Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Harry Potter is actually set during the 90's which is why there is no proper internet and everyone is constantly getting hosed up on E and going to raves at the Haçienda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

If the transfiguration teacher could become a cat...

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
With all the feasting on chocolates and butter beer, that whole school should be fat as gently caress.

Snape was totally gay for Harry.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

its actually set in the eighties i think

e: i was wrong it is the nineties

e: i think that means the epilogue takes place in the future

Phoon fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Feb 18, 2015

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Wicker Man posted:

Snape was totally gay for Harry.

For something set in a British boarding school, there certainly was a distinct lack of pedophilia going on. Magic is plausible, but that's just straight up unrealistic.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

PT6A posted:

For something set in a British boarding school, there certainly was a distinct lack of pedophilia going on. Magic is plausible, but that's just straight up unrealistic.

This man is definitely a wizard. Probably one of the defense against the dark arts teachers.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Wicker Man posted:

This man is definitely a wizard. Probably one of the defense against the dark arts teachers.

i have those same glasses, does this mean i'm a wizard/pedophile/both?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
harry potter movies loving blew. Theyre on the same level as twilight movies basically

and yes youre a pedo, Gatekeeper

youre wife
Dec 25, 2014

by Ralp
Phallus leviosa!

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Cumslut1895 posted:

I think one of the point he was trying to make was that not being an insufferable fuckwit is almost entirely dependent on parenting that is at least half-assed
I think you are all missing the point with respect to the topic because there was a gay wizard dom who made newer gay wizards suck his dick in the clock tower and everyone at the school thought the main character was a gay dick sucker because the first friend he made was the gay wizard dom.

youre wife
Dec 25, 2014

by Ralp

zedprime posted:

I think you are all missing the point with respect to the topic because there was a gay wizard dom who made newer gay wizards suck his dick in the clock tower and everyone at the school thought the main character was a gay dick sucker because the first friend he made was the gay wizard dom.

K. Reading this now

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Zzulu posted:

and yes youre a pedo, Gatekeeper

ok.

but not a wizard?

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

plain blue jacket posted:

Jk Rowling was very brave in making a closet homosexual character with virtually no reference to the fact but then made a big deal out of it after the last book was published

dumbledore was obviously gay from his introduction and your gaydar is broke as gently caress if you didn't notice it immediately

youre wife
Dec 25, 2014

by Ralp
Expecto ephebophilia!

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

there had to be an upperclassman selling bogus pamphlets on spells to produce spectral vaginas

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

BKPR posted:

there had to be an upperclassman selling bogus pamphlets on spells to produce spectral vaginas

Ghost vag.

Cosby loves it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Tuxedo Gin posted:

dumbledore was obviously gay from his introduction and your gaydar is broke as gently caress if you didn't notice it immediately

Pretty much. I feel like the people who were surprised about that were also the ones who were outraged about the gay guy from Game of Thrones, who was also very obviously gay in the books. Especially considering it's a children's book, what did they expect Rowling to do? "He had a long beard, half-moon glasses, and loved to suck cocks." would've seemed suspiciously out of place in the initial description of Dumbledore.

• Locked thread