Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Pharmaskittle posted:

oh sweet baby child honey no, picadillys is alive and well here in the south :getin:
Alive maybe, but you can set your watch by their bankruptcy filings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

d0s posted:

golden corral is like flyover state sizzler, I've been there like 5 times and every time some crazy poo poo goes down idk what's up with that people get buck wild in there

I miss the Golden Corral thread. Also are Ponderosa's still around?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Vernii posted:

I miss the Golden Corral thread. Also are Ponderosa's still around?

yup

http://ponderosasteakhouses.com/

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

my family stopped at a sizzler once during a vacation. everything was so salty that after about a third of a plate my mouth was burning from all of the salt and i couldn't continue. the family next to us had a 400+ lb teenage daughter who repeatedly shoved food into her face as fast as she was capable of, threw up on the floor, took a minute to recover, then went back to the buffet for more food. her parents didn't think this was unusual and were kind of just "oh ha ha how cute" about the whole thing.

also every 20 minutes or so an employee would walk around the salad bar and use a spray bottle to mist everything with melted butter. who the gently caress butters lettuce

Ok none of that happened but that's cool

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Matey posted:

Ok none of that happened but that's cool

i can believe it if its in the midwest or something

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

Pharmaskittle posted:

oh sweet baby child honey no, picadillys is alive and well here in the south :getin:

My sister and her husband used to occasionally eat at Piccadilly Cafeteria but not anymore. You carry your tray through the line, you pick out your own items, you carry your tray of food to the table- it's a cafeteria, not a full service restaurant, right? You don't need to tip a server that only brings you your drink, right? Oh, honey. They noticed someone at another table tipping and realized they had been stiffing the waitstaff for years. She's feels so bad about it that she can't go back.

Interesting, Piccadilly now has an Emergency Services division that can roll in with a mobile kitchen following disasters.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

The Twinkie Czar posted:

My sister and her husband used to occasionally eat at Piccadilly Cafeteria but not anymore. You carry your tray through the line, you pick out your own items, you carry your tray of food to the table- it's a cafeteria, not a full service restaurant, right? You don't need to tip a server that only brings you your drink, right? Oh, honey. They noticed someone at another table tipping and realized they had been stiffing the waitstaff for years. She's feels so bad about it that she can't go back.

Interesting, Piccadilly now has an Emergency Services division that can roll in with a mobile kitchen following disasters.

Yeah I still leave a dollar or two at buffets and stuff since, while I am barely getting any table service, I know the staff are probably still dependant on tips since this is America. Especially at Chinese places since their waiters are probably doing even worse than the standard.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow

Halah posted:

The lone remaining York Steakhouse is a couple miles from my house and it hasn't changed one loving bit since the 70s - this is from yelp:

NO TIPPING PLEASE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2q-oZ-ELM0
Nothing like a Medieval themed Cafeteria Style Steak House owned by General Mills.

MullardEL34 fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Feb 23, 2015

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

MullardEL34 posted:

NO TIPPING PLEASE

I gently caress with that

Halah
Sep 1, 2003

Maybe just another light that shines

MullardEL34 posted:

NO TIPPING PLEASE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2q-oZ-ELM0
Nothing like a Medieval themed Cafeteria Style Steak House owned by General Mills.

Oh man, I remember that commercial!

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I would choose Chinese buffet over any of these places any day of the week.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, Queensland is the last bastion of Sizzlers: http://www.sizzler.com.au/restaurants

There are ten Sizzler restaurants withing a 30min drive of my house :suicide:

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
no, OP, and I have avatars off

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I would never set foot in a sizzler because they don't welcome you with big fat yeast rolls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j37XT2d5M3g

the steak in this ad makes me almost as uncomfortable as the dad

WE LIKE FOLKS LIKE YOU. COME INSIDE. NOTHING TO FEAR.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
That's Quincy's steak is a weird combination of realistic and overly perfect. And the hand that puts a cherry on the sundae dips a finger in the chocolate, ick.

Still, all these vintage ads make me wish I had a decent local place for cheap steak and giant, starchy sides.

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
When I was like 12 years old my dad and I where riding in the car when a radio commercial for Sizzler came on. My dad then said"I've never been to a sizzler, I don't think Ive ever seen one of those places around here". Just when he said that we stopped at a red light across the street from a Sizzler. That's my Sizzler story, Ive still never been to one though

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I remember eating at Ponderosa and Ground Round a lot as a kid. I don't think I've ever been to a Sizzler tho.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
Are we forgetting that Western Sizzlin exists or are we the types that call it Sizzler without knowing there's a difference?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

The Twinkie Czar posted:

Are we forgetting that Western Sizzlin exists or are we the types that call it Sizzler without knowing there's a difference?

My great aunts play bridge there every Tuesday and when I was around sixteen my mom made me go with them for some reason. That's one of my many awful Western Sizzlin stories.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

I have never seen a western sizzlin, or heard of it until now.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
That...Bull I guess, looks less than thrilled.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

RadioactiveKid posted:

When I was like 12 years old my dad and I where riding in the car when a radio commercial for Sizzler came on. My dad then said"I've never been to a sizzler, I don't think Ive ever seen one of those places around here". Just when he said that we stopped at a red light across the street from a Sizzler. That's my Sizzler story, Ive still never been to one though

imagine how different your life would have been if you stopped and ate there probably meet some crazy character thatd totally change your life heaps wow holy poo poo. have you ever seen the movies sliding doors or grand theft auto 5?

dog buttz posted:

My great aunts play bridge there every Tuesday and when I was around sixteen my mom made me go with them for some reason. That's one of my many awful Western Sizzlin stories.

you should do an ask/tell but how great are your aunts?

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

Joust posted:

That...Bull I guess, looks less than thrilled.

Nothing says good eating like a sickly, depressed cow.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
drat, mutha fucka lives in Cairns! drat!

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

redshirt posted:

drat, mutha fucka lives in Cairns! drat!

where the gently caress do you live?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

krampster2 posted:

where the gently caress do you live?

Not in Cairns or anywhere remotely like Cairns I'll tell you, that's for sure!

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

redshirt posted:

Not in Cairns or anywhere remotely like Cairns I'll tell you, that's for sure!

i grew up there btw i do not live there

i don't think you even live in australia

your jokes are dumb

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

krampster2 posted:

i grew up there btw i do not live there

i don't think you even live in australia

your jokes are dumb

Who's joking? Cairns is heaven.

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

redshirt posted:

Who's joking? Cairns is heaven.

for tourists

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

krampster2 posted:

for tourists

Oh I'm sure the day to day reality of living in a tropical paradise is intense.
Goondolences, friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

The Twinkie Czar posted:

Nothing says good eating like a sickly, depressed cow.

Moo

• Locked thread