Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

Turkey wants to ban Minecraft for being too violent.

quote:

The Family and Social Policies Ministry has concluded the probe it launched into Minecraft, calling on the authorities to ban the popular videogame on the grounds that it encourages children to resort to violence, according to local media.

The report prepared by the ministry’s Children Services General Directorate was sent to its legal affairs department with an instruction for the legal process to ban the game to be started, according to daily Habertürk.

Minecraft is a videogame that allows the player to make designs with cubes in 2D or 3D. The game has several modes and in some of the modes, the player needs to survive in order to proceed.

“Although the game can be seen as encouraging creativity in children by letting them build houses, farmlands and bridges, mobs [hostile creatures] must be killed in order to protect these structures. In short, the game is based on violence,” Habertürk quoted the report as saying.

Some children may confuse the real world with the game world after playing Minecraft, leading them to believe that torturing animals would not give them pain, added the report, which was based on the game experience of a nine-year-old child.

It also suggested that the game could lead to “social isolation,” while exposing children to social risks in the multiplayer form, such as abuse and bullying.

The Family Ministry, which initially launched its probe to find out whether violence against women was encouraged in Minecraft, is expected to file a legal complaint soon. A court will then decide whether to impose a ban or not.

I'm totally with them. Seriously, I can't tell you how many times I've tortured animals or abused my mother because a creeper blew up my Lowtax shrine.

Discuss.

Spandex Bonerlord fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Mar 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
It will piss of the turbospergs, and I don't really care about Turkey, so I'm all in

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp

Nope.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
turkey taking proactive measures in the global fight against autism

Fastball LIVE in concert
Jul 10, 2010
I guess the turkish will have to go outside to build gokus.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

it's fun to imagine the stuff that would happen if they actually banned minecraft.

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

Sweet Tea posted:

it's fun to imagine the stuff that would happen if they actually banned minecraft.

Kids would actually have to play outside.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

ya but also there would be a million hilarious youtube videos posted by angry twelve year olds and probably at least one suicide.

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
Turks are really hairy.
They wrestle each other wearing tight leather pants covered in olive oil.
They are fascinating animals.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm Hungary for Greece-y Turkey!

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Good. There's plenty of evidence that videogames cause violence https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/our-changing-culture/201212/yes-violent-video-games-do-cause-aggression

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

if you bother to read the study the article links it says that it varies greatly depending on the type of game and multiple other factors

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

haris pilton posted:

Turks are really hairy.
They wrestle each other wearing tight leather pants covered in olive oil.
They are fascinating animals.

:mrgw:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

poo poo man, booted up that Minecraft into my friend's server and built a little club next to his house, he strolls in all "What the gently caress is this poo poo?" didn't like my shag pink carpet told him to go gently caress himself.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.
lol these dudes used to be the Ottoman empire

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:
Good for them stopping the spread of autism.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Turkey is hilarious

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

any empire worth anything would ban minecraft, gently caress that noise

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug
Wouldn't want another genocide on their hands.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

true story I spent like three hours playing Minecraft and drinking lovely vodka w my girlfriend yesterday night

it was really cool and chill

unlike ataturk who was really lame and terrible

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
20 to 30 years too late turkey

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Ryoshi posted:

unlike ataturk who was really lame and terrible

Let's get banned from Turkey

ataturk was a gay rear end basic bitch and he didnt have poo poo on suleiman

armenian genocide

blockland did it first

ANGRYGREEK
May 3, 2007

If you meet the Storm Spirit on the lane, gank him.
Turkey's so far gone that they wouldn't bat an eye on Atatürk defamation, but Erdogan, now that might get you in trouble...

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

goood.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I never played minecraft because it's so blocky

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

it's fun

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
it's boring.

phobo
Aug 7, 2008
I like turkey, it's pretty delicious. esp on thanksgiving.

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

phobo posted:

I like turkey, it's pretty delicious. esp on thanksgiving.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

im the inherent autism portrayed in this picture

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I clicked on a redstone brick. It triggered my trigs.

Minecraft ptsd itt.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I bought and played Minecraft for like 10 hours then the inherent tedium of it destroyed me soul.
I like poo poo like Craft the World because instead of having to sit there manually making holes you have little retard dwarves do it for you, what the gently caress am I? Some bitch miner? I ain't no third world dust farmer BITCH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
kids need to learn how to make things so that they wont find paying to make pretend things so fulfilling
are there no workhouses

• Locked thread