Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

captainoblivious posted:

Tamil, not Tamil Tiger, they aren't same thing. Despite their marxist leanings much of the Tiger leadership including Prabhakaran were deeply Hindu privately, and it is ignorant to suggest the civil war had no religious component. Sinhalese buddhist leadership were always the driving force behind oppression of Tamils ever since the British left as they felt the British preferred Hindus to Buddhists. Before the Tigers were even a thing Buddhist leaders were pushing Sri Lankan Tamils to leave Sri Lanka for Tamil India, and were actively a part of creating legislation that removed any agency the Tamil people had over their own farms and plantations. Now that same religious leadership has been promoting serious democratic and human rights violations even after the war ended. Everyone involved in this war was hosed up but I'm not sure why buddhism gets this free pass because a bunch of people decided it was cool before knowing anything about its history.

I had a feeling you knew more about this than me..very well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky
It's good.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

dk2m posted:

Bulking up + getting drunk + smoking dope + loving girls is all i need to be happy, gently caress is this buddhism pansy poo poo

thats one way to enlightenment friend. a tough road awaits you

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Stoatbringer posted:

Unlike everything else?

Nah, pretty much everything about reincarnation is absurd. Just like almost everything in every religion.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Dennis System posted:

Nah, pretty much everything about reincarnation is absurd. Just like almost everything in every religion.

only religion worth a dang is the dennis system imo

• Locked thread