Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

apostateCourier posted:

The difference is that illuminate scouts don't take anti-tank munitions to kill!
Everyone complains about the Illuminate walls but the real bullshit is IFVs sending up alert flares with no wind-up the second they enter the screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Insert name here posted:

Everyone complains about the Illuminate walls but the real bullshit is IFVs sending up alert flares with no wind-up the second they enter the screen

those don't kill you instantly and can be countered by running the gently caress away

which you do a lot of in all higher difficulty levels anyway

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

Coolguye posted:

There is no defense against photon walls, and the warm up time is frequently not enough to reasonably dodge or change directions. The only change I ask for is that if a photon wall hits someone, they get shunted out suddenly and violently, as opposed to simply evaporating.

I'm pretty sure that the solution is to be stationary when they come on and you'll be pushed aside instead of vaporized, both on foot an in vehicles.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

I feel like this game could massively benefit from a general chat thing that you could use to seek groups and talk about stuff. I'd like to complete that rank 10 retaliation mission but finding pubs who want to do it is kind of a bother.

It'd be even cooler if the ship was actually a Phantasy Star Online-styled lobby with players running around but I guess we'll have to wait for Helldivers 2 for that

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Flakey posted:

I'm pretty sure that the solution is to be stationary when they come on and you'll be pushed aside instead of vaporized, both on foot an in vehicles.

WHAT.

please be true

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

Coolguye posted:

WHAT.

please be true

I take no responsibility for accidentals, or other deaths, that may result from testing this theory.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

New thread is here, please update your bookmarks! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3758257

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

I'm retarded.

• Locked thread