Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elemental79
Mar 7, 2015

I'm making a game that is basically a 2d shootem up built on a 3d engine, but with speed-runner elements. It's free to play. It's got a lot of content, but I want to expand it. I'd love feedback!

https://www.pythetron.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
are there any masks in it

Thank for your support!

grate deceiver, Esq.

ephori
Sep 1, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
SHTUP

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
make it cool like gdarius op tia

elemental79
Mar 7, 2015

grate deceiver posted:

are there any masks in it

Roughly 2

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.
Where is Goku? I only play games with Goku.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
what if 3.5 d shump?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

welcome to the something awful forums elemental seventy nine, we always love it when people register to hock their poo poo

BUTTERWORBS
Oct 16, 2002

your game may or may not be any good but

raditts posted:

we always love it when people register to hock their poo poo

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Shmups are blasé and overdone and I couldn't give a poo poo about a new one

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

add dating sim elements

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

elemental79 posted:

I'm making a game that is basically a 2d shootem up built on a 3d engine, but with speed-runner elements. It's free to play. It's got a lot of content, but I want to expand it. I'd love feedback!

Nice game bro, where can I pledge for it? Got a kickstarter?

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
6/0/8 Sneaky

0/0/10 Meteos

elemental79
Mar 7, 2015

Zeike posted:

Nice game bro, where can I pledge for it? Got a kickstarter?

No KickStater, just making it as a hobby. Since I'm doing everything myself the costs to make it is not that much. Unity and music are the only things I've had to buy.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
How does this compare to Jets N' Guns

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

elemental79
Mar 7, 2015

Songbearer posted:

I've not played it, but I've had a couple people mention it is similar. I think that my game probably differs with the speed element. You're encouraged to go fast to get more points (which are needed to unlock levels).

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Songbearer posted:

Yeah, in a world in which both Jets'n'Guns and Tyrian exist, your game better be the second coming of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ if you want anybody to care.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:

grate deceiver posted:

Yeah, in a world in which both Jets'n'Guns and Tyrian exist, your game better be the second coming of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ if you want anybody to care.
Because nobody would want to play any other shooting game ever, especially not if it's free.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

So has anybody actually tried it or is it just gonna be a plan ol' goonpile/shitpost extravaganza? I can't try it right now as I am away from home and shitposting by phone.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

elemental79 posted:

This could be the first join 2 shill game I try. It reminds me of Axelay. I liked Axelay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puweyxil
Oct 19, 2001
I like to eat cheese.
Dinosaur Gum

grate deceiver posted:

I've had Jets'n'Guns on my steam account for ages but have never tried it. Your favorable comparison to Tyrian inspired me to install it.

Thanks OP for getting me to play Jets'n'Guns!

• Locked thread