Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

*scores sweet touchdown*
*loses friendship*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
he could go all the way

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
if they did a lego-branded remake of the nfl blitz concept they would probably make a shitzillion dollars off it

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
*puts fruit in underwear and runs around like a pirate*

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

have you considered switching to vaping?
*is a big gay bitch*

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

proof of concept posted:

if they did a lego-branded remake of the nfl blitz concept they would probably make a shitzillion dollars off it
i'm sure even if it was lego-themed the actual NFL would not allow after-the-play hits to be in the game. i wish i was joking about that

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

there was this football game like blitz but you could shoot your players up with steroids and stuff. i dont remember what it was called but i think they were on the right tracck for a fun football game.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Y-Hat posted:

i'm sure even if it was lego-themed the actual NFL would not allow after-the-play hits to be in the game. i wish i was joking about that

ok, so? That was just edgy 90s crap anyway
clearly everyone would get knocked into pieces by the initial hits then the loading screens would be them putting themselves back together and smiling and stuff becaus modular lego bodies
don't they pull that same trick to get away with ridiculous cartoon "violence" in all those lego movies they've been making?

OlmanRiver
Mar 30, 2011
A monster football game with todays' tech would be pretty fun. special abilities and all that.

There hasn't been anything like say mega man soccer in forever.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

OlmanRiver posted:

A monster football game with todays' tech would be pretty fun. special abilities and all that.

*mario crying in a corner

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

OlmanRiver posted:

that's the premise of Blood Bowl and I think I read that the videogame had a real-time game mode but I never played it
I know that the Mutant League franchise won't be getting a modern update because that was an EA game and they're not going to risk splitting up the customer base for the Madden cash cow. Anyone ever see the old Mutant League cartoon from the 90s? Pretty good thing to look up if you're ever curious about/nostalgic for the absolute bottom of the 90s saturday morning cartoon barrel

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

What if the underwater football game from that final fantaji game had become really popular and there were three versions of it like guitar hero now...

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

my friend gave me his nfl blitz after he tripped me and chipped my tooth but after like 2 months he figured enough time had passed and asked for it back. i hope that stupid fucker dies

open container
Sep 16, 2008

That DICK! posted:

my friend gave me his nfl blitz after he tripped me and chipped my tooth but after like 2 months he figured enough time had passed and asked for it back. i hope that stupid fucker dies

lol u fuckin beta

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Necros posted:

there was this football game like blitz but you could shoot your players up with steroids and stuff. i dont remember what it was called but i think they were on the right tracck for a fun football game.

Blitz: The League

SurfinArbiter
Jul 3, 2013

Y
o
u

f
o
u
n
d

m
e

heh
"If we want to ruin our friendship lets just play Mario party 2. At least it's fun"

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

2 of my amigos beat this dude so bad in blitz he got so IRL mad he drove back to his lovely school 100 miles away drunk as gently caress.

Blitz a good game.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
blitzball was the best part of ff x.

they should have spent the money they used on voice acting for more blitzball

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Necros posted:

and its name is the nfl

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
There is no steroid use in the NFL

Korthal
May 26, 2011

My spawning of the salmon technique: just keep mashing the tackle button while switching through all the players.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

drat I loved blitz. But it disappeared so long ago. Not sure if a friend stole it or if my brother sold it/got it stolen/traded it for weed. It was my brother's game so whatever, I suppose.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Necros posted:

isnt that basically what Def Jam was except with wrestling instead of football?

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

maybe. i liked def jam too. it was fun and sometimes hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

*throws safety*

• Locked thread