Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Aqua

In all honesty, Aqua more or less forgets about her question at this sudden revelation. She just blinks as she looks back and forth between mother and son. "Wait... what, mother? What? And you -left- him? WHAT?!"

As somebody that has made one of her goals in life to punch her father in the face should she ever meet him, this revelation is quite shocking and upsetting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Bart

The fight continues to go well in the Dragonblooded's favour.

Still Bart could feel himself slip a stone from a nearby display into his sling pouch as he watched the arrangement below.

Holding it...

Green Bean
May 3, 2009
Virtuous Saif

As Hibiki mentioned what the temple did, there was an infinitesimal moment where Saif's normally placid expression darkened, a brief storm cloud passing over the ocean. And then it was gone. "Well then, we are going to have words with some priests. Shall we?"

Saif glanced over at Aqua. "Also, to be fair, dear, it was less leaving and more banishment. And wandering mercenary life is not a terribly great way to raise a baby. That temple was supposed to give Hibiki a childhood and some money to track me down when he was older, but clearly there's some religious figures that don't value their limbs highly enough. Hibiki, on the way, you can tell me about this Vermillion Path, and if you do want to continue stealing things, I'll have to see about getting you an apprenticeship to a proper thief..."

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Aqua

Aqua takes a few moments to process that information. "... Oh... uh... I... guess that's..."

Crap. Words. She's not GOOD at words. Was Saif talking about hitting things?

"... Uh... you... want some help?"

Green Bean
May 3, 2009
Virtuous Saif

"Well, you did punch my son halfway across the market, so it'd be a good way to make it up to him. And you'll probably get to hit people who deserve it."

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Saif&Aqua:

The temple Saif left her son at is in a wealthier part of town, and as Saif leads the way on the quickest path there, the journey is suddenly interrupted; as they pass by a fancy, upper class teahouse, the door bursts open, flung open by the bulk of a large man sent flying - a man who will collide with the two dragonblooded if they're not quick! (Roll some Athletics)

Teahouse Trio:

Roll to Defend 3, takes a Severe Consequence Broken Bones.

Stalwart's blow sends Haukseilaa flying, straight out the door, but his cronies are quick to take up arms; there are five of them, fanning out to try to surround Stalwart. What do you do?

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Aqua

... OK, yeah, temple building are pretty impressive to look at.

Nexus 's own temple district is kinda marred by the fact that there are shops just outside of them (much like... anywhere with a lot of traffic in the city), and it's a cacophony of noise as a result. It can be a good spot to get a coin or some grub (in front of the right temple at the right moment anyway), but this place feels... calmer, even with all the people coming and going.

Well, at least until a big goon comes crashing out and towards them. Aqua flinches back basically by sheer instinct!

---

Athletics roll: 4dF+5 = 4

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Bart

That's enough of that I think. He decides to pick a target, someone who isn't looking at him directly. No one else is up on the upper floor with him.

He decides to pick the man with ghastly facial tattoos to be the receiver of his personal ire. And a rock.

He starts off with some lazy swings, slowly growing to rapidly twirling the stone around in his sling staff before he takes aim and let's it fly.

Beaning that unaware dude with a rock, 4dF+2 = 2

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Unbroken Stalwart (5/5)

Unbroken Stalwart is not particularly surprised when her victory doesn't end the fight. She pivots to face Haukseilaa's companions, adopting a defensive stance. As she does so, she catches sight of the man with the sling-staff winding up. Realizing he's aiming for her opponents, Unbroken Stalwart continues her motion, taking several steps quickly to the side. That should draw the enemy directly into her unexpected ally's line of fire.

Creating an advantage with Tactics. Got a 3. If that works, I create Flanked on the Zone. It can be invoked by others for +3, or I can invoke it reactively to pull aggro.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Mar 30, 2015

Green Bean
May 3, 2009
Virtuous Saif

Saif suppresses her natural inclination to draw her sword and bisect her way out of trouble. Instead, in a single smooth motion she tried to grab one of the flying man's limbs and redirect him 1) out of her and Hibiki's way, 2) out of Aqua's way, and 3) into something relatively soft. In descending order of priority.

Athletics: 4dF+5 5

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Raizel

"Hey, that's not fair!" Raziel rises from her seat when the Godblooded's goons take up the fight. "So much for Ritual Conflict!"

She steps up, her anima about to flare up.

"Alright, that's enough! You all lost, so get out!"

One can almost see the fire spit out of her words. Even if it comes out from a sorta squeaky voice.

I want to use Glowing Coal Radiance/Absolute Provoke to convince these mooks to get out of here! If not, I'll just hold my turn and be supportive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
So, I'm going to call an official end to this game, just in case anyone was still somehow hanging around and still enthused for this. Life got really busy, and I should have figured that this game was a goner a few weeks ago, but I guess I just really wanted to try and make things work. Sorry for wasting everyone's time.

• Locked thread