Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Record live videos as you play. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Noooo last Civ LP that started going multiplayer just devolved into a bunch of videos. I like this LP with screenshots :(

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Siegkrow posted:

Noooo last Civ LP that started going multiplayer just devolved into a bunch of videos. I like this LP with screenshots :(

Isn't the screenshot LP basically complete? Unless OP decides to play Brazilia and showcase some warfare...

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
I have two plans. One is to show off some mods I like to use (probably as Brasilia, in fact), and the other is an MP game. Both will include screenshots. The MP game might also have a video, if I can figure out how to do that. I do have practice taking screenshots during MP though, thanks to the Crusader Kings HRE game.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I thought that conversation was just going to turn into the "I, Robot" discussion from Sealab 2021.

"Strength of five gorillas! But why so short?" "That's as big as they come!"

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
In case you missed it in the Steam group, I'm still working on my move, so the MP game isn't happening quite yet. Sorry goons.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Will you be making the post about half the dank game?

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
Good news everyone! The MP game has finally begun, with an uneasy stalemate among Brasilia (me), the African Union (berryjon/jonb), the PAC (Dmitri), and the Slavic Federation (not sure what SA screenname, but Unhappy Spider on Steam?). I'd wager we're about halfway through the game, and we should be able to finish it before too long. I have plenty of screenshots, though I'm not sure I'll be making a post just yet, so as not to give away anyone's Secrets. I'll be thinking/working on it tonight.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
And then my computer BSOD'd on me. Which sucks because I was recording my game, and the crash corrupted the 2h+ video file.

UnhappySpider
Apr 7, 2015

Count all the things!
My name is the same as on here. Aha!

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Gang up on your neighbor! no need to cooperate, just war! Honestly, i hate war, and i would have preferred if you found another target for it~ have me as an ally and we can avoid those unfortunate scenarios in the future.

UnhappySpider
Apr 7, 2015

Count all the things!
It is a Civ game though. You can't expect to have a strong economy to go unchallenged. I know it sucks to have people attack you but the situation wasn't lost from the get-go. Your capital was the strongest city (on par with jon's I believe) and you could have bounced back instead of hitting the eject button :saddowns:

berryjon
May 30, 2011

UnhappySpider posted:

It is a Civ game though. You can't expect to have a strong economy to go unchallenged. I know it sucks to have people attack you but the situation wasn't lost from the get-go. Your capital was the strongest city (on par with jon's I believe) and you could have bounced back instead of hitting the eject button :saddowns:

Surprise war is also why I keep a reserve of money. Ask Klingon what happened when he attacked one of my border cites for the resources.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

DmitriX posted:

Gang up on your neighbor! no need to cooperate, just war! Honestly, i hate war, and i would have preferred if you found another target for it~ have me as an ally and we can avoid those unfortunate scenarios in the future.
I imagine most defenders throughout history would have preferred another target for someone else's war too.

Game isn't quite done yet, but we made a lot of progress. Here's a sneak peak for the thread:

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

UnhappySpider posted:

If it was Just brasilia i would have remained, i can handle 1 guy... 2 of you? yeah i am not staying for baby-slaughter.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Brasilia's ability to heal faster makes its soldiers have way less down-time recharging after a fight.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
How goes the game?

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I had a plumbing disaster last week which prevented me from attending.

This week, we're setting on a slightly different time due to some other commitments this sunday.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
We decided to start a new game, since we realized that all of us were going Supremacy. While robots are the best, it would be more interesting to make this more of an ideological battle, I think. So now we've got Harmony ARC (me), Purity African Union (berryjon), and Supremacy Kavithan Protectorate (Unhappy Spider). I promise at least one kaiju vs. floating battleship vs. giant robot battle.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
'All of us went Supremacy' does seem to be a common theme of Beyond Earth multiplayer games.

The bonuses are just soooo goooooood.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Just finished my first game as Purity Brasila, with a domination win at turn 478. Not sure if I have a grip on city health just yet, can anyone recommend a good strategy resource?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Neruz posted:

'All of us went Supremacy' does seem to be a common theme of Beyond Earth multiplayer games.

The bonuses are just soooo goooooood.

I tend to gravitate towards Harmony just because I like blowing up alien nests and not dying when I go through miasma, but that Supremacy 3 free roads thing is pretty sweet.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Speedball posted:

I tend to gravitate towards Harmony just because I like blowing up alien nests and not dying when I go through miasma, but that Supremacy 3 free roads thing is pretty sweet.

Yeah even when you're going Harmony or Purity you still at the very least pick up enough Supremacy for free roads because free roads really is that good.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Wait, you played a NEW game and didn't invite me to your night of debauchery? Well you know what happens next then.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Neruz posted:

Yeah even when you're going Harmony or Purity you still at the very least pick up enough Supremacy for free roads because free roads really is that good.

I also always pick up at least Purity 2 from Vertical Farming. Industrial Ecology is also worth grabbing if you have time and were in that part of the web anyway.

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk
I see I might be a little too late to jump in on the multiplayer bandwagon. Shame.

Glad to see the main LP finished though, it was definitely an interesting run!

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Cythereal posted:

I also always pick up at least Purity 2 from Vertical Farming. Industrial Ecology is also worth grabbing if you have time and were in that part of the web anyway.

Vertical farms are amazingly good as well as the building that requires a few points of purity but give a lot of health in the mid game (gene vaults? gene garden?). Dipping a little into both supremacy and purity is a good idea.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I dont know posted:

Vertical farms are amazingly good as well as the building that requires a few points of purity but give a lot of health in the mid game (gene vaults? gene garden?). Dipping a little into both supremacy and purity is a good idea.

Gene Garden - Purity 2.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

I dont know posted:

Gene Gardens, which require Purity 2. Taking Vertical Farms alone gives you Purity 2. Another good combo I like is researching Transgenics fairly early, and using the Institute free tech to grab Artificial Evolution for the +1 science from farms.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

64bitrobot posted:

I see I might be a little too late to jump in on the multiplayer bandwagon. Shame.

Glad to see the main LP finished though, it was definitely an interesting run!
Thanks! And it might be too late to join the officially recorded game, but you and everyone else are welcome to join the Steam group and see if anyone wants to play other games: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/beyondawful
EDIT: I just made the group public.

Triskelli posted:

Just finished my first game as Purity Brasila, with a domination win at turn 478. Not sure if I have a grip on city health just yet, can anyone recommend a good strategy resource?
You can always join the aforementioned group and play with us. :getin:

Orbs fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jul 1, 2015

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk

Klingon w Bowl Cut posted:

Thanks! And it might be too late to join the officially recorded game, but you and everyone else are welcome to join the Steam group and see if anyone wants to play other games: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/beyondawful

You can always join the aforementioned group and play with us. :getin:

Sure, throw me an invite to the group! http://steamcommunity.com/id/64bitrobot

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Ohh, I get it now. You choose perks using diplomatic capital, but each of these perks involves other people interacting with you in some way. "I get 4 science per Agreement made with me, and that means people can make an agreement with me that cheapens leaf technologies for them." They make a deal that gets them something similar to the spirit of your perk in return for them paying you more diplo, and you use your diplo to either strengthen perks or choose new ones.

So instead of Civ V's religion being a buff that you spread around like a virus, this is a buff you trade with your buddies. That's... actually really a good idea. Up until now there was zero reason to cooperate with other players.

Speedball fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Aug 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Speedball posted:

Ohh, I get it now. You choose perks using diplomatic capital, but each of these perks involves other people interacting with you in some way. "I get 4 science per Agreement made with me, and that means people can make an agreement with me that cheapens leaf technologies for them." They make a deal that gets them something similar to the spirit of your perk in return for them paying you more diplo, and you use your diplo to either strengthen perks or choose new ones.

So instead of Civ V's religion being a buff that you spread around like a virus, this is a buff you trade with your buddies. That's... actually really a good idea. Up until now there was zero reason to cooperate with other players.

Uh, did you mean to post this in the games thread SpeedBall buddy? Because this seems to come outta left field for anyone reading this Lp thread. Uh, no offence meant.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

• Locked thread