Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Think Thin!
Sep 17, 2006
didn't read the thread but using a cellphone to check what time it is is hella trashy

like, let me rummage through my pocket for my pleb pocketwatch that i received for 26 years of loyal service as a total shithead

o fuk now the rubbercasing has stuck to the inside of my pocket i sure hope this isnt urban code for murder my useless rear end

Educator
Feb 22, 2015
I have a desire to wear a watch. My Father wore a watch. I even have a sizable collection of watches, a few interesting Soviet era officer's watches and such. But the pull of nostalgia is not as strong as the pull of practicality. Time is displayed on virtually every device around me.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

BRJohnson posted:

I used to wear a watch but I took it off 'cuz it was a gift from a girl that I needed to get over (didn't work, it's been years and I'd still do anything to see her again).

My phone is a 10$ flip phone that I rarely have on my person so I don't usually get the time from that either.

There are many clocks on the wall at my job, and there's a clock display in my car. Those are the only places I really care what time it is, when I'm in literally any other place I don't much care what time it is beyond what I can tell from looking out the window.

BRJohnson's Next Job Interview [extract]
Interviewer: I notice you keep looking out the window Mr BRJohnson, do you find this interview rather confronting?
BRJohnson: I'm looking for the time, I don't have my 10$ flip phone on me.
Employer: It's 2:32.
BRJohnson: That's alright, I don't much care what time it is beyond what I can tell from looking out the window.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Feb 22, 2015

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Three Olives posted:

I wear a Fitbit Charge HR and either an Android Wear or Pebble every day so keep that in context. But yeah it is true, go to a bar in yuppieville and everyone is wearing Fitbits, Fitbits are basically a yuppie fashion accessory now. But I run so I deserve mine. :colbert:

yeah most the ppl that im referring to just do crossfit (ask me how i know). of course they're prob very useful if ur running everyday or do marathons and stuff, and really doubt those ppl would even care how many steps they took the other day much less share it

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Reverse Centaur posted:

My dad's been wearing a Seiko Digiborg every day since 1981 or so

People used to make fun of it, now they think it's super cool.

thaaats fuckin awesome

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Reverse Centaur posted:

My dad's been wearing a Seiko Digiborg every day since 1981 or so

People used to make fun of it, now they think it's super cool.

That looks like the watch Roger Moore wore in Octopussy.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
who the hell wears a watch

Posting this from my phone while in a bar im really cool I can tell the time on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
so how come nobody makes any straps that allow u to mount ur smart phone on ur wrist? million dollar idea there for free

• Locked thread