Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

1: The threat and very real possibility of dying from Typhoid fever!

2. :lol: Having to wake up at 4am and go to work at the leather tannery for 20 hours every day! :rolleyes:

3. Having to live through TWO Franco-Dahomean wars, like wtf that poo poo was crazy nvr forget :france:

4: Getting your whole crew together and playing stick & hoop in the streets that doubled as open sewers.

5: Jamming out to sounds of the italian immigrant organ grinder and throwing rocks at his dancing monkey.

6. Finding out your dad died in the Lattimer Mine Massacre so now you've got to go out and work the anthracite mines to support your famil.

7. You totally got to experience the unbridled thrill of learning of the discovery of helium, argon, radioactivity, x-rays, neon, krypton, AND MOTHERFUCKING XENON BITCH.

8. You got to read the first Sherlock Holmes story in Strand Magazine before it was a "thing".

9. Having to wait in line for 4 hours just to watch 15 seconds on the Kinetoscope of a naked man jogging in place.

10: Only having a life expectancy of 45!

super macho dude fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Mar 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
:siren:SUCK MY drat BALLS, OP!:siren:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
:jackbud::horse:

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

im gay

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
The dreyfus affair STILL makes you and all your friends mad.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
motherfucker stick & hoop for bitches mumblypeg where it at

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
Everyday you rushed to the newsies to get the latest news on the first Hague conference or as you and your friends called it "The Hague conference".

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Watch Harrison start a loving war.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
Must . . .be . . .bled . . . to eliminate . . .*cough* . . .evil . . .humours . . . *dies*

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

polio

oh wait :(

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

You gave thanks to J.P. Morgan for bailing out your broke-rear end country.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
watching william II run germany's foreign policy into the ground lol what a crazy guy

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
This new system of alliances in Europe will prevent wars since the cost of going to war with so many nations would be too catastrophic!

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
bimetallism 4 lyfe, dawg!

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Imperial Russia will totally crush Japan in a war.

That Alice Sanger lady is in the White House. Next thing you know it Women will want to be able to vote in the US. Thanks Harrison! Not my President.

Bacontotem fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Mar 6, 2015

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
Sure sucked to be an 80s kid though! Victoria Hall Disaster

quote:

The Victoria Hall disaster, in which 183 children died, occurred in Sunderland, Great Britain on 16 June 1883 at the Victoria Hall, which was a large concert hall on Toward Road facing onto Mowbray Park...

...At the end of the show an announcement was made that children with certain numbered tickets would be presented with a prize upon exit. At the same time entertainers began distributing gifts from the stage to the children in the stalls. Worried about missing out on the treats, many of the estimated 1,100 children in the gallery stampeded toward the staircase leading downstairs.[3] At the bottom of the staircase, the door had been opened inward and bolted in such a way as to leave a gap only wide enough for one child to pass at a time. It is believed this was to ensure orderly checking of tickets.[4] With few accompanying adults to maintain order, the children surged down the stairs toward the door. Those at the front became trapped, and were crushed to death by the weight of the crowd behind them.[2]

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Lets all go out for icecream on our retarded bikes that have the big third wheel.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Ten things only your soon to be dead mother will get as I slit her throat.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Hearing your parents talk about the good ole days when they didn't have to pay the helpers.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

JebanyPedal posted:

Ten things only your soon to be dead mother will get as I slit her throat.

It was me. I killed all those prostitutes. Scotland Yard are a bunch of scrubs.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

A negro man is boxing champion. It's just a flash in the pan.

Anyone try that new lead paint for thier house yet?

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Testikles posted:

Sure sucked to be an 80s kid though! Victoria Hall Disaster

lol

Disconnecticus
Oct 21, 2012

Wait, like, actual money?
Exposes whole body to life-giving x-rays and nods approvingly.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Look alive, Bobby! Here come the strike breakers. Guard your chin.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
lol people from the past were retarded and I'm glad they are dead!!!!

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
To you, Ragged Dick is a coming-of-age novel about a boot-black who becomes a member of the middle class through hard work and honesty and not something you get when your girlfriend uses too much teeth

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Watching Clint Eastwood knock that poo poo-eatin' Mad Dog Tannen out.

It's a shame that Mr. Eastwood died, though, as Tannen's bastard kids look like they're going to turn out to be the same sort of assholes in need of a thrashing.

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx
william jennings bryan in '96 :obama:

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

third eye blind

Cracked_Gear
Nov 4, 2013

It was 1890-somethin
in the world I grew up in
Extracted helium from the earth's core
The first Sino and Japanese war
looking back y'all should have seen me!
Oh man did I look cheesy!
I wouldnt trade those days for nothin'
Oh it was 1890-somethin

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

The Mad Archivist posted:

lol people from the past were retarded and I'm glad they are dead!!!!

Not all 1890's kids are dead.

#just1890kids get celebrating your 117th birthday in the nursing home your granddaughter also lives in.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

It’s my birthday today, and I’m 117!

That means only one thing…BRING IT IN, GUYS!!!

*every character from every kinetoscope, penny dreadful, nickelodeon, wax cylinder, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
who remembers public hangings in the town square? #memories #just1890skids

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

That feel when you assassinate the President of the United States, William McKinley.

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
tuberculosis

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Spending a quiet sunday afternoon betting on bullbaiting behind the fishmonger shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
The Gay '90s

• Locked thread