Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Ratios and Tendency posted:

A History of Violence was a really good post 2000 ~action film, I liked it anyway. Gonna rewatch I think.
And the comic it was based on was written by the same guy who created Judge Dredd!

With Stallone Dredd, the biggest problem was that the screenwriter either missed the point or really hated that Dredd is basically a brutal fascist thug, and kept complaining that "This guy's a NAZI! He needs to be more sympathetic and likeable! Funnier! He needs to grow and change and have a proper character arc where he learns from his mistakes and becomes a better person by the end of the movie, and he also needs to kiss the girl!" :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
cronenberg

cronenberg is god. watch everything he has done.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

A misanthrope posted:

cronenberg

cronenberg is god. watch everything he has done.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Existenz is one of the first movies I watched that was truly WTF. I was probably 15 and it blew my mind

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Yodzilla posted:

anyone who is a fan of action movies really needs to see Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64PlESTxu1M

it's like a psychological horror movie in some parts and in others it's just dudes beating the loving poo poo out of each other

From that scene it looks like a stupid movie. Are they robots or aliens or something? They take crazy hits and keep fighting way beyond the pale. A fight scene shouldn't be all deathblows that both guys just shrug off. Lol the bad guy takes hits from a baseball bat and uses his arm to block it for no damage it's really stupid.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Dogmeat posted:

From that scene it looks like a stupid movie. Are they robots or aliens or something? They take crazy hits and keep fighting way beyond the pale. A fight scene shouldn't be all deathblows that both guys just shrug off. Lol the bad guy takes hits from a baseball bat and uses his arm to block it for no damage it's really stupid.

Uh they are universal soldiers. This is some shameful action movie ignorance here, I'm pretty embarrassed for you.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Dogmeat posted:

lmao get a load of this guy

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Shiiit I'm finna watch Universal Soldier right now.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
i also just wanted to put it out there that Banshee and Strike Back are better than 95% of action movies and everyone should watch them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQYRPuEPJOM

that's how the series starts and it just goes buckwild from there

Yodzilla fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Mar 9, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Dogmeat posted:

They're genetically enhanced soldier clone men.

Question: Do you want to see Jean-Claude Van Damme get hacked in the arm with a machete, then pull the machete out, then use it as his own weapon? Watch Universal Soldier.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

I don't know what universal soldiers are is that like Kurt Russel in that Soldier movie because that was pretty good. This one looks like it was written by a 14 year old.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Dogmeat posted:

I don't know what universal soldiers are is that like Kurt Russel in that Soldier movie because that was pretty good. This one looks like it was written by a 14 year old.

Have you ever heard of Jean Claude van Damme?

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Or Dolph Lundgren? Jesus christ

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Yeah I know those guys they make crappy action movies that are sort of fun but indistinguishable from all the other campy action movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
you're poo poo

• Locked thread