Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

vegeta? vs goku obviously wouldnt be fair at all but maybe sups would stand a little bit more of a chance against vegeta.

heres the breakdown:

vegeta strengths: can blow up planets, takes no poo poo from anyone, works out all the time instead of raising his family
vegeta weaknesses: sometimes goes easy on the other guy to make it fair

superman strengths: made of steel, been in some movies
superman weaknesses: talks and fights like a bitch, costume looks dumb

it might be a close fight, but i think that after the power-up vegeta received in the film "battle of gods" vegeta would most likely win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

He can't even beat Batman

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
Superman is faster than the speed of light, but bats dont need light to see :chord:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Parallax Scroll posted:

vegeta? vs goku obviously wouldnt be fair at all but maybe sups would stand a little bit more of a chance against vegeta.

heres the breakdown:

vegeta strengths: can blow up planets, takes no poo poo from anyone, works out all the time instead of raising his family
vegeta weaknesses: sometimes goes easy on the other guy to make it fair

superman strengths: made of steel, been in some movies
superman weaknesses: talks and fights like a bitch, costume looks dumb

it might be a close fight, but i think that after the power-up vegeta received in the film "battle of gods" vegeta would most likely win.

Vegeta would win at first but then Goku would help him out with training and stuff. Round 2 KO to Superman.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
pretty sure supoerman could beat up vegetables

Flying Fortress
Oct 23, 2008

BoredDG posted:

He can't even beat Batman

true

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

doesn't that mean the real question is; "Could Vegeta Beat Batman"?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I think this ultimately depends whether Vegeta sees Superman as a threat to his goals, OP. I feel like superman would be at most a distraction in his attempts to get the upper hand on Goku, and he'd only toy with him while Superman would see Vegeta as a real threat to Earth

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

gnarlyhotep posted:

pretty sure supoerman could beat up vegetables

Pretty sure Vegeta is a fruit

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I think this ultimately depends whether Vegeta sees Superman as a threat to his goals, OP. I feel like superman would be at most a distraction in his attempts to get the upper hand on Goku, and he'd only toy with him while Superman would see Vegeta as a real threat to Earth

yeah that could be significant, its why i put it down as a weakness. superman is such a bitch that theres a chance vegeta wouldnt fight him seriously at all and only use some of his power.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

It does matter when the fight takes place though, as while Superman is pretty much a constant Vegeta is constantly increasing in power. I'd actually put the bar well before you did

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
christopher reeve isn't beating up anyone

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Darth123123 posted:

christopher reeve isn't beating up anyone

My heart goes out to the bereeved Margot Kidder

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

superman would just use his eye lasers on vegeta's nads

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Goku is a Superman knock off therefore Vegeta is General Zod. Superman beats General Zod all the time, so by the transitive property we know that Superman can beat Vegata.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

More importantly, whose haircut is dumber? Wolverine or Vegeta?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Davros1 posted:

Still Wolverine.

AngrySpork
Nov 9, 2003

The most powerful voice in gaming

Probably Magic posted:

Still Wolverine.

Gambit. I said it.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Davros1 posted:

Vegeta's hair be like "daddy I'm not tall enough" while Wolverine's hair be like "whoa I'm lost" so I'm gonna say Wolverine

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Superman would win the first say fifty-ish fights but since Supes won't kill, Vegeta would just keep getting that beaten up sajain power up and eventually kill Superman because Vegeta is willing to kill.

The same thing would happen with Goku v Superman but Goku wouldn't kill Superman in the end. He'd just go find somebody bigger to punch.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
No, because Superman would find a way to stop Vegeta without 'nearly killing him'. If Vegeta isn't killed/nearly killed, I don't think he'll get a Zenkai boost.

So, once Vegeta brags about "Oh, I get stronger every time I almost die!", Superman needs to rethink his strategy.

So, Superman talks to Muhammad Ali for pointers and the pair devises a means of putting Vegeta into a stalemate where he simply forces Vegeta to wear himself out after the first few rounds and then Superman can more gently knock out an exhausted Vegeta without having to subject him to enough force to put him into a near-death state..

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Superman is bad at cards

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
why not just shoot superman with a arrow/bullet made of kryptonite imo.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Are we talking current superman? Or silver age superman?

Because silver age superman would beat Vegeta.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

vegeta actually gets his rear end kicked by almost everyone he fights. rear end kicked by goku, Frieza, that Android chick, Majin Buu. Vegeta is a little bitch he probably couldn't even beat yamcha that's why he had to gently caress his girl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Calico Heart posted:

vegeta actually gets his rear end kicked by almost everyone he fights. rear end kicked by goku, Frieza, that Android chick, Majin Buu. Vegeta is a little bitch he probably couldn't even beat yamcha that's why he had to gently caress his girl

veg beta

• Locked thread