Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Everyone on the spin off facebook group of the gamefaqs WWE Games Social Board I post on seems to be VERY upset that Sting isn't wrestling Undertaker. Sometimes I forget where I'm posting and forget who said what on what board, ha ha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Under the vegetable posted:

I feel like I'm the only person who thinks Sting vs Taker would be the lamest, most boring thing they could possibly do and would get a massive pop for the entrances and then kill the crowd stone dead as soon as an actual match started. Sting vs HHH might actually be entertaining since I assume it's just going to be Sting kicking out of a pedigree and HHH selling like he's being shot for everything Sting does, and I love trips' selling. The angle leading up to it is really dumb but the match itself will probably pop the crowd because they get to see Sting beat someone up who can actually bounce around like he's being beat up.

I'm sure you're not alone. In fact I'm sure there'd be a pretty divided opinion on it. Trust me, I have no illusions that Taker vs Sting would be a very strong match given the condition of both men. Its just tough for me to swallow that the Taker/Sting dream match that people talked about for the better part of 20 years FINALLY has a chance to happen and probably its only chance and instead the two broken down guys are being used in two other matches with absolutely no organic history or interest. Like, if they're too old to go then why are we wasting two spots on the card with them? For me I rather just watch one bad match that feeds a childhood dream than two mediocre matches that mean absolutely nothing.

But that's done to your own preferences, really, and if you never really cared for that "dream match" or maybe buy into Bray/Taker or HHH/Sting more than I do (which is to say, not one tiny bit) then you'll probably feel different.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Everyone on the spin off facebook group of the gamefaqs WWE Games Social Board

lol

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
I've known those guys for like 14 years, I can't let them go, hahaha. It's like the same 20 people and that's it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Everyone on the spin off facebook group of the gamefaqs WWE Games Social Board I post on seems to be VERY upset that Sting isn't wrestling Undertaker. Sometimes I forget where I'm posting and forget who said what on what board, ha ha.

People here may not be looking forward to 2015 Sting/HHH much, but we're certainly looking forward to it much more than we would 2015 Sting/Taker. All about perspective

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

spin off facebook group of the gamefaqs WWE Games Social Board

Well there's yer problem!

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

STAC Goat posted:

I'm sure you're not alone. In fact I'm sure there'd be a pretty divided opinion on it. Trust me, I have no illusions that Taker vs Sting would be a very strong match given the condition of both men. Its just tough for me to swallow that the Taker/Sting dream match that people talked about for the better part of 20 years FINALLY has a chance to happen and probably its only chance and instead the two broken down guys are being used in two other matches with absolutely no organic history or interest. Like, if they're too old to go then why are we wasting two spots on the card with them? For me I rather just watch one bad match that feeds a childhood dream than two mediocre matches that mean absolutely nothing.

But that's done to your own preferences, really, and if you never really cared for that "dream match" or maybe buy into Bray/Taker or HHH/Sting more than I do (which is to say, not one tiny bit) then you'll probably feel different.

I agree with pretty much every word of this. I have no illusions that Sting/Taker would actually be a good match, but I'd appreciate the build and the spectacle of it a whole hell of a lot more than what we're getting. HHH/Sting is a terrible feud so far and I'm not interested in that match in the slightest. Taker/Bray has only been Bray cutting dumb terrible promos and I already hate it. That match will likely be awful, too. If you're going to use these two old broken down men at least use them in the loving nostalgia pop dream match that people have been talking about for two literal decades. Not in two separate matches that are completely pointless bores.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Undertaker's too old to do promos anymore, he might hurt himself and miss Wrestlemania or something. The reason Bray's the only one building this whole feud by hand like it's some kind of casket is because of that.

Sting should be entirely silent and communicate only via bat. He'd never be able to carry the rotting corpse of Undertaker through a feud to Wrestlemania unless all he did was come out every Raw and point at the Titantron where it shows a picture of Undertaker, and WWE doesn't want to do that.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Shima Honnou posted:

Undertaker's too old to do promos anymore, he might hurt himself and miss Wrestlemania or something. The reason Bray's the only one building this whole feud by hand like it's some kind of casket is because of that.

Sting should be entirely silent and communicate only via bat. He'd never be able to carry the rotting corpse of Undertaker through a feud to Wrestlemania unless all he did was come out every Raw and point at the Titantron where it shows a picture of Undertaker, and WWE doesn't want to do that.

ITS UNDERTAKER

ITS A PICTURE OF THE UNDERTAKER

AND STING IS POINTING AT THE PICTURE OF THE UNDERTAKER

A PICTURE OF STING IS POINTING AT THE PICTURE OF THE UNDERT

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The ideal thing would have been Sting/Bray so he could get a little momentum and then Bray/Undertaker at Summerslam. There's no more streak, I'm not saying Wrestlemania doesn't need The Undertaker but post-streak it just isn't necessary. That would let Triple H/Sting go into Summerslam with a WCW feud or whatever half-rear end stuff they're trying to build around.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Honestly, I just want to see a bunch of Sting and Taker light and video and pyro shenanigan leading up to ONE face off. Basically the HHH/Taker build except with a guy who actually has an air of mystery and who a matchup I've been imagining in my mind for more years on this Earth than not. After that it could probably have the Sting/Hardy match and I wouldn't care.

Hell, I probably don't even need a match. They could literally build to a Wrestlemania Staring Contest and I think I'd get everything I wanted as long as the preceding weeks were filled with druids and rafters and bats and spooky videos and crows and fire and "REST IN PEACE" and all that other stuff.

But its just another year of HHH telling us how awesome and important he is and I just don't get it.

Taker/Sting Staring Contest.
HHH can find another way to stroke his ego. Maybe he could get his win back from Bryan.
Bray can do whatever because he's a massive jobber at this stage.

My inner child would be appeased.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Feb 24, 2015

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Taker and Sting should do a bunch of stuff like the build to Steiner vs HHH. Arm wrestling, push up contest, see who can turn the arena lights off the fastest

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

StarkRavingMad posted:

ITS UNDERTAKER

ITS A PICTURE OF THE UNDERTAKER

AND STING IS POINTING AT THE PICTURE OF THE UNDERTAKER

A PICTURE OF STING IS POINTING AT THE PICTURE OF THE UNDERT

Would far and away be the best build of Mania

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Shima Honnou posted:

those 40 people are trying to save that person from the same fate they suffered
Funny thing is, there's no saving to be done. In WWE threads nobody dies and nobody leaves. It's the same whinging and network cancellation threats week in week out

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
There's been steadily decreasing amounts of people posting in WWE threads so yeah people are quitting, there's no conspiracy.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Flameingblack posted:

There's been steadily decreasing amounts of people posting in WWE threads so yeah people are quitting, there's no conspiracy.

Are you sure about that? Perhaps we should send out The Ascension to decide.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
I thought Roman's reaction to the Bryan forced tag in was kind of cool. I kind of like Roman Reigns.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

beergod posted:

I thought Roman's reaction to the Bryan forced tag in was kind of cool. I kind of like Roman Reigns.

he has some charisma and potential, he's just green as gently caress and shouldn't be pushed this hard anywhere this soon

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

I've known those guys for like 14 years, I can't let them go, hahaha. It's like the same 20 people and that's it.

I think we all have "that one internet group".

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The only person to really blame for Sting/Taker not happening is Sting. Dude took way too long to decide that WWE is ok for him, and by then the only mobile Attitude Era wrestlers were HHH and Goldust.

What I'm saying is Sting/Goldust at Mania. There's still time to change plans!

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Charles Gnarwin posted:

The only person to really blame for Sting/Taker not happening is Sting. Dude took way too long to decide that WWE is ok for him, and by then the only mobile Attitude Era wrestlers were HHH and Goldust.

What I'm saying is Sting/Goldust at Mania. There's still time to change plans!

I can get down with a good, classic feud over something stupid like both of them wearing facepaint and that makes them rivals.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Shima Honnou posted:

I can get down with a good, classic feud over something stupid like both of them wearing facepaint and that makes them rivals.

Sting could even reach into his bag of classic promos and threaten to beat the gay out of him

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm the guy who doesn't mind the booking. Though, to be fair, watching all the reactions here is about 1/2 the enjoyment I get from wrestling, so keep on keeping on PSP. (The other half is Tyler Breeze's selfie stick)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Senerio posted:

I'm the guy who doesn't mind the booking. Though, to be fair, watching all the reactions here is about 1/2 the enjoyment I get from wrestling, so keep on keeping on PSP. (The other half is Tyler Breeze's selfie stick)
Sometimes it's not even the booking that irritates people, it's robbing us of matches we really want to see. Brock Lesner vs Daniel Bryan would have been such a great match we might not ever see if Brock chooses to go back to MMA after Wrestlemania and all we'll end up with is a lovely match with Roman Reigns so they can give him the John Cena push.

It wouldn't have mattered to me if Lesner/Bryan was for the IC title or the US Title, or no title at all, I just wanted to see the match on a big grand stage considering what kind of matches CM Punk and Kurt Angle could pull out of him. Daniel Bryan has a good grappling background and Lesner is an MMA fighter so what the two could have come up with between each other would have been a Five-Star classic.

Brock Lesner isn't a ring general and can't carry Roman Reigns the way that Daniel Bryan can. It's going to be two awkward big guys using power moves on each other with a whole lot of dead space while they sell.

• Locked thread