up i mean arrow and flash are kinda lame but theyre not on the same level of bad at all thats amazing

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It's definitely a mix of bad and good. The good stuff is interesting enough to warrant continued viewings. The bad stuff is bad. Really bad.

For instance, this past episode, Mrs. Will Smith gave a speech, while standing on the back of some dude who was on hands and knees. The director really needed to be punched for that bit of stupidity.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Zzulu posted:

They were pals in Batman: The Animate Series, I think.

Waltzing Along posted:

For instance, this past episode, Mrs. Will Smith gave a speech, while standing on the back of some dude who was on hands and knees. The director really needed to be punched for that bit of stupidity.

That sounds super hot, what are you talking about. I'd get on my knees for Jada Pinkett Smith.

Hobohemian fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Feb 19, 2015

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Waltzing Along posted:

I've watched it.

Thoughts:

I like Zsasz.

Falcone and Maroni are both pretty awesome. And Bullock!

Basically everybody who is a C list character by the time Batman shows up is really good.

Hobohemian posted:

Does Alfred have to pull him off the bully and go, "That's enough master Bruce!"

No, he basically gives Bruce a high five and takes him for ice cream or some poo poo. Alfred's kind of a bad parental figure.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Hobohemian posted:

That sounds super hot, what are you talking about. I'd get on my knees for Jada Pinkett Smith.

... that's Jada Pinkett? Lawd Jesus girl what you done to your face

Radical plastic surgery claims another unearthly beautiful woman, RIP Jada Pinket's old face :qq:

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it's bad enough if you go and watch one of the movies every 6 months, if this poo poo is leaking into your regular TV watching too you need help because comic books are about as deep and provoking as fuckin anime

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Monstrous Dooklord posted:

it's bad enough if you go and watch one of the movies every 6 months, if this poo poo is leaking into your regular TV watching too you need help because comic books are about as deep and provoking as fuckin anime

True, but at least the target audience is idiot manchildren rather than idiot pedophile manchildren. It's a step in the right direction.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

they are anime :colbert:

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

what if i haven't seen a superhero movie in five years but watch this i need to know forums poster monstrous dooklords approval rating

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Facepalm Ranger posted:

I quite like agent Carter, mostly because people can act in it and make me care unlike shield.

Agents of Shield is annoying since it Whedon's menagerie of quirky annoying characters all over gain.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

stop watching all of the bad superhero shows, just because they are tangentially related to your nerdy crap you like it doesn't mean you have to watch all of them

they are bad, you're not missing out

my 60 year old parents watch this poo poo

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

only good shows are more obscure show like The 100 or Vikings which don't have a loud obsessive fanbase.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
It's bad

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

etalian posted:

only good shows are more obscure show like The 100 or Vikings which don't have a loud obsessive fanbase.

i figured vikings must be awful because of the fanbase, i got 'sons of anarchy only vikings' vibes from everyone. its actually good?

gotham is awful but hilarious, i don't really like comic book poo poo so i don't care if its a retarded muppet babies of batman characters, its all so funny.

Gatekeeper fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Feb 26, 2015

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Gatekeeper posted:

i figured vikings must be awful because of the fanbase, i got 'sons of anarchy only vikings' vibes from everyone. its actually good?

Well sons of anarchy is complete garbage so ...

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Gatekeeper posted:

It may not be spergy historically accurate but it's strangely compelling due to the strength of the characters.

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012
I don't watch this, but I would watch a show about Alfred molding a devastated, lonely Bruce Wayne into a killing machine.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
They have an admirable endgame, basically aging Bruce Wayne in sync with the show, but honestly a "before Batman" show would have been way more interesting following him in his late teens/early 20s as he travels and trains. I doubt the show will last long enough for them to reach their goal, but it would be interesting to see how it turned out (probably not good).

dads_work_files
May 14, 2008

important_document.avi

*me when im watching gotham* guys i find it hard to give a hoot about batman tbh

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
maybe people who en joy watching it watch it

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
vikings is nothing like sons of anarchy, it is actualy good.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

MeatwadIsGod posted:

They have an admirable endgame, basically aging Bruce Wayne in sync with the show, but honestly a "before Batman" show would have been way more interesting following him in his late teens/early 20s as he travels and trains. I doubt the show will last long enough for them to reach their goal, but it would be interesting to see how it turned out (probably not good).

yeah just do it like a remake of Kung Fu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Gatekeeper posted:

gotham is awful but hilarious, i don't really like comic book poo poo so i don't care if its a retarded muppet babies of batman characters, its all so funny.
Season 1 was good. I stopped watching early in season 2 because they were really killing any hype I had for the show.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Feb 26, 2015

• Locked thread