Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Talen_Soti
Mar 30, 2010
I am entirely new to Windows server and I need some help with Group policy settings.
I am trying to configure a policy for a specific computer that has a usb scanner on it so it has the same settings no matter who logs into it. Example Scan file as JPG and put scanned files in Drive "T"
And then I want to set a group policy for paths for software : Example: Label maker software defaults to the "P" Drive when opening and saving files so users always see the label files already made.

I believe this is possible but i Don't know how to configure it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004
Look to see if these software settings are stored in the registry. If they are, you can use Group Policy to distribute those registry values.

Talen_Soti
Mar 30, 2010

fatman1683 posted:

Look to see if these software settings are stored in the registry. If they are, you can use Group Policy to distribute those registry values.

I'll take alook at that. Thank you!

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Also if they're stored in XML under %appdata% local you can use the GPP to push out the file, its a bit more hairy than the registry, but it can be done.

hihifellow
Jun 17, 2005

seriously where the fuck did this genre come from
Or if the settings are stored in an .ini or similar text file GPP can change line items in them as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talen_Soti
Mar 30, 2010
Well the software config worked but I can't find any scanning settings in the registry. Anyone have any ideas where they could be?

• Locked thread