Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

EmmyOk posted:

Probably not it's not hard to explain but why it's funny is. There are a few Irish people in the thread though who may not have seen it so that's why I posted it. God bless

Thanks for the passive aggressive non-post (see what I'm doing). I'll go out on a whim and guess its a jersey from a rival sports team to conor's which sounds incredibly funny and hard to explain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I like Conor's outfit

Also I guess that rumor of a Monster deal was true, i might be behind on that though

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

EmmyOk posted:

Aldo called himself King of Dublin, McGregor grabbed the belt from him. Crowd going ballistic

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/3/31/8320463/conor-mcgregor-steals-title-belt-from-jose-aldo-at-dublin-press

That was awesome, MMA needs to stop pretending that it's a sport and give us more of this stuff.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
I've watched very little, close to none of the pre-fight hype media. If you're feeling oversaturated its your own drat fault.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Xguard86 posted:

I've watched very little, close to none of the pre-fight hype media. If you're feeling oversaturated its your own drat fault.

Wake me up when they get to embedded #142 for this event

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
To paraphrase Shakespeare " The fights the thing." And to quote the rock "Don't just sing it, bring it!" And to quote R.R.s tank top "The prince of a proud warrior race, enjoying an aggressive rear end pounding by a lowly Namikian?! Impossible!"

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Trast posted:

Jones is a really talented fighter who could probably take down an older and slower JDS. At no point did I say Jones would kill him like some people are implying. I just said he'd have a chance.

Cain was 11 for 33 on takedowns in the second fight, 2 for 13 in the third. Stipe was 1 for 18. What those fights showed is that you can use the threat of the takedown to force JDS to exchange in the pocket. Velasquez, being insanely brutal at that range, beat the piss out of him from there. Stipe, not so much--he got outstruck in every round anyway and lost the scorecards 49-46. This wouldn't really work for Jones, either, because that's his weakest striking distance and Junior would probably kill him in boxing exchanges.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
He'd for sure lose since he's worse at fighting than Jon Jones.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Seltzer posted:

Thanks for the passive aggressive non-post (see what I'm doing). I'll go out on a whim and guess its a jersey from a rival sports team to conor's which sounds incredibly funny and hard to explain.

I'm not sure why you're pursuing this so much. It's not really thatl, Mayo and Dublin don't have a much rivalry if any at all. GAA jerseys are oddly ubiquitous for such a small niche sport and they show up in very unusual places. Or when sports stars show up over here they are pressed into wearing one. Considering GAA culture and how integral the GAA streotype is in Ireland it's quite funny seeing a random jersey that's not even related to McGregor (in Toronto even, not Ireland). Without being immersed in the culture it is hard for an outsider to see why that is a very 'Irish' and funny thing to see. So I simply said non-Irish people would probably have no interest in clicking the link.

I am deeply sorry this upset your sweet disposition and it will never happen again, Officer. I hope that we can go back to being best pals.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

EvanSchenck posted:

Cain was 11 for 33 on takedowns in the second fight, 2 for 13 in the third. Stipe was 1 for 18. What those fights showed is that you can use the threat of the takedown to force JDS to exchange in the pocket. Velasquez, being insanely brutal at that range, beat the piss out of him from there. Stipe, not so much--he got outstruck in every round anyway and lost the scorecards 49-46. This wouldn't really work for Jones, either, because that's his weakest striking distance and Junior would probably kill him in boxing exchanges.

In the pocket might be the worst area of Jones' standup, but that doesn't mean he's bad there. He's able to throw elbows and spinning poo poo from close range in a way that no other fighter seems to have figured out. It might be unconventional inside fighting, but it works for him and it's unlikely JDS has faced a style like that before.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Did I just read a post that said Junior Dos Santos hasnt fought anyone inside

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

This isn't bellator people all the fights take place inside.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Based on Cormier's success with the uppercut, JDS night be able to decapitate Bones with the right shot. Unfortunately, Jon Jones is possibly the most supremely talented athlete MMA has ever seen, so the fight would just end with more broken dreams and a ruined Junior.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
It'd be a really cool fight regardless. Neither guy has fought anyone like the other.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
JDS has beaten the piss out of everyone he's fought in the UFC except Cain, and he knocked him out once.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
JDS has the best resume of anyone and might be the greatest heavyweight aside from Cain, who he knocked out once.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

Droopy Goines posted:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/3/31/8320463/conor-mcgregor-steals-title-belt-from-jose-aldo-at-dublin-press

That was awesome, MMA needs to stop pretending that it's a sport and give us more of this stuff.

It wouldn't be nearly as cool if MMA was fake.

GRBass
Apr 25, 2008
The worst part of the Aldo McGregor sideshow is reading how loving whiney the fanbase of MMA is. I can only imagine if the internet was around while Ali was bothering Frazier during his training camps and calling him a gorilla and poo poo,

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Bundt Cake posted:

Did I just read a post that said Junior Dos Santos hasnt fought anyone inside

No, I said jds hasn't fought anyone who uses the sort of unconventional techniques on the inside that Jones does.

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012
Hahahaha wow that press conference is a loving poo poo storm. I'm not hugely concerned either way it goes but I would kinda love to see Conor get destroyed in front of that crowd.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

-Atom- posted:

JDS has the best resume of anyone and might be the greatest heavyweight aside from Cain, who he knocked out once.

Honestly his resume is better then cain's, but obviously je's behind him from head to head.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
He's this generation's Big Nog to Cain's Fedor

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

Hopefully Werdum submits Cain, so JDS can be champ again.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Dangersim posted:

Honestly his resume is better then cain's, but obviously je's behind him from head to head.

Cain would probably have a better resume if he didn't break every year. JDS keeps active-ish. All things considered Cain is a favourite against everyone, and JDS is a favourite against everyone except Cain so it's pretty much a wash.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

I thought these were press conferences? Did they accidently hold this at half time of a Cork Football game?

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Not that I'm complaining because there is something magical about waking up on a Saturday morning and watching fights while eating breakfest, but why is the card on Saturday so early? Apologies if it's been covered already.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Ty1990 posted:

Not that I'm complaining because there is something magical about waking up on a Saturday morning and watching fights while eating breakfest, but why is the card on Saturday so early? Apologies if it's been covered already.

Presumably so as not to go head-to-head with the Final Four.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

attackmole posted:

Cain would probably have a better resume if he didn't break every year. JDS keeps active-ish. All things considered Cain is a favourite against everyone, and JDS is a favourite against everyone except Cain so it's pretty much a wash.

It's kind of like GSP and Fitch, Fitch was the perennial #1 contender and wrestle everyone into a living death before they could get a shot at GSP, but he always got styled on by GSP.

Cain's fought 5 times since 2011, against the same 2 people, JDS and Bigfoot Silva. His last fight was at the end of 2013. He makes a strong case for stripping inactive champions, especially when HW is a supposed to be the marquis division.

This video of him doing 50 reps of high-speed fully loaded knee extensions is a great visual explanation of why he's injured all the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAgFHS8HOLY

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

Dangersim posted:

Why did he have to murder so many people before getting a title shot?Someone made a chart recently and I think he holds the record for most wins before fighting for a UFC title. Especially odd when his first win was Werdum.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

red19fire posted:

It's kind of like GSP and Fitch, Fitch was the perennial #1 contender and wrestle everyone into a living death before they could get a shot at GSP, but he always got styled on by GSP.

"Always" being precisely Once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
I was thinking about "The Life and Deaths of Vitor Belfort" but he doesn't fight until May so http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3710211

• Locked thread