Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

lapse posted:

I don't even play here and don't plan to, I just observed that this thread had a lot of "please don't splinter" discussion in the first few pages that seems to have accomplished nothing.

Page 1 is mainly full of people talking about playing alliance so I'm not really sure what you're talking about. Page 9 has another horde player complaining about an alliance splinter conspiracy, though, so I guess this is just going to be a thing in this thread.

quote:

Also I played on rebirth too. I remember a bunch of people going on Alliance and playing in <Ye Olde Guilde> and then never having enough people to play endgame stuff, and then some of them quit of boredom while others joined us on horde. Am I misremembering?

There was like 10 people in ye olde guilde in the first month and then they all quit or changed over. It wasn't really a thing and lol if you think raid roster problems on loving rebirth had anything to do with an alliance splinter. There was like two 40 man raid groups on rebirth at any given time, the fact that goons could field an entire 20 man raid some weeks was a feat of personnel on that server.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

landofcake
May 7, 2009

CANNONBALL TAFFY O' JONES!!!

Serperoth posted:

Would there be any interest in consolidating, one one side (Horde, for a change? :v:) ideally? There's a few former LGW folks here, and it would be nice to have an agreed upon goon guild, so that folks that wanna play with goons don't have to figure out what's going on and can just talk to goons.

I'd be all for consolidating and I'm gonna put my hand up and say I'd be happy on either side, but my initial observations are that it's easier to level on the Horde side, however there are more dickheads.

There also seems to be more goons on the horde side.

COINCIDENCE?!?! MAKES U THINK

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
No Paladins for PvE and 40 minute queue times in PvP. Friends don't let friends roll Horde.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

But also no ret paladins or elves. Horde's not all bad.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

30.5 Days posted:

Page 1 is mainly full of people talking about playing alliance so I'm not really sure what you're talking about. Page 9 has another horde player complaining about an alliance splinter conspiracy, though, so I guess this is just going to be a thing in this thread.

There was like 10 people in ye olde guilde in the first month and then they all quit or changed over. It wasn't really a thing and lol if you think raid roster problems on loving rebirth had anything to do with an alliance splinter. There was like two 40 man raid groups on rebirth at any given time, the fact that goons could field an entire 20 man raid some weeks was a feat of personnel on that server.

Page 1 is one guy saying over and over again he wants to play Alliance with his friends, while goons get irritated and ask him why not Horde, since we already had an Alliance guild on a vanilla server.

Its since been followed by several pages of people saying each guild has maybe 10 people, each side is basically dead, and nobody knowing what side we are all on until tanners showed up and suddenly there are another 5-10 people who just went Horde, making it look like the bigger guild.

I don't give a poo poo what you want to do, or what side is chosen, but this thread is currently a massive mess of misinformation, and its kept me and a few other goons I know from playing here, because nobody wants to play WoW alone/in a small guild, and this thread gives no indication to the goon presence here.

Its not even just raiding. I don't want to level in silence with a guild chat of 4 other people. I don't want to have to bring in pubbies because there are only 2 other people in guild at 5pm on a Friday. And I dont want to join yet another guild like Ye Olde, since when you only have 10-12 people on per night, when even 1-2 people decide to stop playing it kills the guild for everyone.

If nobody wants to consolidate fine. But at least post how many people are in each guild, and how active they are so people coming in have a better idea where to go.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
Why not just roll what you want? Its clear there are people on both. Neither of which will have enough for 40 man raid in either case (probably not even if we all joined one faction).

Edit: During the week Ive seen 16 people online Horde side at one time, its typically more like 8-10 though. Seems less this weekend though. Personally I dont see any sort of group effort happening here with the number of people playing. Unless Alliance has way more active people of course.

Touchdown Boy fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jun 21, 2015

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Touchdown Boy posted:

Why not just roll what you want? Its clear there are people on both. Neither of which will have enough for 40 man raid in either case (probably not even if we all joined one faction).

Edit: During the week Ive seen 18 people online Horde side at one time, its typically more like 8-10 though. Seems less this weekend though.

Because now that Emerald Dream is dying, there's a number of people that will join Nostalrius, and also to future-proof. If both goon guilds get 40 players, that's 80 players that could have been in one guild, pooling resources and helping each other out

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
My non important personal opinion is that if everyone has done all the alliance side stuff why not try Horde?

All I can say is the Horde side guild is friendly enough when there are people on, but there isnt much happening. The server is positively bristling with people though and you will probably be annoyed at how often you fall over other players trying to do anything. Its pretty cool though and a lot of people are helpful.

Edit: ps Seems like Feenix servers are all struggling. I played on the x6(?) server a couple of years back and it looks like hardly anyone plays.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
I don't think theres any true faction shaming going on here. What happened for me is that I wanted to play here, but just leveled alliance literally days beforehand and couldnt be hosed to do it again so I went horde knowing the guild was dead and I'd likely see 2 horde goons ever. However after I joined people started trickling in hordeside and everyone kept saying poo poo like "Man it sure would be nice if we had a guild", so I made one. I hope people alliance don't see that as antagonistic (especially when there wasnt even a guild on that side either).

Another thing is about this supposed flood of people from LGW or ED that is pretty much just not gonna happen. I wanna say that atleast half of their raiding force was pubs at this point, and most of the goons that were there were either too burned to play more wow at the moment or they already had alts here anyways.

Concerning all the misinformation in this thread, I sent the OP a pm a few weeks ago asking to get some updates and I'm pretty sure hes dead. If I can get any confirmation I'll throw up my fourth wow pserver thread and try to keep info about both sides updated.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
Ditto with tanners' first part. I made a run to 60 in LGW, failed at 55. Being alone in a zone was pretty cool for a while, but the population issues got to me. I like to occasionally murder the other faction if I get bored questing.
I've been out of town for a couple days so I don't know how active this weekend was for Tsundere.

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>
We could use a new thread.

I'm currently raid logging on horde side (just killed rag today), but will also be leveling a mage on alliance side.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I'm game to consolidate and have some more info in the OP. Voting for Horde, if we go for one faction over the other, but I'd level another Ally Mage no biggie.

Gnome this time, I guess?

whocares8310
Sep 22, 2010

Sir, I think it's pronounced nook-ya-ler.
Well Tanners, seems like a new thread is in order. Just so people know about both icq's guild on ally side and the horde side guild in addition to the chat channels we are using.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
Alrighty I'll draft an OP sometime tonight probably. Whats the alliance guild name? Can everyone in it invite?

e: also post thread titles

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Nostalrius Begins 1.12 Vanilla WoW - Barrens Chat Time Capsule

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies
There is a new alliance goon guild called Wolf Pack.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Yeah it's <Wolf Pack> for alliance and channel is AllyGoons

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

mewse posted:

Yeah it's <Wolf Pack> for alliance and channel is AllyGoons

How many people on per night?

Same with the Horde guild. Numbers are important as well for an OP.

Huh, holy poo poo. Despite both guilds only having 5-10 people on right now, both factions are still at 4k-4.5k players. Is the who system actually separating the factions as well, making it 8-9k players online right now? Or is it really just 4k and combining the two.

Rookersh fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jun 22, 2015

mewse
May 2, 2006

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Rookersh posted:

How many people on per night?

Same with the Horde guild. Numbers are important as well for an OP.

Huh, holy poo poo. Despite both guilds only having 5-10 people on right now, both factions are still at 4k-4.5k players. Is the who system actually separating the factions as well, making it 8-9k players online right now? Or is it really just 4k and combining the two.

it combines them. The number you see when doing /who is total online for both factions

e: i still need a thread title please help im not funny

mewse
May 2, 2006

Nostalrius Vanilla WoW 1.12 - Not actually about nostrils

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
and its up http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3727197

this thread can be closed whenever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viyerkoichv