Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

If you found a job that paid $100 more a month than your disability would you take it?
It's not really a question of if I want to do it, it's whether I actually can do it.

That said, probably not. Effort is a precious commodity I can't go wasting it like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

Crimson Harvest posted:

It's not really a question of if I want to do it, it's whether I actually can do it.

That said, probably not. Effort is a precious commodity I can't go wasting it like that.

what state do you live in?

when disability sheds all the made up disabilities like 'sadbrains' and you'll be out on the street lmao and with your employment history gap you'll be unemployable congrats! :bravo:

you can suck my dick for five dollars when that day cums

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Crimson Harvest posted:

It's really cool I pay in for you to play video games.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Weird, usually unemployment makes people more depressed, not less.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I quit my job that was pissing me off then drew on my friends/family to find me a different job that pays well and poo poo. Starts tomorrow.

nepotism is p cool I wasn't even worried when I quit, I just said gently caress it and gave myself a few weeks of vacation.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

I quit my job that was pissing me off then drew on my friends/family to find me a different job that pays well and poo poo. Starts tomorrow.

nepotism is p cool I wasn't even worried when I quit, I just said gently caress it and gave myself a few weeks of vacation.

Nepotism owns, lol if u just apply to jobs the regular way

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

P-Mack posted:

Well employment makes me never stop fantasizing about killing myself and/or others. Unemployment reduces this to about 1/4 of the time instead of all of the time.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

return0 posted:

making games is not like playing games (unless you think like everything is sort of a game i guess)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRWvfMLl4ho

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

P-Mack posted:

i think this is only true if it's a job that pretends to treat you with dignity

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

P-Mack posted:

Nepotism owns, lol if u just apply to jobs the regular way

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Moridin920 posted:

That's "networking" fyi

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

ooh im so depressed im sure sitting around the house doing nothing and getting money for it will get me out of this funk

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i work from home because I make more money than I would on welfare, and I can still smoke weed and play video games all day

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

im sure this obscure japanese rpg will drive away my suicidal thoughts. i can feel it. this is the one

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

it's pretty cool to do what you want all day for months on end.

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
are you still living at home?

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

1gnoirents posted:

good thing welfare is like almost no money at all

lol yeah right you idiot bitch

just get a disability and welfare, it's easy as hell

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
i've been unemployed since november, but this week i should hear back from one a couple jobs and hopefully rejoin the ranks of the employed

*crosses fingers*

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
i dont want to vote republican... but i dont want spoiled tumblr losers to live a subsidized existence on the welfare state

what do i do!?!

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Literal Carehaver posted:

i dont want to vote republican... but i dont want spoiled tumblr losers to live a subsidized existence on the welfare state

what do i do!?!

stop worrying about poo poo that doesn't matter like the gays or abortions, get old and vote republican

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i vote for spite.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

Literal Carehaver posted:

what do i do!?!

its actually better for unmotiveated losers to not be working than to be doing a bad job of working somewhere someone else could do a good job at, so i think your priorities are misplaced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ramsus posted:

lol yeah right you idiot bitch

just get a disability and welfare, it's easy as hell

Welfare, yes. SSI in the us at least seems hard. My sis in law had a major stroke and it took two years. No sadbrains so I guess that didn't count. She's walking now but no left side. Bitch.

• Locked thread