Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
google?
This poll is closed.
google 32 40.51%
goku 47 59.49%
Total: 52 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
http://consumerist.com/2015/02/18/google-receives-patent-for-wearable-odor-removal-device/

tl;dr Google has just patented a device designed to remove any last vestiges of privacy you may have concerning your bodily functions / funk a wonderful new automatic odor neutralizer that will add value to your existing Google services

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Cool

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
voted both thank you for using check boxes

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
or we can just execute smelly people. google has a complicated solution to an easy problem.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Does not look nutsack attachable

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
the only question is now, when does Google launch the beta program (in more ways than one HA HA), how many kilodollars will it cost to be a beta tester for it, and how quickly will google abandon the whole thing in favor of building more ball pits on the google campus

AMINAL
Dec 6, 2014
About time

Can't wait for the inevitable google rear end wearable odor neutralizing fan system

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

voted checkbox :iia:

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
IM SMELLY.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

not for long, bud!!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

The yet-to-be-named product includes an activity sensor to help predict when body odor might strike and a communications network that allows users to avoid acquaintances.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of. Please tell me this is a joke and that I didn't actually wake up in the dystopian idiocracy future.

Smeego
Sep 9, 2001

japan sucks
Google rear end

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
The real star feature of this device is the ability to easily avoid friends and family.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
is this a thing they'll make us wear in the google camps to keep our stench at bay? not like the auto-driving smart car guards will care

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

Pitdragon posted:

This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of. Please tell me this is a joke and that I didn't actually wake up in the dystopian idiocracy future.

We're just about there dude. Remember all those old sci fi books and movies and stuff where it was always the government or some corporation telling you to eat other people or consume stuff, or some AI telling you to kill your family or something? It's not going to be like that, it's going to be some AI telling you that it's time to shower, and the government/corporation telling you to put on a shirt and go out into the sunshine for a bit, and cutting off your internet until you do so.

It won't be about you thinking bad things about the establishment, or secretly reading passages from the Qur'an over Tor or something. Who cares about that? They'll monitor your every activity and provide hints targeted specially to you on how you can improve your life and health. If you want you can be cynical about it and say that yeah it's about making sure consumers can continue to consume for as long as possible, sure, think that if you want. But the important part is the AI will still have a really creepy insidious voice, and that's what matters.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
how could this possibly be better than just wearing deodorant?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Rutibex posted:

how could this possibly be better than just wearing deodorant?

deodorant doesn't cost hundreds of dollars or come in a variety of hip colors so it's not as good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

dunno if I want spinning blades that close to my wrinkly nardsheath
no thx google

• Locked thread