Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
How did the evil sultan on the boat at the end of Taken know that Liam Neeson's daughter was telling the truth about being a virgin and thus willingly pay all that money for her? Did she tell them and they just believed it? And I know someone is gonna say that they checked for a hymen but at the beginning of the movie they mention she enjoys horse-riding supplied by her rich stepfather. And don't even try to say it was because she was white and American because her and the friend were pretty much equally attractive and the friend got carted off to some kind of camp where she was raped to death or something??

Basically I just don't know what to feel about the first Taken anymore :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

why did that stupid movie puss out of showing us blood and gore as Qui-Gonn Al-Ghul kills sex slavers?

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
it's a good movie if you don't think about it AT ALL

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Not_Rainbow_Horse posted:

it's a good movie if you don't think about it AT ALL

I just love how the only dude that really gives him any trouble at is the Sultan dude's bodygaurd and he only lasts like all of twenty seconds.

But yeah, I mean if you think about it, hot 18 year old white girls don't follow U2 around Europe. They don't even listen to U2.

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
honestly, my favorite part is when he's getting chased out of that construction site and the bad dudes are in a car next to him with gently caress off SMGs just BLASTING at him but not one of the loving bullets even grazed him. they are like 4 or 5 feet away shooting hundreds of bullets but not one makes any sort of contact.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Not_Rainbow_Horse posted:

honestly, my favorite part is when he's getting chased out of that construction site and the bad dudes are in a car next to him with gently caress off SMGs just BLASTING at him but not one of the loving bullets even grazed him. they are like 4 or 5 feet away shooting hundreds of bullets but not one makes any sort of contact.

short barrel PDW's? Full auto? Seems about right to me imo lol

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

also i'll buy plat for anyone who can actually remember liam neeson's character's name without looking it up on imdb or wikipedia

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
The best part of taken is where he shoots the French intelligence dudes wife to prove that he's not loving around

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Crow_Rodeo posted:

But yeah, I mean if you think about it, hot 18 year old white girls don't follow U2 around Europe. They don't even listen to U2.

is this a literal plot point?

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead

Wolfsheim posted:

also i'll buy plat for anyone who can actually remember liam neeson's character's name without looking it up on imdb or wikipedia

Trick question. Neeson played himself.

DenizenKane
Nov 6, 2013

Please. Go on.

Wolfsheim posted:

Brian Mills

gently caress y'all already have platinum

EDIT: Orkin was close, give him platinum

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
gaydolf hitlerimjob

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Crow_Rodeo posted:

i forgot about that :laffo:

maybe the movie takes place in the early 90s

DenizenKane posted:

Brian Mills

gently caress y'all already have platinum

does it feel good, being a liar

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

didnt his daughter die on the island anyway?

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Wolfsheim posted:

easy, the character name was John Bob Bronson

DenizenKane
Nov 6, 2013

Please. Go on.

Wolfsheim posted:

i forgot about that :laffo:

maybe the movie takes place in the early 90s

does it feel good, being a liar

lol @ people who can't remember the names of movie characters

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
it's a better movie than american sniper.

also they're making taken 4 but with a son instead of a daughter it's called run all night and it looks amazeballs

naem
May 29, 2011

It was one of those surprise good movies, it turned out to be really simple and entertaining and made money etc so of course they're going to make 12 of them now

In # 9 a fat Jeremy Renner will replace Liam neison, then it will get rebooted with a cast of 20 year olds and set in WW2 with no explanation, then when that one does bad financially Liam neesin comes back to team up with the 20 year olds in a time travel plot like they did with xmen

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Gravy Boat 2k
This thread goes places

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

naem posted:

It was one of those surprise good movies, it turned out to be really simple and entertaining and made money etc so of course they're going to make 12 of them now

In # 9 a fat Jeremy Renner will replace Liam neison, then it will get rebooted with a cast of 20 year olds and set in WW2 with no explanation, then when that one does bad financially Liam neesin comes back to team up with the 20 year olds in a time travel plot like they did with xmen

also one where you cant really have a sequel but the genius of the movie makers proved me wrong on that one, each new instalment is better than the latest. xenya onatopp wasnt in the last one but thats ok

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

spacemang_spliff posted:

it's a better movie than american sniper.

also they're making taken 4 but with a son instead of a daughter it's called run all night and it looks amazeballs

Is this real

I never saw the taken sequels, I don't know what's real

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
naem leeson hehehah

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

BIG BOY EXPO 2K posted:

is this a literal plot point?

yes

naem posted:

the new saw franchise

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
never saw it hehehaha

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Having liam neeson headshot and kung fu kick evil white girl kidnapping foreigners is good movie premise.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

lawl these movies are somehow even dumber than i thought they would be then

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I don't think they cared about U2 Hoey McHoerson just wanted an excuse to party and travel around and bang every type of European dude

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

there was some dude who famously called him "lame neeson."

and then he was found dead on the morning of April 2nd 2012.

naem
May 29, 2011

Disney buys the rights in 2020 and renames Epcot center Liam Neason Murder Zone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Wolfsheim posted:

How did the evil sultan on the boat at the end of Taken know that Liam Neeson's daughter was telling the truth about being a virgin and thus willingly pay all that money for her? Did she tell them and they just believed it? And I know someone is gonna say that they checked for a hymen but at the beginning of the movie they mention she enjoys horse-riding supplied by her rich stepfather. And don't even try to say it was because she was white and American because her and the friend were pretty much equally attractive and the friend got carted off to some kind of camp where she was raped to death or something??

Basically I just don't know what to feel about the first Taken anymore :(

btiches who ride horses are cray cray later in life

• Locked thread