Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Ok so this is a thread where you can talk about how local councils/politicians grind your gears with truly stupid stuff they do.

My council members lost five million pounds about three years ago. I mean hello?!? its five million! how do you just lose that much? this is why the roads are really hosed up and have more open holes than brazzers.com.

what do your local boneheaded councils do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i was listening to the radio and i heard that the new mayor to cut back costs pulled out smaller fire-department-only systems without discussing it and now they have to use other city systems for purposes they weren't designed for and it's putting stress on other parts of the city

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
my goddamn council just cut school funding! what are they on jesus christ now how are the kids going to learn??

luckily though, they just gave funding to the local town clock to have new bushes and daffodils put in. Some hosed up priorities here.
kids are the flowers of the future.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
its not healthy to lose weyght that fasts

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
My governor nominated someone for state police commissioner who insists on wearing a police officer's uniform despite never having actually served in the state police prior to his appointment. For some reason this is highly offensive to cops so they've been whining about it, including putting up yard signs about him in his neighborhood. Two or so weeks ago he was caught stealing said yard signs which is, of course, illegal. Ehh, gently caress both sides on this one I just don't care about any of this. The legislature has had a testy relationship with Wolf right from the word go (no 90 day honeymoon here) and thus might not confirm him over this. Its funny, this appointment might be the first thing governor Wolf loses on and its such a nothing issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Just read an article about how Americans for Prosperity is getting involved with my local mayor's race and they're bringing in a guy from the McCain campaign to run communications.

I especially liked this line:

quote:

AFP is still developing a strategy for how to connect with voters, and that will determine whether or not they’re required to file financial disclosures with the Alaska Political Offices Commission.

They just don't give a gently caress how blatant they are about it up here. Unfortunately, with the resources they have they might get the win in the runoff come May :(

• Locked thread