Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
The forums are so much better if you navigate through the banlist

e: oops

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Feb 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
For a forum that isn't specifically for brain-damaged emotional retards, we sure do a steady business in them and they all sound remarkably alike

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Tujague posted:

For a forum that isn't specifically for brain-damaged emotional retards, we sure do a steady business in them and they all sound remarkably alike

thanks guy that has a my little pony avatar. It really means a lot comming from you.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

there are worse gimmicks

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
It is probably a truism that comedy develops around what a society has to hold secret.

Many times, when I read or view humor that dates back to the last century (and even up to the present day, in media, such as television, that are aimed at those whose tastes were formed in the 20th century), so much of it seems to be centered around matters such as sexuality (as well as race) that were greeted with something approaching nervous awe. It should also be noted that most 20th century jokes about blonde promiscuity or ambiguous objects in pockets were not really that funny: the humor of these jokes is not meant to be funny, but rather to serve as a shield to protect people against the awe that they held sexuality in, lest people be exposed to its naked might and respond like the nazis in Indiana Jones who were exposed to the opened ark.

Sexuality is now no longer held in awe, several decades of internet has jaded us, healthily and unhealthily, to every aspect of human sexual behavior.

It is interesting to me, then, that much of current humor, at least for many of us, the real issue that lies at the heart of humor is discourse itself. The big secret, hidden behind non-sequiturs and layers of irony, is that modernistic discourse is nonsense hidden behind sense. The nervous laughter of young people, (including those on this site) posting phrases that either make no sense or that sound rational but make less sense, is to both mask and unmask the secret that burns at the heart of our culture, as much as sexuality burned at the center of 20th century culture: that modernistic discourse, with its promise of total integration of all individuals into a metanarrative of acceptance, is an absurd shell game.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Flesh Forge posted:

there are worse gimmicks

not really.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

I'm trying, though, I'm trying.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I meant you, dumbass

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Flesh Forge posted:

I meant you, dumbass

gently caress you

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
idgi

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
I'll hand it to OP, it's actually been a while since I've seen a video with an edit for every sentence. That was every video a few years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
we are being ruled with an iron fist

• Locked thread