Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

UI / UX designer in a successful tech firm. Challenging, fulfilling and pays well but drat if I don't wanna play video games all loving day like a bum sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Sodium
Apr 29, 2009
I've been installing automotive glass for the past 8 years. It's ok and the pay is pretty good. Every once in a while I get the pleasure of doing a windshield that has been smashed by some poor pedestrians body, blood and all. That poo poo is gross.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

f-tron posted:

I've been installing automotive glass for the past 8 years. It's ok and the pay is pretty good. Every once in a while I get the pleasure of doing a windshield that has been smashed by some poor pedestrians body, blood and all. That poo poo is gross.

brutal

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
I work in a middle school. Help me I spend all day in a middle school.

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Every day I pray they fire me but I'm so unimportant and I don't cause any trouble and I'm too meek to quit and oh god oh god I'm so unhappy please help me what should I do?

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Help

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

let them do whatever they want, their futures are doomed in this dying world

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

have sex with the students, people frown on that

warning, this may make you a star trek fan

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
There are so many things I hate about my job.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
I work in a megacity for a megacorp working on billions of dollars and supporting millions of dollars of infrastructure

is what I tell myself when I am falling to sleep working security for a shoe company

Butt House
Oct 17, 2002

i love you, you jerk
im an architect

its nice to read your pleb posts

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
aren't architect's normally like googley eyed goggle wearing poofters covering up their OCD by saying they have 'attention to the little details' and also how many asses they had to gently caress to get their precious architect's certificate??

tia

Butt House
Oct 17, 2002

i love you, you jerk

Jeff Sichoe posted:

aren't architect's normally like googley eyed goggle wearing poofters covering up their OCD by saying they have 'attention to the little details' and also how many asses they had to gently caress to get their precious architect's certificate??

tia

considering we have to take seven 5 hour exams and log thousands of experience hours to become licensed, yeah it's pretty much rear end-gently caress territory

like if i gently caress up my designs I could kill people so there's that

i hate everything
Oct 15, 2010

Napoleon Bonaparty posted:

I know the guy retiring from there who probably loving hates you.

I bet. Everyone here near retirement is usual an ancient poo poo skeleton wrapped in seniority union beaucracy so loving thick that they don't give a gently caress bout nuthin no more.

i hate everything
Oct 15, 2010
Except being assholes.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Butt House posted:

considering we have to take seven 5 hour exams and log thousands of experience hours to become licensed, yeah it's pretty much rear end-gently caress territory

like if i gently caress up my designs I could kill people so there's that

doesn't CAD factor all that in automatically?

Yellicopter
Jul 1, 2007

Now with kinder, gentler, machine gun hand!
Get a job as a security guard in some boring office building or such on the night shift. You'll basically get paid (lovely) to do nothing 99% of the time.

Did that for a few years in my inter-education period. As far as poo poo jobs go you can do a whole lot worse.

Avoid condos like the plague though.

Butt House
Oct 17, 2002

i love you, you jerk
AutoCAD (or Revit these days) doesn't do any life safety checks. that's up to you, your engineer, and a city reviewer to go through it manually.

And honestly it's not like life and death most times. Most of my time is making sure it's wheelchair accessible and waterproofed so the building doesn't flood and cause a lawsuit

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Butt House posted:

AutoCAD (or Revit these days) doesn't do any life safety checks.

did you check under the tools menu

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Butt House posted:

im an architect

its nice to read your pleb posts

Nuclear engineer, bitch.

johnny sack
Jan 30, 2004

One day, this team will play to their expectations...

Just not this year..

Troutful posted:

I'm a lab tech and it owns, all the "fun" of being a grad student except you do way less work and make twice as much money

One day, you'll learn what people with your training make at private companies instead of universities. You'll cry a little and wonder how you can make the jump to industry.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Full Metal Jackass posted:

Nuclear engineer, bitch.

im a gay quantum rocket brain surgeon

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Lucky Guy posted:

im a gay quantum rocket brain surgeon

TEACH ME

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Troutful posted:

I'm a lab tech and it owns, all the "fun" of being a grad student except you do way less work and make twice as much money

Me too and its awesome

Did a lot of research as an undergrad and wanted to be a microbiologist. Got into grad school and one morning my head popped off the pillow and I thought I dont want to be someones lab bitch for another 6 years for pennies just for the privelege of begging for grant money my entire life. A year later I was doing my hospital rotations in the lab and making twice as much fresh out of college.

RonMexicosPitbull fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Mar 12, 2015

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

never turn down an opportunity to suck a new dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
insurance adjuster. special investigative unit for organized fraud.

i didnt go to college. im glad i didnt. i make good money and the job is fun.

• Locked thread