Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

its also why ill never understand how people find taledega nights funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

true, ferrell as a loud moron isn't funny unless its actually subversive in intent rather than just for cheap laughs

janeane garofalo was only on it for a bit but she was a stone fox

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

His character Ashley Schaffer from eastbound and down is incredible.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Blue Raider posted:

its also why ill never understand how people find taledega nights funny

Talladega Nights was painfully bad. I mean maybe it means more if you come from one of those flyover states where the cultural satire might feel a bit more on-point, but even on release it just felt like mean-spirited heartland stereotypes cut with Will Ferrell being a dumb poo poo. Ferrell and Reilly have rarely been worse.

albany academy posted:

janeane garofalo was only on it for a bit but she was a stone fox

She really was. She was in that Goldilocks zone of being able to look totally independent, approachable, and not so hot or vapid that she'd be lazy in the sack. She also looked like one of those girls who can not shut up about how poly relationships are the only kind that can contain her sexual appetite, but that often comes with being in the Goldilocks zone and having loads of satisfying sexual options. She's also like the spiritual mother of TrollX/Tumblr-style girls though so some types of Goons reflexively want to gut her and put her head on a pike.

mind the walrus fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Feb 25, 2015

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD
spade was super funny on the norm macdonald podcast during the summer

the entire norm macdonald video podcast thing is goddam hilarious, in any case

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Tiny Lowtax posted:

That was Pauly Shore

More like Pauly Whore

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

speaking of reilley, dewey cox was atrocious except for 3 parts: jack white as elvis, the bob dylan bit and tim meadows response to it, and eddie veders soliloquy

those were three legit hilarious parts of a very bad movie

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

What were you smoking, Walk Hard was very solid. Nothing amazing, but it spoofs Musical Bio-Pics perfectly.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

mind the walrus posted:

What were you smoking, Walk Hard was very solid. Nothing amazing, but it spoofs Musical Bio-Pics perfectly.

it just tried too hard if memory serves

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I know what you mean, but honestly if they weren't swinging for the fences the whole thing would have come off like one of those awful "Meet the Spartans" spoofs that were popular around the same time.

Secret Agent X23
May 11, 2005

Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore.

FizFashizzle posted:

Just Shoot Me had its moments tbqh

I went through a period of faithfully watching. And the frustrating thing was that I couldn't figure out why. I mean, it's not like it was the worst thing ever on TV, but I couldn't really figure out what was good about it.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

David Spade wasn't supposed to be funny I don't think. He was the "straight man" that other wacky characters played off or the dickish guy with snide one liners. He's done pretty good for himself considering.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Walk Hard is legit good and the director's cut/extended version is even better. Y'all are crazy

RennZero
Oct 10, 2007

"Get in."

a large trout posted:

tom green is canadian I think

He said all comedians are Canadian, not all Canadians are comedians...

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

mind the walrus posted:

Yeah much like how Steve Guttenberg and Ted Danson only could have been popular in the 80s, Burt Reynolds only could have been big in the 70s, and so on David Spade was one of those guys who only could have been big when he was (especially with a partner like Farley).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umgUDUxHKfY

also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMoJA30WF84

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Feb 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 252 days!)

A misanthrope posted:

People lose touch and generally just start sucking as they get older. Lorne Michaels had a talent for finding funny people. That talent is slipping.

Yeah well..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE_9CzLCbkY

Porlandia did one funny thing in 5 seasons. Has SNL? :colbert:

• Locked thread