Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Dyna Soar posted:

whiskey and esp. single malts are very trendy.

Yeah over the past like 6 years, and especially the past 2 or so, whiskey prices have been climbing. A $50 bottle of Balvenie a few years ago is now $100+. American "craft" whiskey is especially bad since Pappy Can Winkle inexplicably blowing up, with idiots hopping from label to label skyrocketing prices as they go as everyone wants to be in on the ground floor of the next big thing.

See my earlier comments about $30 bottles of Willet rye now retailing for over $70.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
yeah and those "craft" whiskeys are often just generic blends bought from this big rear end american distillery i can't remember the name of and then just packaged and branded for the oblivious hipster market.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
im going to drink 69 shots of busmills this werkend and if some flabby shithead gives me poo poo im going to pee on them

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Dyna Soar posted:

yeah and those "craft" whiskeys are often just generic blends bought from this big rear end american distillery i can't remember the name of and then just packaged and branded for the oblivious hipster market.
It's MGP. They have both their generic MGP whiskey or rye mash they sell to bottlers, but will also do smaller batches distilled to specifications. Making a whiskey is a lot more than just the distillation process (selection, blending, etc) so even with that generic mash you get whiskeys that taste radically different. Bulleit, Templeton, Redemption, and the aforementioned Willett all start life at MGP with the same recipe, and all four are good ryes with their own character. That said, the idea of paying above $20-40 for anything that originated there is completely laughable.

mango sentinel fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Mar 12, 2015

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

mango sentinel posted:

That said, the idea of paying above $20-40 for anything that originated there is completely laughable.

xsuperkidx posted:

Lol if you arent drinking Angles Envy. Bourbon for the win.

although i guess they throw it in rum casks for a while before they sell it for $45+ a fifth

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

mango sentinel posted:

Yeah over the past like 6 years, and especially the past 2 or so, whiskey prices have been climbing. A $50 bottle of Balvenie a few years ago is now $100+. American "craft" whiskey is especially bad since Pappy Can Winkle inexplicably blowing up, with idiots hopping from label to label skyrocketing prices as they go as everyone wants to be in on the ground floor of the next big thing.

See my earlier comments about $30 bottles of Willet rye now retailing for over $70.

$30 Willett Rye? :vince: I used to work at a whiskey-centric bar so I'd drink all this stuff for free or half off. I never realized how expensive some of these whiskeys got, especially considering how boring so many of them are.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
just polishing off this bottle of crown royal, such a tasty staple booze.

odincode
Aug 12, 2010

People know what they do; frequently they know why they do what they do; but what they don't know is what what they do does.
I was gonna drink some buffalo trace tonight, but then i remembered i had too much v8, so i got vodka instead. my life is fascinating.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Stevie Lee posted:

i woke up with a weird taste in my mouth after passing out last night from drinking about half a bottle of Eagle Rare

Good show old chap. That's a normal thing and a good night.

Also I just got home from the bar after drinking a few Bulliet and cokes.

I enjoyed every one of them.

Go bourbon.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

i owe like ten posts for tonight alone. um pretend i posted 10x itt tonight

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
oh, hello! i am drinking white wine, and whenever i drink liquor i sputter and cough and make a face

Dicere
Oct 31, 2005
Non plaudite modo pecuniam jacite.

Enjoying some of that cheap Canadian Gold poo poo I was talking about earlier and a caffeine free diet coke because it's almost 2am and I'm doing laundry and gently caress my stupid life.

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you
11:30 am. First highball down. Allergies have me home from work. Feeling better already.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Look at all you foolish people wasting your money when you could just be buying Canadian Club 12 year

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Bout to start rippin back highballs, any suggestions

Mahler
Oct 30, 2008

finishing a dram of tobermory 10 year old, considering a nip of A'bunahd (batch 47) or Bruichladdich 10 ("The Laddie Ten") to finish the night. whiskey rox

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2CYRraeIoo

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

I'm drinking some Elijah Craig 12 year bourbon because it was on sale and I wanted to try something different. It's just ok. Probably wouldn't buy again.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Woodford reserve is my everyday. It's ok. I do enjoy buffalo trace as well.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
The last glass of my last bottle. :ohdear:

Meatwolfe
Oct 31, 2011
Had some Bushmills. Wish it was Glenmorangie.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you
three drinks of georgie dickel (did I seppll that right?) in the laset few minutes my friends haha now back to the beer

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I have a headache

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Bruce Kison posted:

I'm drinking some Elijah Craig 12 year bourbon because it was on sale and I wanted to try something different. It's just ok. Probably wouldn't buy again.

Elijah Craig is actually a really good bourbon, imo, and pretty cheap.

Drinking some Baker's atm

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Fact: if you stick to whiskeys named after birds, you can't go wrong

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
muh whisky of choice

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Last time I got drunk on whiskey I got out of control. Don't drink whiskey anymore

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i drank whiskey

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Been a while goons...

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

im drinking whiskey

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Parallax Scroll posted:

im drinking whiskey

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Last time I got drunk on whiskey I got out of control. Don't drink whiskey anymore

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
I just had a small tulip glass of Grant's, neat. Because I live is Canada, my Grant's probably cost more than Americans pay for actually good scotch.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
I got whiskey. Basic four roses poo poo, but i have fancy spherical ice cubes so it doesn't get too watered down

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
I was sitting at the bar of a pub and somehow ended up stuffing menu inserts for them. I got paid in whiskey shots, so it was all good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Dza posted:

I was sitting at the bar of a pub and somehow ended up stuffing menu inserts for them. I got paid in whiskey shots, so it was all good.

Would quit my high falutin computer job to do this. Sign me up

• Locked thread