Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
one time I tried getting out of homework by staring determinedly at some papers in my binder and talking about how I was really worried about the artillery strike from north korea to south korea. I didn't get out of the homework but i'd gone too far to turn back so for the next hour I looked extremely angry about koreans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unassertive boy 99
Dec 7, 2014

by Ralp
Really really bad

unassertive boy 99
Dec 7, 2014

by Ralp
I shot up my school Columbine-style :D

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
sleeping in class, good grades, friends with lots of diff people, dating a bit, losing virginity, parties on the weekends, getting high, part time job. like everyone else i guess.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
This is always hard to explain...

I went to an alternative high school (and even then, what does that mean? It was like, "well-to-do hippy" alternative, not "burn out" alternative, but also a bit of the second), but for various reasons I didn't want to finish it, so right when I turned 16, I left. I got my GED and went to community college, although I didn't apply myself very much. At the age of 17, I dropped out of community college in the middle of the day to "run away" and stay with my friend in Arizona.

The funny thing about my teenage years is that I didn't do the typical thing. And that in some ways, I was way ahead of my peers: while they were trying to figure themselves in terms of cliques and rules, I was making decisions for myself, and figuring out how to sleep on a Greyhound bus. But in some ways, I was behind: I didn't kiss a girl or smoke marijuana until I was 20.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

RaceBannon posted:

sleeping in class, good grades, friends with lots of diff people, dating a bit, losing virginity, parties on the weekends, getting high, part time job. like everyone else i guess.

my high school experience included none of these things. you don't speak for me

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
"Peaked in High School Rob Lowe".

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

Cnut the Great posted:

my high school experience included none of these things. you don't speak for me

oh

Stik3
Jan 28, 2015

From President of the colonies to this.

I am Toni Lippi posted:

I slept through almost every class and partied every weekend. A living Hell

I slept through almost every class and stayed awake all night playing video games so that I could sleep through every class.
I considered it time management.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

third, someone who is "literally retarded" can't become a student at a top-5 law school (which I am)

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
I left my textbooks at home and crammed a pillow into my backpack, which made sleeping in class much more comfortable

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Like Guantanamo Bay, but with homework and exams.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
my memories of high school are somehow an even mix of fond and depressing

Educator
Feb 22, 2015
Mine were fine, really. I was bullied a lot for half of it, and for the other half I wasn't. It kind of averages out to okay, I guess.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
you can read all about it on my LJ/myspace, OP

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
I was a teenager in the 80s and was into computer programming and heavy metal. I didn't fit in with the geeks because of the metal, and I didn't fit in with the metalheads because of the geek. It kinda sucked.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
i cried a lot.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
Freshman and sophomore year were pretty standard. Played lots of video games, only had a couple friends but nobody picked on me like in middle school; otherwise pretty unremarkable. Junior and especially senior year were awesome. Started getting laid and ended up dating an incredible girl for years to come, had a car, had been accepted to my preferred university, had a really close group of friends yet was also friends with a lot of people from other social circles, and was the only person in my entire high school who knew how to buy research chemicals (this was early 2000s during an acid drought) so I was making mad cash and tripping all the time.

Those were truly some halcyon days of yore.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
I got hit in the head with a chair in the library in sophomore year.
Good times.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
Did experience a natural progression of style, skater ->punk->goth. Did speed in the school toilets, weed after school. Got called gay a thousand times by the jocks, still hosed a lot of bitches. good times.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
I played a lot of ultima online and didn't go to class much.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

runupon cracker posted:

I was a teenager in the 80s and was into computer programming and heavy metal. I didn't fit in with the geeks because of the metal, and I didn't fit in with the metalheads because of the geek. It kinda sucked.

Huh, I am of similar vintage and experienced no mismatch between computer geekery and heavy metal. In fact my loosely-defined group of dudes tended to be into at least four and usually all six of these things:

Metal
Martial arts
RPGs
Computers
Comic books and other nerdy literature
Girls (mostly theoretical for most of the timespan involved; eventually there was a gradual peeling-off of central members as they one by one began practicing the theory)

I did not experience any kind of sharply defined nerd/jock split -- some of the people who were into nerdy poo poo were also good at sports, some weren't, this did not define group allegiance except to the extent one automatically ended up spending time with others in the same sports. Drug use wasn't much of a thing in my neck of the woods at the time (only a few partook and I was not one), but underage drinking was (and I did partake in that, as most others did, but only now and then).

In short, high school was mostly OK even tough I was more socially awkward and introverted than average (it sure sucked a lot less than middle school when my social skills were even less developed).

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax
i made a series of small, twatty incisions on my left forearm and got some very bad grades

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

I was pretty crippling depressed and smoked/drank a lot. I guess that's still true but less so. Life's fairly OK now

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
highschool was fun. did just enough work and got into just enough trouble.

Screama
Nov 25, 2007
Yes, I am very cereal.
Went to a pretty good school, and I think being surrounded by smart, motivated peers prevented me from becoming either a total shut-in nerd or complete drop-kick. Did some drugs, drank, dated, got pretty average grades...which I guess I consider normal? I am still good friends with at least a dozen people from high school, with maybe a dozen others that I'll see a couple times a year at a party.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
my stepdad was the vice-principal, I couldn't get away with poo poo

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I stopped being a shut-in nerd and playing video games and wasted my time with poo poo like playing football and dating girls. Or skipping class to go to the movies with friends. Oh yeah, making & having friends too.

I'm back on the right path now, but I'll never get those years back.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I was on set crew for our high school production of the Odd Couple. We build a set based on a 1970s apartment which was cool.

Extra Large Marge fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Feb 23, 2015

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Lots of skipping classes and smoking weed

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Lots of skipping classes and smoking weed

sounds like you shoulda been skipping that weed and smoking those classes!!

hehahahahahahwhehehahahahahahaha haha hahahaha

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread
I was the guy who always made the jokes that made everyone else uncomfortable. I also had the 2nd worst gpa in my graduating class. Luckily my classmates were p cool and I had a decent enough time even though I didn't come anywhere close to getting laid.

The best part about highs chool is figuring out what doesn't work in life so you have something to go on then you reinvent yourself afterwards.

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
i just did drugs and didn't apply myself

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Glasgow Kiss posted:

i just did drugs and didn't apply myself

same plus i was a huge rear end in a top hat

GPF
Jul 20, 2000

Kidney Buddies
Oven Wrangler
High School was pre-penance for all the bad things I'm now doing as an adult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
I mean seriously, I was like the most popular kid ever. I won.

How things have changed...

• Locked thread