Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
The scienticians at the American Association for the Authentication, Assimilation, Adjudication, and Dissemination of Technical Methods (AAAAADTM) have continued their research programs and have begun compiling what is hoped to be the definitive list of nasal mucus-related terms and definitions. Your assistance is requested in this matter. It is assumed that every person reading this document has experienced a nasal mucus event during his or her lifetime. It is also assumed that the average reader has experienced a variety of mucus types and possibly has created code names to help themselves explain their experiences, if not to others, at least to themselves.

The Standard Booger - This is the average semi-dried mucus. It forms a dried rubber cement-like wad. This is considered the standard unit of dried nasal mucus and most other forms are referred to as various forms of boogers. Tends to be slightly sticky.

The Crystal - A fully dried booger, this gives the appearance of crystalline material being grown in the nasal passages. Often quite hard and sharp, and painful to remove.

The Anarchist - A small, round booger that contains a single hair, thus resembling the stereotypical anarchist's bomb. The pulling of the single nasal hair may result in a tear in one eye.

The Flake - A small, flat, drier-than-average booger, resembles a corn flake in shape, but not in color.

The Mold - Taken to be a reasonably small Flake Booger near the nasal entrance. However, when pulled, it extracts a perfect cast of the inside of the entire nostril. Quite large and disturbing.

The Hallelujah - a thick, ropy booger that, when extracted, turns out to be rather long. As it is extracted, The Hallelujah feels as if it is unwrapping from around the brain stem. Practically a religious experience.

The Green River - Copious amounts of thick, green mucus that flows from the nostrils of small children. Generally disgusting, but becomes orders of magnitude greater as you watch the child eagerly lick their upper lip to clear it away.

The Plug - A booger of such proportions that, when removed from the nose, restores free breathing to the point where the person marvels that they did not suffocate earlier.

The Coal Miner - A booger formed during/after any dirty activity. Appears dark gray or black.

The "Am I Sick?" - a booger that contains copious amounts of blood, for no good reason.

The Stickie - A moister-than-average booger. It will adhere to the finger as it is removed, defying almost all attempts at removal. Has one of two outcomes. Either it will be smeared on some object, leaving a greasy streak, or it will be flung off in a desperate attempt at removal. Exactly where it lands will be a mystery.

This is by no means a complete list. The scienticians at the AAAAADTM are requesting your help in completing this list. If you have encountered any other form of mucoid experience, or have learned a different name for any of the above, please provide us with the information in this thread.

THE AAAAADTM THANKS YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
don't forget the snot rocket

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

wtf

butt implants
Oct 16, 2004

i'm gay
im booger

a gay lion named Tangiers
Jul 30, 2013

genesplicer posted:

The Hallelujah - a thick, ropy booger that, when extracted, turns out to be rather long. As it is extracted, The Hallelujah feels as if it is unwrapping from around the brain stem. Practically a religious experience.

yes. i really want to try one of these while high as gently caress.

The "I Am Sick And I loving Love It" - a booger that contains copious amounts of blood, because cocaine

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
fuckin old people

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The sheet of glass: the dried booger sheet on each side of the septum that you just grip with a fingertip and slide off the wet mucus underneath it

Jul 30, 2013
The D.B. Cooper - A booger that absconds into the sinuses before you can get it out.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

genesplicer posted:

:agreed:

Jul 30, 2013
The Uninvited Guest - The very small booger that hangs out right inside the middle part of your nostrils: you can't feel it but everyone can see it.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam
The It Snot Funny - Usually occurs while ill or suffering from allergies. Something amuses the afflicted and they snort out a laugh. This results in a large volume of nasal mucus escaping from the nostril in a most embarrassing manner.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
right nostril has been squirting a lot of blood lately but lefty is good to go

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

food

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

devin2 posted:

The Uninvited Guest - The very small booger that hangs out right inside the middle part of your nostrils: you can't feel it but everyone can see it.

this is the loving booger that gets me going!

Bone_Enterprise
Aug 9, 2005

Inception Cigars
www.inceptioncigars.com
Thought this was a new burger thread, found out it was not.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam
The Smacker: A booger that is semi soft. Usually encountered when one sniffs inward violently. The Smacker will then detach from the nasal passages and smack into the back of the throat/pharynx. This is usually unexpected and causes the person to do one of two things. Either s/he will suddenly swallow the wad of material, or they will spit it out, usually in a manner that would be socially unacceptable if it were done in company.

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

i really like to pick boogers out my nose but i do not do it around other people because that is weird

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

put a little boogie in me

SkyEnzo
Mar 8, 2015

No time for the old in-out, love, I've just come to read the meter.
Blame it on the boogie.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

is this the thread where we can talk about how we want people to treat us like kleenex in a safe spae free of sexism

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

the older i get the more i get boog tangled real bad in my nose hair :(

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Flapper Valve - Secured to the nasal passage at just one point, this type of booger creates a one-way valve that blocks air flow in the nostril during exhalation. usually requires air pressure for removal rather than digital means.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

genesplicer posted:

my favorite

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam

It is a rather rare occurrence. We at the AAAADTM are studying if that makes it all the more special to those who experience it.

The Filament: A booger that is only slightly more solid than snot. When pulled free of the nostril it will stretch. Eventually it will snap, and some will return in the direction of the nose. Depending upon environmental conditions, consistency of the mucus and other factors (such as the presence of other humans who may pass by and notice), it will either fully retreat into the nasal passage, or will end up dangling from the nostril before finally adhering to/over the lip.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

that nig hive mind
Mar 16, 2014

by Ralp
a

Cleft Loaf
Apr 7, 2015

by Ralp
:iamafag:

socrates chugwolf