Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Texibus
May 18, 2008
Problem description: I can not get my etnernet drivers to work. I just recently built a new system with the Asrock Z97 ITX board and the drivers included will only get the WLAN working not the LAN, it appears the Ethernet controller keeps ending up in device manager, don't know why.

Attempted fixes: I've attempted to download all the drivers I can from AsROCk

Recent changes: Brand new system, but when I upgraded from 7 to 8.1 could not use ethernet anymore, just the WIFI

--

Operating system: Windows 8.1 Pro

System specs: Custom Build machine here is the part list:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($211.98 @ Micro Center)
Motherboard: ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard ($116.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($63.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card ($309.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Thermaltake Core V1 Mini ITX Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($104.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($87.75 @ OutletPC)

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes, multiple times and I'm a dumb baby and can't figure it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Just to be perfectly clear, the ethernet had been working fine under Windows 7, right?

Is your BIOS the current version (if you have been going to the ASRock site I assume they are).

Since the drivers on the ASRock site are about a year out of date you might have better luck going to the Intel website and downloading your LAN drivers from there.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
It was working with windows 7, but I was only using windows 7 for about 15 minutes while I downloaded windows 8 to upgrade to windows 8.1. I couldn't have picked a worst way to get my system to 8.1.

I'm not sure I'd know which version of BIOS I have or if it's up to date, but I did install all the other drivers when I loaded the windows 7, which drivers from Intel should I grab?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

A quick search leads to this:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/21642/Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-8-

You could also try right-clicking the ethernet controller in Device Manager and tell Windows to update driver - it might find a suitable one on its own, too.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Unfortunately, it didn't when I tried that with high hopes for 8.1. I'll try that one, thanks man.

Edit: It worked! Thanks man, you're a gem.

Texibus fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Mar 2, 2015

• Locked thread