Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Old Greg
Jun 16, 2008
Thanks for the amazing fun Leave! I always love Chrono Trigger LPs for the conversations they inspire in-thread, and this was no exception, but you really spiced up a lot of the dull bits (Lost Sanctum was 95% of the dull bits, the sneaking in Lucca's Vortice the other bit).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

This was thoroughly enjoyable, Leave. Do more.

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.

Glazius posted:

Well, done, Leave.

Though I'm kind of surprised they don't have another developers' room or something in the remake for the people who worked on the port.
Maybe there was one room but it got lost. A lost sanctuary, if you want. And then nobody bothered to search for it.

Great LP and thanks for all the video game nostalgia.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
In appreciation for completing the LP, I give you my awful art contest entry. It's very :effort: because I drew it on my phone.

I was inspired by Marle looking just like Leene, and also this portrait of Charles II of Spain, famous example of royal inbreeding.

Unfortunately when I started looking at copying Akira Toriyama's style, I realized his proportions are already kinda hosed up. I tried to make Marle look like she's her own grandma but it ended up just looking like typical bad anime. Oh well.

Congrats Leave!

ParanoidLogician
Jul 24, 2012

Where did the punster go when he was defeated? The "punitentiary"!
It's all over huh? Well, it was bound to happen just didn't think it would have been so soon. I'm glad I got to see you solo Lavos though, tried it myself a while ago but I kept messing up. Of course, that's because I forgot about using Luminaire during the second part to try and get rid of the arms as fast as possible. Think I'll go try my hand at that again. It's been a ride as always Leave, looking forward to your next LP.

Oh, before I forget.

gently caress YEAH, JANUS!

The last time I'll be able to say that and have it be relevant.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Just wanted to say bravo, Leave. I had to play catch-up with the thread a bunch of times when I moved / went on vacation / did FJF for days on end, but it's an excellent LP of a game I know and love. Your commentary was always great.

Also Team Marle forever :colbert:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
An enjoyable romp through an old favourite. Much obliged, Leave. I will say that every time I read "Let's bounce" I get this running through my head...

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008
I don't think I've ever got the Memory Lane ending before. It's very... dirty.
Congrats on finishing the LP, Leave!

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Great LP of the best game of that era. Thanks, Leave.

AutistTree
Mar 28, 2010
Thanks for the great LP and all the work you put into it!

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Any Double and Triple Techs missing from the LP can be viewed here. Thx to ballerscuba.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1M-xr9hpe0

Thanks again to Leave for the LP!

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
In case you haven't noticed, I started a new LP thread!

Click here to see it!

FluffySquirrel
Oct 26, 2010
Finished catching up just in time to say how great an LP that was by the looks of it, thanks Leave.

Was interesting to see DS version. Not always for the better, mind, but your comments made it more bearable

Was my first time seeing memory lane too I think.. I'm pretty sure I'd have remembered Marle and Lucca perving on all of time

Ah, I knew I wasn't imagining it, there was one ending where Marle and Crono went on a balloon ride together.. did I miss that in the list of them, or is it just an alternate of one of the others if epoch was destroyed at the time?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

FluffySquirrel posted:

Ah, I knew I wasn't imagining it, there was one ending where Marle and Crono went on a balloon ride together.. did I miss that in the list of them, or is it just an alternate of one of the others if epoch was destroyed at the time?

That's what you get if you blow the Epoch.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Excellent LP of a great game. Some of those endings I don't remember at all, but I definitely remember the froggy royal family. Marle and Lucca perving on history was amazing. The whole "I don't know if I like the idea of a guy known for being fast" was a hilarious and I'm amazed it got past the Nintendo censors.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

:ducksiren:ART CONTEST RESULTS:ducksiren:

Hey, there, everybody! For the final contest in this thread, I'm going to go ahead and post the results. Silver_Falcon is on vacation, so she didn't weigh in, but Keeshhound and Explosionface did. Without further ado, here are the results!

First Place: Peterjmatt, with his submission of Chrono's Angels!

Second Place: Daigerus, with his submission of Robo bashing Gato's poo poo in!

Third Place: Anoia, with her portrait of Marle!

For you first and second place winners, you can contact me via Skype, Steam, or AIM, with my username here being the same as on those. As soon as you contact me, we'll work out what your prizes are!

Congratulations!

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
So yeah, I've been pretty busy with work and am about to go on vacation, so I'll talk about Crimson Echoes and Prophet's Guile in an upcoming thread.

Yes, I am going to LP Crimson Echoes.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

So yeah, I've been pretty busy with work and am about to go on vacation, so I'll talk about Crimson Echoes and Prophet's Guile in an upcoming thread.

Yay! Please leave a link here? I have so much trouble finding LPs.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Silegna posted:

Yay! Please leave a link here? I have so much trouble finding LPs.

That's why you need to have the new LPs thread bookmarked. Or just use the rss in a reader if you want a notification whenever a new thread is made in this subforum: http://cygnustm.net/sarss/lp.rss

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

That doesn't violate your C&D orders?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Carbon dioxide posted:

Or just use the rss in a reader if you want a notification whenever a new thread is made in this subforum: http://cygnustm.net/sarss/lp.rss

I use IFTTT to send me an Android Alert when there's a new LP. It can also do iOS Alerts. Here's my IFTTT Recipe.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

Choco1980 posted:

That doesn't violate your C&D orders?

Given the amount of LPs of it up videowise on YouTube, probably not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

It just occurred to me that some of the winners of our art contest haven't yet contacted me about getting their prizes. Please do that as soon as you can; I'm sure you'd like some compensation for making some great artwork!

• Locked thread