Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

I cancelled the Network because I realized the only thing I was consistently watching on it was NXT and I already had Hulu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

I refuse to sub the network because after taking forever to get it going in the UK they had the balls to charge double for it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Xerzes posted:

I'm pretty sure that was from a TNA writer, actually.

I'm almost positive it was WWE but there's no way I'm going to be able to find it.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Somebody give me a reason to watch raw tonight. Note that I haven't watched since december.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Fibby Boy posted:

Somebody give me a reason to watch raw tonight. Note that I haven't watched since december.

Jon Stewart is booked to appear?

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

It was a TNA writer, it was used as a point of comparison for why internet darlings don't get pushed.

OT question: does Hulu Plus still have ads, especially with criterion collection movies? I'm not gonna pay for ad breaks.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

How long ago did WWE disable comments on every single CM Punk video on their Youtube page?

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

maxallen posted:

It was a TNA writer, it was used as a point of comparison for why internet darlings don't get pushed.

OT question: does Hulu Plus still have ads, especially with criterion collection movies? I'm not gonna pay for ad breaks.

For TV shows, yes. It's usually 2-3 ad breaks with 1-3 short commercials.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

maxallen posted:

The Criterion Collection doesn't have ads because that's the only way they'd allow them to be put on Hulu.

Everything else still has ads. I don't understand this "I'm not paying for advertisements!!!" mentality when that's literally what everyone was doing with cable for decades. And Hulu's ad breaks at least tend to be shorter than cable.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Fibby Boy posted:

How do you feel about Roman Reigns? Do you like him? A lot?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

triplexpac posted:

WWE has a new DVD coming out: "The Road is Jericho"
What does that even mean?

Like this but for roads.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

I think this is the most apathy I've seen for a Wrestlemania in a long while.

I'm only excited to see a WrestleMania crowd boo a good guy. How sad is that?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Fibby Boy posted:

Sounds like Steph's gonna punish AJ

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

I think this is the most apathy I've seen for a Wrestlemania in a long while.

I felt that way a couple of years ago, and it was right in my backyard. At least this time I'm interested in how they'll cheer the main event

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

projecthalaxy posted:

Jon Stewart is booked to appear?

Good enough reason.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Brock might show up tonight, since he bailed on his last appearance and in theory WWE would still be owed a make up date from that.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

I went to the Raw taping for last show of 2014 and it turned out to be a pretty good one, between the Usos winning the tag titles, the Ascension debuting, E&C hosting, and an actual Lesnar sighting.

Smackdown is taping here tomorrow night and I couldn't give a gently caress less.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

I'm excited for Wrestlemania, just because I'm always excited for Wrestlemania each year at this time. I love the atmosphere, the special massive set, outdoor arenas like this years, all the preshows, the hall of fame, and all that.

The card? Yeah, it kinda has me meh. Everything else though? :allears:

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
last year's wrestlemania seemed like the birth of a new era. a crazy-over new top guy, cena not champion or in the main event, the streak broken, new guys going over old guys. this one seems like we'll get Camoan Cena against everybody's will and that will be all that's new

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
If Sting vs. Hunter is a Bat Match, do you think they could get Adam West to guest ref?

Cultlife
Jan 1, 2012

Vertical Lime posted:

Sounds like Steph's gonna punish AJ

'You want a chance? Here's your chance. The whole DIvas roster depends on you.

You've got 20 minutes for your match tonight. Against Eva Marie.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Writer Cath posted:

If Sting vs. Hunter is a Bat Match, do you think they could get Adam West to guest ref?

"I keep hearing these kids love Batman? Get me Adam West and Burt Ward damnit!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cultlife posted:

'You want a chance? Here's your chance. The whole DIvas roster depends on you.

You've got 20 minutes for your match tonight. Against Eva Marie.

"Okay, just follow my lead for 20 minutes, I'll guide you through this match and get us both over. Literally the only thing you need to do at the end is weakly flop your arm over my chest to get the pinfall. That's all you have to do. That is it."
The other wrestler blows that spot.

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

The skies are always sunny in the heart of flavor country.

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

"I keep hearing these kids love Batman? Get me Adam West and Burt Ward damnit!"

West has some appeal to the young folks thanks to Family Guy, better to get whoever played him in the 80's or something.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Bill DeMott's trending on twitter right now because of this.

It's a lot of stuff I feel like I've heard about before - "Bill DeMott sounds like human garbage" - but it's picking up some traction this time. Too long to dump it into a quote here, but worth a look.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gnome Enthusiast posted:

West has some appeal to the young folks thanks to Family Guy, better to get whoever played him in the 80's or something.

Yeah that guy is irrelevant.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

Yeah that guy is irrelevant.

He didn't even win the Oscar this year!

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Mar 3, 2015

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Karma Tornado posted:

Bill DeMott's trending on twitter right now because of this.

It's a lot of stuff I feel like I've heard about before - "Bill DeMott sounds like human garbage" - but it's picking up some traction this time. Too long to dump it into a quote here, but worth a look.
Going to hurt people's perception of HHH too since he personally hired DeMott and doesn't he actually have a live feed to the Performance Center so he actually sees what goes on during practice?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Confirmed during the preshow is the Seth Rollins Daily Show

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

I could see Vince trying book Michael Keaton for some unironic Batman stunt while being completely unaware he was up for a Best Actor this year, actually.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Baby Babbeh posted:

I could see Vince trying book Michael Keaton for some unironic Batman stunt while being completely unaware he was up for a Best Actor this year, actually.

Vince will ask Keaton if he'd like to promote his newest film, Multiplicity.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

The Daily Show with Seth Rollins has a nice fuckin' ring to it.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Vertical Lime posted:

I hope it features him doing his stupid "Eheheheh" heel laugh over the suffering of others.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Vertical Lime posted:

With special correspondent Bad News Barrett.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Jay 2K Winger posted:

With special correspondent Bad News Barrett.

I would kill for the Barrett Report

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

21 Hoot Salute posted:

The Daily Show with Seth Rollins has a nice fuckin' ring to it.
That familiar cadence for a name probably works well in wrestling/showbiz for some psychological reason:
SETH ROLLins
JON STEWart
STEVE AUStin
HULK HOgan
JOHN CEna
BROCK LESnar
DEAN AMbrose
MICK FOLey

etc.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Baby Babbeh posted:

Nah he would have Keaton come up to promote his film Night Shift

Michael Keaton was robbed off the best actor :negative: All because some British jagoff could pretend he had ALS well :argh:

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
i would like to see a daily show format raw

john stewart: hello welcome to the daily show i am jhon ctewart. triple h is in the news again for denying that wwe is biased towards big wrestlers.
triple h clip: michael cole, i am not biased toward big wrestlers.
stewart: let's go to the tape.
triple h clip 2013: dianel bryan you will never be big enough!!
stewart: uh-whaaaa???

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Is someone making a Raw thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Court Bauer claims one thing Bork is mad about is that they don't sell his merch on the road.

I like to imagine that he's off the road so much that he didn't even notice until last week.

• Locked thread